navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #7 » UnReached Love
Open Poetry #7
Post A Reply Post New Topic UnReached Love Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
ParisGrl
since 2000-06-01
Posts 610

0 posted 2000-06-06 08:56 PM

Unreached Love
Laura M. Wells

You are my unreached love that I can see; you make this friendship so difficult for me
I do not understand the games you play, is it that you are scared to tell me you feel the same way?
When I am with you I feel like I have the world in my hands but then you leave and everything turns back into sand
You say that you have things to care of and I know that you do but oh how I would love to spend a few minutes with you
You are so funny, witty, and smart and yes you also have one big heart
I wish that you would feel the same way about me, I hate this waiting game you see
We've known each other for almost a year and I hope that we grow closer for the next ones to come
I love the way you make me laugh and smile it makes seeing you all worth while
I know that lovers we may never be but just being your friend makes me filled with glee
You are my unreached love but my soul I do send on the wings of a dove

[This message has been edited by ParisGrl (edited 06-06-2000).]

© Copyright 2000 ParisGrl - All Rights Reserved
Temptress
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-06-15
Posts 7136
Mobile, AL
1 posted 2000-06-07 12:35 PM

Nice work.  

Nothing can deter a poet, for he is actuated by pure love. Who can predict his comings and goings? "Thoreau"

Aimster
Member Elite
since 2000-02-19
Posts 4297
Charlotte, NC
2 posted 2000-06-07 12:42 PM

~pg

very nice m'friend! i am really
becoming a fan of your work  
this one is heartfelt and very
touching.
take care,
amy  

"Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is before you can meet again. And meeting again after a moment or a lifetime is certain for those who are friends."

"Fate exists but it can only take you so far,
Because once you're there
It's up to you to make it happen."

CocoBaci
Member Elite
since 2000-05-06
Posts 3043

3 posted 2000-06-08 10:26 PM

My goodness, I have no idea how this one slipped thru my reading the other nite.
Anyhow, back to the top you go as this poem is truly sweet and deserving of another read.
Coco  

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
4 posted 2000-06-09 05:09 PM

Beautiful Miss Paris..."You say you have things to take care of and I know that you do...but oh how I would love to spend a few minutes with you."  This reminds me of a poem I wrote for lovely Lena.  We all have priorities in our lives and sometimes we have to wait and be patient before our time comes and we will be more important in someones life we care for.  This is true with me and Lena.  The poem was titled "A little time".  James
amazon_lover
since 2000-04-09
Posts 491
Dublin,Ireland
5 posted 2000-06-09 05:13 PM

nice poem full of feelings....I donot understand what my love feels at times..but when I start questioning I end up in melancholy..better wait until the time is ripe for both..but no assurance given makes the quest painful and anything can happen.

Sincerely
A_L

lorilockheart
since 2000-05-06
Posts 206
Alabama
6 posted 2000-06-09 07:50 PM

Oh Paris, I hope you are able to reach it.  When you do, grab on tight and don't let go.
Good job.
Lori

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean. Whenever one door closes I hope one more opens. Promise me you'll give faith a fighting chance. And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance - I hope you dance.
song by LeeAnn Womack
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aimster
Member Elite
since 2000-02-19
Posts 4297
Charlotte, NC
7 posted 2000-06-09 08:31 PM

ahemm bump!  

"Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is before you can meet again. And meeting again after a moment or a lifetime is certain for those who are friends."

"Fate exists but it can only take you so far,
Because once you're there
It's up to you to make it happen."

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #7 » UnReached Love

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary