navwin » Archives » Corner Pub #2 » Trillium
Corner Pub #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic Trillium Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Lighthousebob
Member Elite
since 2000-06-14
Posts 4725
California

0 posted 2006-06-22 10:40 PM

*Trillium

The gardener loved his garden more
Than did he love his wife,
He thought that she was quite the bore
Who hardly did live life.

Now, one day, while he’s at the store,
The gardener spots some seed,
The rarest ever seen before,
Indeed, a three leafed breed.

He planted them, enchanted them,
And watched them grow each day,
Then while he slept, his dull wife crept
And stepped outside to stay…

Beneath the three-leaved nightshade rose
Ground lilies from the ground
While waker-robins wakened up
The birth-roots all around
For when the jew’s harp came to play
Her most romantic sounds
The snakebite bit and dull bored wife
Was no more to be found…

She’d been smitten, Trillium bitten,
And so it’s most profound
That both the gardener’s and his wife’s
Love gardens now abound.

Smiles,
Lighthouse Bob

*three-leaved nightshade, ground lily, waker-robin, birth-root, jew’s harp, and snakebite are all other names for trillium.

© Copyright 2006 Robert E. Michaud Jr. - All Rights Reserved
Joyce Johnson
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-03-10
Posts 9912
Washington State
1 posted 2006-06-22 11:35 PM

Bob you have out done yourself.  This is precious and informative.  I thought you were writing a oem for our Betty.  I didn't know that the lovely trillium had so many aliases.  Trillium is still my favorite name for her.  Love, Joyce
Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
2 posted 2006-06-23 08:59 AM

LightHouseBob~
Awwww ... this is just wonderful !

And our own Trillium is gonna LOVE IT !

*Huglets*
~*Marge*~

~*The sound of a kiss is not as strong as that of a cannon, but it's echo endures much longer*~
Email -       noles1@totcon.com     

Enchantress
Member Empyrean
since 2001-08-14
Posts 35113
Canada eh.
3 posted 2006-06-23 09:13 AM

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Beautiful Bob...I enjoyed this write..
The Trillium grows in abundance here in Ontario, Canada.

midnightblues
since 2000-07-01
Posts 1597
Singapore
4 posted 2006-06-23 12:33 PM

Awww pretty!!

Love,
MiCheLLe

If there cannot be equal in affection, then let the one with more be me - midnightblues

Trillium
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-03-09
Posts 12098
Idaho, USA
5 posted 2006-06-23 11:08 PM

Dear Bob:  

Well this was quite a surprise!  I wondered why you were writing a poem about me (Trillim) and hoped I hadn't stepped on your toes in some way!! Enjoyed the poem very much and shed some light too, on a plant I really enjoy!  

Betty Lou

Betty Lou Hebert

Lighthousebob
Member Elite
since 2000-06-14
Posts 4725
California
6 posted 2006-06-24 12:16 PM

Betty Lou,

Smiles. Though I do wear a size 13 shoe and it would honestly be quite easy to do--Step on my toes. You didn't do so, no, not at all. Trillium, you're one of my favorite poets here at Passions and I am and have been very much inspired by your poetry and so I simply wanted to write a poem to honor you and your name a bit. I knew that Trillium was a name of a flower, but not until I researched it, did I realize what a most colorful flower it truly is. Trillium has quite a history. It was said to be used by the American Indians to aid their women in child birth and it has also been used to soothe all types of medical conditions. It's quite a flower and you, Trillium, are quite a poet. Like the flower of the same name, you have soothed many of our hearts and souls by your poetic words here at Passions. I'm so glad that I surprised you, that you enjoyed the poem, and that I shed a bit of light on a plant that you enjoy.

God bless.

-Bob

Verbena
since 2005-10-17
Posts 196
Australia
7 posted 2006-06-24 08:04 AM

Bob

What an honour it is indeed to dedicate this poem to Trillium!  A wonderful poem for a wonderful poetess!

Regards,

Verbena

pegasus111
Member Elite
since 2000-07-27
Posts 2219
ocala, fl, usa
8 posted 2006-06-24 08:10 AM

Bob,

An interesting and informative piece. I enjoy your wit.keep em coming friend.

the woods are lovely, dark, and deep, but I have promises to keep, and many miles to go before I sleep...Frost

Trillium
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-03-09
Posts 12098
Idaho, USA
9 posted 2006-06-24 03:44 PM

Bob:  Thank you so much for your lovely words about my work!  Coming from you, they mean a great deal to me, as I have always admired your poetry!  It's so good to see you posting here again.

I took the name of Trillium by accident.......or possibly not!  I had been walking in the woods the morning I joined Corner Pub and had picked a bouquet of Trilliums for the house. We have hundreds of them that bloom in April. When I needed a User Name, that's what popped into my mind!  Thank you again!

Betty Lou

Betty Lou Hebert

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Corner Pub #2 » Trillium

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary