navwin » Archives » Corner Pub #2 » This Sickness
Corner Pub #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic This Sickness Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
BabieDoll
since 2003-02-13
Posts 268
BFE

0 posted 2003-07-23 10:38 AM

Pounding frustration envelops me
As my mind screams to be heard
I beg for the darkness
And for just an ounce of rest
Yet, I know it will not come

Thunder rolls behind my eyelids
As the migraine continues to throb
I light up a cigarette
In hopes it will help
But my hands still remain shaky

I feel nervousness for no reason
My stomach churns violently
Feeling I might throw up
I lay down in bed
And shed ashamed tears of defeat

It will be a long night*

~Thought I'd try a new forum for a change. I hope you enjoy my writing.

"In life you must dance like no one is watching, sing like no one is listening and love like it's never going to hurt..."

© Copyright 2003 J.Lynn - All Rights Reserved
junemac
since 2003-04-24
Posts 1005
uk
1 posted 2003-07-23 12:06 PM

oh i know that feeling.so many times i have felt this way.

great poem liked especially this lines

I lay down in bed
And shed ashamed tears of defeat.

hugs and welcome from june xxx

SharaRose
Member Elite
since 2003-07-19
Posts 2501
Somewhere out there~
2 posted 2003-07-23 12:18 PM

I read this, and it brought back memories of my aunt, and my mothers migraines. They, too loved a dark room to sleep in. I know it left its mark on me seeing their pain, and hoped, and prayed I never got migraines. So far so good. "PHEW"! I thank God for it, too. This write made me feel for you. I hope all gets better with your headaches. They are no fun that is for sure.

SharaRose @-->--

Of sound, and speech let all lift the hearer!

Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
3 posted 2003-07-23 02:18 PM

JLynne~
Well ... there you are ... I left you a note in Teen to come on down to the Corner Pub ... poof !  ... opened up and here you already were~
WELCOME~

We keep the lights dimmed here ... so your headache should tolerate our subdued decor~

In my more youthful days ... I experienced three classic migraines ... and I can feel your pain~  I thank God that I no longer experience them~

You wrote it well ... hope yours eases off~
*Huglets*
~*Marge*~

~*The pen of the poet never runs out of ink, as long as we breathe.*~
noles1@totcon.com

Trillium
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-03-09
Posts 12098
Idaho, USA
4 posted 2003-07-23 03:25 PM

BarbieDoll:  It's nice to see your pretty face in Corner Pub.  Welcome to the site and hope you enjoy posting here, as well as Teen.

My daughter has suffered from migraines all her life and they really are awful!  She is now taking a mediciation that stops them, as soon as she feels one coming on.  Perhaps your doctor can prescribe the same thing for you?  I can ask her for the name of it, if you'd like to know.

Best wishes
Betty Lou

Betty Lou Hebert

SilentTears
since 2003-02-15
Posts 371
Lost and Broken
5 posted 2003-07-27 11:34 PM

Wow...I like this one. It's definitely not something you would normally write...but I like it. I think that every now and then, change is a good thing. You should definitely try writing more like this. Nice job. Love's.

As I smile at everyone else, I'm dying inside... ~Me

[This message has been edited by SilentTears (07-27-2003 11:36 PM).]

DawnG
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-06-23
Posts 1494
United States
6 posted 2003-07-27 11:39 PM

I just started having migraines a few months ago. They can be horrendous. My first one lasted 4 days and I hope you never have or have had to go through one lasting that long.

Dawn

Joyce Johnson
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-03-10
Posts 9912
Washington State
7 posted 2003-07-29 07:15 PM

I had migraines when I was yhoung but I have outgrown them.  Take heart.  I would get those flashing lights and then the nausea would roll over me.  But haven't had one since my first child was born.  You write a good poem.  Joyce
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Corner Pub #2 » This Sickness

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary