navwin » Archives » Corner Pub #2 » With God On Their Side
Corner Pub #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic With God On Their Side Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
allan
since 2000-04-09
Posts 620
On the road

0 posted 2003-03-09 06:49 PM

With God on their side
They lust to kill
With God on their side
They say it's His will

But these religious bigots
Speak blasphemy that's all
With their hate-filled words
Into Hell they will fall

Speak up noble America
Against this hateful game
These people besmirch you
And your country's name

They will destroy any faith
Any doubters may have
When they see such beasts
And the words they rave

Come American patriots
Hear the call
These born-again demons
Make your country look small

Tell them direct
They don't speak for you
Send them to the devil
This heinious crew

And then you will see
A more glorious day
For America and Mankind
In peace we will stay

© Copyright 2003 Allan Tierney - All Rights Reserved
Joyce Johnson
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-03-10
Posts 9912
Washington State
1 posted 2003-03-09 07:21 PM

Sorry, I can't agree with you on this one Allan.  I don't see evil in our leaders, I just think that it is too soon to resort to war. It must be rather lonely at the top and I think he wants to make good choices but I am not sure what that is.  None of us want to be sitting ducks for another catastrophe like September 11, 2003.  Surely you don't think that was called for.  It was diabolical and this president I think is trying to make our world safer.  There is evil in the world and Sadaam is evil, I have no doubt of that, but it should not always have to be the U.S that fixes things.  Even though they need fixiing badly. We are also the first ones there to fill a need and we are not appreciated.  I go along that I don't want war but the real blame lies with the ones who started it.   Sincerely,  Joyce
Nightshade
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-08-31
Posts 13962
just out of reach
2 posted 2003-03-09 08:16 PM

With God on their side
They say it's His will

allan, I don't remember hearing anyone state this. Rather it is God that gave us "free will".   All I can say is God forgive us, for we STILL know not what we do.  Chris

"Hope" is the thing with feathers-
that perches in the soul....

-Emily Dickinson

allan
since 2000-04-09
Posts 620
On the road
3 posted 2003-03-10 05:57 AM

Joyce, 9-11 was a tragedy but I don't think it is the reason for what is being done right now. The hawks don't think that way. In my honest opinion they are actively USING 9-11 and the anxieties of the American people to further goals from much further back. The American people want solutions to their fears. To turn to the hawks and ex-cold war warriors to provide these though is, in my opinion a mistake of immeasurable proportions. The ugly twist of fate that put a man who didn't even suceed in getting a majority of Americans to vote for him in power just before a tragedy of the magnitude of 9-11 has been a disaster for the world. The hawks are grasping their one moment - they know such a time will NEVER come again for them. It is SUCH an opportunity as they see it to create the kind of world they have longed for for decades. All America has to do is look back at the last time they had untrammelled power to see what their world will look like. Look back at the Fifties and McCarthyism. That is America of the future unless you start now to say NO.
allan
since 2000-04-09
Posts 620
On the road
4 posted 2003-03-10 06:03 AM

Chris, yes, I agree.

Please, please, whatever you do, do not believe the people in power are only struggling to do what's right. Hawks, politicians and no doubt peace campaigners too, all jockey for positions that further much deeper agendas than any current situation. Yes, they may well be looking at a certain problem but don't believe they aren't looking much further down the road and seeing how any solution will advantage them and their long-term goals. This is an instinct in politics that remains incredibly powerful and even at times unconscious and subliminal, no matter how important it is to do the RIGHT thing.

Don't end up in a police state. You may well find later that it WAS no accident of fate...

allan
since 2000-04-09
Posts 620
On the road
5 posted 2003-03-10 06:18 AM

Beware of groups who believe they can do no wrong because their actions are sanctioned by God. There are groups within America who beieve that what they think is right and cannot possibly be wrong and that what is good for them is automatically good for America. I have had very personal contact with such people having worked in a family company made up of them. They have not one, not one single doubt that their every action (no matter HOW brutal it may be) is sanctioned by God.

These same people talk often about freedom. If they increase their power even more I predict you will very quickly see just how limited their concept of freedom REALLY is.

SPIRIT
since 2002-12-29
Posts 1745
California Desert
6 posted 2003-03-10 02:54 PM

Like Joyce I beg to differ with you.
Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
7 posted 2003-03-10 06:05 PM

Allan~
Anyone who visits your website ... (and reluctantly I admit that I have) but I won't again ... can smell your hatred for AMERIKA (isn't that how YOU spell it ?) and the actions of her elected officials, in spite of your weak disclaimers~

Also you should be aware that there are people who vehemently disagree with you and your one-sided perceptions.

You need to look at your own motives for your political tirades disguised as poetry~

I'd like to say I respect your opinion, (but goodness knows that's not true) ... however, because I live in a democratic society ... I give you room for your opinions ... but, don't expect me to swallow them.

Have a nice day ... and you know what ?
God is on everybody's side ... until they do that which causes Him to judge their actions unfavorably.
He is the force to be reckoned with~
Pray ... pray very diligently~

Save your breath going off on me ... cause I won't be back to read it.

(However, I'll peek in at your 'poetry' ... from time to time ... just in case you write some.)

Oh ... I saw a bumper sticker today that reminded me of - well, of someone~
It said ...
"Know your enemy, He may be road rage ... waiting for a place to happen"

God bless America and her citizens in their constant vigil for World Peace~
~*Marge*~

~*The pen of the poet never runs out of ink, as long as we breathe.*~
noles1@totcon.com                        

allan
since 2000-04-09
Posts 620
On the road
8 posted 2003-03-11 03:43 AM

Marge, your patronizing post is pretty typical of an arrogant mindset.

I differentiate between Americans and Amerikans. I love Americans, they are some of the most wonderful people I have ever met and I believe they are potentially the ones who will save millions of people from starvation and save the planet from its exploiters. I do not hate Amerikans who have all the hatefull characteristics of militarists, bigots and xenophobes. But I AM totally disgusted by them and their primitive and sleazy exploitation of the rest of the world. Their attitudes are arrogant and full of hypocrisy. I make no apologies for being disgusted by this dark side of the U.S. I know that all Americans are disgusted by it too.

Please DO stay away. I have no interest in reading your ugly comments.

[This message has been edited by allan (03-11-2003 04:10 AM).]

passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
9 posted 2003-03-21 01:32 PM

Marge, you make me, as well as others here, very proud, lady!  I agree passionately with you!

Thanks for the warning about his website. I don't think I can take any more hatred or any of that kind of so-called Christianity right now.

passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
10 posted 2003-03-21 01:48 PM

allan, don't say that you know anything when you don't...what you think you KNOW is a matter of opinion only...not fact.

If you put out such pieces of "poetry" here amongst a great many of us that are Americans, then expect some harsh feedback...you've done well at infringing on copyright laws, drawing out hateful emotions for you as not only a writer but a human being, using God as your crutch, and showing everyone that you obviously LOVE conflict.

I don't think anyone on this site has one particular motive for being here. You are the only one that I can see that uses this forum to express your disgust and hate of America and War, and to promote your views on the way it should be in a perfect world. the ideal of Peace and Contentment forever.

Your anger is scary to me. There are people that are sure that they will make others see how they see, whatever it takes...even if that leads to and ends in violence.  So maybe you might examine your own mindset instead of trying to analyze everyone else's...don't you have a life to live?

allan
since 2000-04-09
Posts 620
On the road
11 posted 2003-03-21 02:10 PM

Passing Shadows, I think thou dost protest too much.

I have a point of view and I am expressing it strongly. No one is being forced to read my words. If you don't want teurned off don't switch on. It's as simple as that. But whining at me that you don't like what you are reading is pretty pathetic. I don't mean to be particularly vitriolic at you so let me just say that if you look at the spectrum of work I have posted here over several years you will find many varied pieces. At the moment I happen to believe we are witnesses at a cataclysmic moment in the history of our species. In my honest opinion the global super power is taking the world to a new and extremely dangerous level of risk. This wont become apparent for some time. But I believe this with every fibre of my being. I know that how it appears to Americans is very different to how it appears to the rest of the world. But this doesn't mean we should all shut up and start cheering the slaughter. the sanctimonious nature of most American comment on this "war" is sickening in the extreme. people are coming all over their precious flag in exstasies of hate. America is becoming despised and reviled the world over. I do NOT support this. I believe in Americans because I have met very many and I have found them to be thoroughly fine people. I have loved the American way of being (at least as far as I have been exposed to it) yet I see another America also - the one I call Amerika. This is also the side of America that all decent Americans hate and revile. before 9-11 you would not have supported such ugly Republicans as you have in the White House now. Their racist and bigoted and xenophobic theories would have been filed in the litter bin of history along with Goldwater and the Nazi party. Now a certain minority of Amerikans has taken over and is brutally milking 9-11 and all the other scares for their own agenda. DO NOT FALL FOR IT. Please, please, do not be taken in by these fascists. I plead with you. The "old Europe" so denegrated by the redneck Runsfeld has a wiser and older head and sees that you are heading for such fear and loathing that the period after 9-11 will seems as nothing. We don't want that. Our fears are not small anxieties - we are terrified of the men you have let take over your amazing country.

Please, don't think I am a mad terrorist ranting lunatic. If you think that you are very misguided. maybe that's what you would LIKE to believe because you would rather not look at what your leaders are doing. Be braver than that I implore you. This time is the time when the future path of the whole community of Man will be decided. It is my honest belief that we must now post 9-11 find alternatives routes to security than war. Through all my raving and shouting please understand that is the CORE of what I am saying. Understand this at least even though you condemn me for all else.

By the way I have a great life, great partner, job, friends.

Plus, I love my garden and spring is on its way!  

[This message has been edited by allan (03-21-2003 02:11 PM).]

passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
12 posted 2003-03-21 04:23 PM

I don't believe that 9-11 has anything to do with this war. The are a great many Americans that are angry about that, it's a day that will live in history forever...and a day that has changed our lives for good. What justice did we get for that?

Watch this show here and tell me it doesn't touch you....tell me we brought this on ourselves...tell me it couldn't happen in your country...tell me you don't care.

www.politicsandprotest.com

[This message has been edited by passing shadows (03-21-2003 04:24 PM).]

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Corner Pub #2 » With God On Their Side

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary