navwin » Archives » Corner Pub #2 » To Every U.S. Soldier In Iraq
Corner Pub #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic To Every U.S. Soldier In Iraq Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
allan
since 2000-04-09
Posts 620
On the road

0 posted 2003-02-19 06:15 PM

Did you join for this, to kill some kids?
I can't believe you did
Is this what it means to protect your land?
To follow blindly led?

Look at the ones you come to kill
And feel a righteous shame
Your leader has led you all to hell
And he will take the blame

Are you lusting to beat out their brains?
To smear your face in blood?
Are you hungry to hear crunch of bone?
Is it the teaching of your God?

In your mind do you smile to hear
The ring of anguished screams?
Or have you compassion in your heart
For a people and their dreams?

For as you know, innocents will die
And not an easy death
To take a child's life is an ugly thing
To rob them of joyfull breath

Your Lord said 'Do not kill'
He said it very clear
Will you ignore his peaceful words
Pretending not to hear?

You have been sent to shoot and kill
You have been sent to slaughter
Your conscience will rob your soul
As you rob each son and daughter

Of precious life, of Mum and Dad
Of friends and grandfather
Think how YOU will then live on
With your conscience ever after

You are sent to kill and kill again
Until the day is won
Are you very proud a peace to win?
From the barrel of a gun?

© Copyright 2003 Allan Tierney - All Rights Reserved
SPIRIT
since 2002-12-29
Posts 1745
California Desert
1 posted 2003-02-19 08:15 PM

I wish I was able to express myself better than I do but in all honesty this piece of doesn't warrant a reply.

I be me BUT who does me be?

[This message has been edited by SPIRIT (02-19-2003 08:24 PM).]

passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
2 posted 2003-02-21 04:12 AM

I don't guess you've heard what they've said they want to do to us? Eye for an eye, I say! And only the strong survive!

I had a teacher that was anti-war, anti-USA, and they made him resign when he went tooo far and started scaring the students... I would tell him to go live in another country if he didn't like it here in America...but why waste breath? He was sort of spooky anyhow...

Freedom of speech gives you the right to speak here in the forums, and I have the right to disagree. Wonderful USA!

[This message has been edited by passing shadows (02-21-2003 04:14 AM).]

cupcake
since 2003-01-05
Posts 116

3 posted 2003-02-21 09:56 AM

Nasty piece of writing.

I'm a reader - not a writer.

allan
since 2000-04-09
Posts 620
On the road
4 posted 2003-02-21 10:19 AM

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

I have seen the interviews with the laughing and leering American soldiers and seamen who scrawl their hate-filled slogans on the bombs and missiles some of which ARE destined to blow little children to a bloody pulp. I have heard their jingoistic comments and arrogant unthinking comments.

I am aware that most soldiers do not actively want to kill kids but they should know that inevitably this is what they WILL be doing even if by accident just by going to Bush's disgraceful war for oil.

Save your comments for him when he glories in some fancied new tomorrow for Iraq. There are plenty of men, women and children who will lie blackened with their leering rigor morticed faces in a hundred mortaries after this is done. Tell them it was all well worth while. Will you?

The words of Bush the child-killer will echo in their funerary chambers and God willing he will pay for his crime.

[This message has been edited by allan (02-21-2003 10:22 AM).]

SPIRIT
since 2002-12-29
Posts 1745
California Desert
5 posted 2003-02-21 11:10 AM

What a contradiction you are - you 'preach' peace and spew hatred.  
allan
since 2000-04-09
Posts 620
On the road
6 posted 2003-02-21 03:45 PM

SPIRIT - I believe you are seeing through a veil of propaganda. I don't hate Bush and the forces of war in America. I am disgusted by both but I don't hate them. Please DO understand the difference between these emotions. If you don't then your ignorance will only feed your blindness to what I am actually saying here.
Yu Lan
since 2000-04-13
Posts 1462
New Zealand
7 posted 2003-02-21 07:33 PM

This is much better written.. Congratulations

-Lynne

Bless your cotten sockies, you poetic maniacs. ^_^

Love - Lynne

allan
since 2000-04-09
Posts 620
On the road
8 posted 2003-02-21 07:56 PM

Thank you very much Yu Lan. Please do also read some of the other comments to get the breadth of view on this piece!
Crazy Eddie
since 2002-09-14
Posts 178

9 posted 2003-02-21 08:35 PM

Thanks for the chance to read and reply
SPIRIT
since 2002-12-29
Posts 1745
California Desert
10 posted 2003-02-22 11:34 AM

Not fair at all to try and lay guilt on those men and women who are braver than you or I and are just following the orders of their 'bosses'. Underhanded tactics, I personally consider them somewhat cowardly....my opinion, to which I am entitled.
Street Heart
since 2002-09-05
Posts 349
Pennsylvania,USA
11 posted 2003-02-22 08:09 PM

Hey,Allan,how have you been doing?It has been a couple of months since I've been to Passions.I see that you are stirring things up a bit   .Good! We could use a lot of eye openers,especially those who think that war is the only answer,the only resolution.Have we not learned by now from our past?! Do they not see that there were many who called Hitler,"boss".Should they who made their own decisions to follow every order of his be not held responsible? I believe that we should be respectful of authority,but when that authority goes against those "higher" laws,those tenets we "say" we follow and hold dear,do we continue obeying these inhuman resolutions by these so-called "bosses",or do we finally learn forgiveness,and the true meanings behind,"Peace on Earth,good will toward men."? The turmoil has been going on much too long within the Middle East.This turmoil,these atrocious acts (usually in the name of God or a god who is against war!Go figure!) against humanity have been going long before any ramifications of those acts rippled upon our own shores.Every time there is an attack there is a counter attack.Has no one,after all these years,gotten terribly tired of hearing occurance after hateful occurance,perhaps even thinking to oneself that,"Enough is enough!",or,"It's about time someone laid down the "Weapon",whatever it may be,and just finally say,"I will not continue in this way any longer and lower myself to the 'Other side's' behavior any longer!"It has to end sometime,or it will be a never-ending,perpetual state.How can anyone with a heart just simply feel that that is the way of the world and we should just accept war and hate as a way to live,as our way of life?Allan,I have a terribly difficult time imagining myself as a warrior.
I think it funny for how peace loving I have always been (Funny?Is it funny or odd?). I remember a bully at my bus stop picking on my next door neighbor(a little girl).I was used to being picked on for so many years at that point,but never stood up for myself.Now,
here was a time that I fought (kicked the living tar out of him,actually) for her sake.From that point he no longer bullied anyone(although I did hear that later on he started taking karate classes...for what purposes I do not know)
Of course,this occurance was small-scale,
but is it really any different than fighting a war for others? I think we all should ask,"How many innocent people will die for the sake of protecting them?".And what of our environment?Do any think of that? How many more bombs,nuclear or otherwise,will it take to damage this world beyond repair.You see,when you destroy "mine"
in these ways,you wind up destroying "yours" as well.You ask,"How do we stop a madman (bully?)from terrorizing?",and,"How do we avenge those who we loved,who died so senselessly?".
These scenarios are not new!! These types of tyrants,these horrendous acts have been going on for millenia.Have we learned anything at all?! Is war the only answer to stop what should not be?I'm sorry,Allan,for using your site here as my "soap box" as well.It's just that I know in my heart that I know your heart and that your statements do not come from hate,...and certainly not ignorance.When it comes down to that
possibility of losing your own child,family,
etc.,what response should one give?
Do I/you/we perpetuate the hate,or do we teach others of God's forgiveness and Love?Perhaps this is the ultimate question.God be with us all...

Peace(yes,PEACE),your friend,Geoffrey

If a man has not discovered something he is willing to die for,his life is not worth living.

Martin Luther King,Jr. Detroit,1963

[This message has been edited by Street Heart (02-23-2003 08:31 PM).]

allan
since 2000-04-09
Posts 620
On the road
12 posted 2003-02-22 08:09 PM

Naturally you are entitled to your opinion SPIRIT.
passing shadows
Member Empyrean
since 1999-08-26
Posts 45577
displaced
13 posted 2003-02-22 08:58 PM

Street Heart, you've been missed. Good to see you again.

allan
since 2000-04-09
Posts 620
On the road
14 posted 2003-02-23 08:00 PM

Thank you very very much Geoffrey for saying it all so much better than I ever could. I concur with each and every word. Good to meet you here again old friend!
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Corner Pub #2 » To Every U.S. Soldier In Iraq

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary