navwin » Archives » Corner Pub #2 » black on black
Corner Pub #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic black on black Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Tanzanite
since 2002-05-30
Posts 11

0 posted 2002-08-28 07:32 PM

crimes committed by blacks against other blacks are often ignored or lightly punished~why?~is the criminal system stacked against black people~why?? sixty two percent of blacks in prison for drug violations~compared with 36% of whites~although whites account for 75% of all drug users~why?? is there very little being done to curb the black-on-black carnage~blacks arent killin each other because were violent or crime prone by nature~or solely because were poor and oppressed~or even because were actin out the obscene and lewd violence we see and hear on tv, movies and in gangster hip-hop lyrics on the streets~the violence results from a combustible blend of cultural and racial baggage that many of us carry~it is a twisted and warped response to racism and deprivation~blocked opportunities, powerless and alienation~this perceived devaluation~of black lives by racism has encouraged disrespect for the law and has forced many blacks to internalize anger and displace aggression onto others~far too many young black males have become especially adept at acting out our frustrations at white societys denial of our "manhood" by adopting an exaggerated "tough guy" role~we swagger, boast, curse, fight and commit senseless violent self-destructive acts~then they say were prone to violence?David Walker once said..."freedom is only a facade for the reality of caste...reduced us to degradation...reffering to us as barbarians...whereas youre the true barbarian for the extermination of indians...enslavement of blacks, the selling, raping and whipping of slaves are all signs of savagery, not civilization"~throughout this mess youve covered our mouths so people wouldnt hear our cries~to you, were jus anyones meat~lower than the crust on ur feet~although shivering, we are still wiping our eyes on our sleeves~peeking through the window as we stare at you with hate~winking with our good eye~we act like we like you...and quietly reach for our knives~hoping you burn in hell along with your treacherous wife~the damage done cant be bought~the theft of our freedom before our eyes and never seem to get caught~the whips across the back that we got~cause u assumed and u thought~people of color were naughts...so u left us distraught...if ya dont care where your at, then your never lost~we look up above and pray to a white man on the cross~we eat the lies they seem to toss~now...whisper in my ears tell me whose the boss~They always whisper far from our ears~and shout when were near~and they blame us for our incapabilities of not being able to hear clear~light and dark~bunched together to create a spark~in my head, you and I are the same~with no one but ourselves to blame~I want the winds to carry me through the present so I can see the future~don't stab me with my back turned~that leads to loss of respect earned~dont bite the hands that feed~write my rhymns, and role my weed...cause thats all my mind needs~so after meteors destroy the earth~pieces will dispurs throughout the universe~I am reggae and I wont be in the death tolls~because my souls got 21 dimension escape holes~

© Copyright 2002 Tanzanite - All Rights Reserved
Joyce Johnson
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-03-10
Posts 9912
Washington State
1 posted 2002-08-28 08:26 PM

Yes, there has been terrible injustices to blacks.  It is up to each of us what ever the color to take steps toward improvment in race relationships.  Joyce
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Corner Pub #2 » black on black

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary