navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » The Game
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic The Game Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~

0 posted 2000-07-06 02:39 AM

I never did really love you,
I just used you for all that you had.
Now your saying I broke you heart,
but its just to bad.
    *~*~*
I can also play,
play this what you call a game.
But then I broke your heart,
and its just a shame.
    ~*~*~
First you moved,
and then I happened to score.
If you dont like it,
why do you keep coming back for more?
    *~*~*
But then you quit,
you just quit the game I was playing.
And then what came out of it,
just the hurtful words you started saying.
    ~*~*~
Its just to bad,
that I was the one who won.
So put away the pieces,
the game is over and done.
    *~*~*
< !signature-->

~IF YOU WANT SOMETHING VERY BADLY~SET IT FREE~IF IT COMES BACK TO YOU~ITS YOURS FOREVER~IF IT DOESNT IT WAS NEVER YOURS TO BEGIN WITH~

[This message has been edited by ERIN (edited 07-06-2000).]

© Copyright 2000 Erin Erbs - All Rights Reserved
Jeremy Halstead
since 2000-06-01
Posts 569
Morris, Ill. U.S.A
1 posted 2000-07-06 05:13 AM

Now that wasn't a very nice thing to do.  I'm sure you realize that peoples hearts aren't just game pieces.  The poem was well written though.

Jeremy

"Time is the matter, and in a matter of that all wounds will heal and all scars shall fade."

Lucius Cade
since 2000-03-23
Posts 235
Saskatchewan
2 posted 2000-07-06 05:29 AM

Yes this poem made me feel angry at you. Which means it was very well written, BUT STILL sheesh, poor guy.

Lucidity is the answer to all problems

Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
3 posted 2000-07-06 02:13 PM

JEREMY & LUCIUS~~~~~this isnt about someone its just something that came into my head...so now you shouldnt be angry or mad cuz its all make believe...the way that the easter bunny and santa claus are...alright???

~IF YOU WANT SOMETHING VERY BADLY~SET IT FREE~IF IT COMES BACK TO YOU~ITS YOURS FOREVER~IF IT DOESNT IT WAS NEVER YOURS TO BEGIN WITH~

TearsOfPearls
since 1999-09-23
Posts 322
Vereeniging, South-Africa
4 posted 2000-07-06 03:54 PM

I liked this poem, no...nothing wrong with me or anything. It is well written and I think it is great if you can write about "make belive" stuff.

Good poem

Waves...amazing hey? Wind blowing over smoothe ocean water creates shear. The longer the wind blows, and the futher the fetch, the more energy gets transferred from the wind to the water. What started off as a breeze 1 000km away, ends up as a glass-faced barrel at some far off beach.

BabyGirl1
since 2000-07-02
Posts 91
Morris, IL
5 posted 2000-07-06 10:08 PM

I also liked this poem.  It was a different kind of emotion than most people write about.  I am glad to hear that it never happened.
Comfrey83
since 2000-04-02
Posts 36
Winchester, Mass USA
6 posted 2000-07-06 11:20 PM

its true. hell, we cold people have to do something. im pretty cold to some poeple but others get to me really deep. i know the game, sorry to say im into it too.
you know it
-Andy

TAP2
since 2000-06-29
Posts 211
Morris, Il USA
7 posted 2000-07-07 01:27 AM

The game of life and love is all the same. We each play our pawns and save the powerful pieces for the last. Keeping an ace up your sleeve will keep you one step ahead. So even if this poem was not based on fiction, you described the game that a lot of us guys try to play. If you girls start to beat us at it, the better for you!

Thomas

Jose Marti
since 2000-07-01
Posts 374
washing DC
8 posted 2000-07-07 01:42 AM

Good poem Erin. Don't let anybody criticise you for the way you play the game. All of us do it at some point in our lives.
Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
9 posted 2000-07-07 01:55 AM

thank you for all the replies...i didnt think it would go so well after the harsh words i got from some people...but hey its another consequence we go through in life...there are guys out there that play this game and there are some girls too...i got the idea from a freestyle song...and from an ex how he treated me bad then wanted me back...so im just saying thats how i won...

Wicced_Witch
since 2000-02-06
Posts 110
Clarksville, TN, USA
10 posted 2000-07-07 03:05 AM

Well written poem, I liked it alot.  Though it may not be true in your case, there are alot of people out there who like to play with peoples emotions.  I think your poem captured the harshness of playing "the game".  Keep up the good work, I look foward to reading more from you.
Chel
since 2000-07-01
Posts 511
Baltimore, MD, USA
11 posted 2000-07-07 07:57 PM

This was a very well written poem.  I understood the plot.  I liked the way it was worded,  but I hope that you don't do this to anyone's heart.  People's hearts are very fragile.  Just keep up the good work.

Chel

"True friends stab you in the front"
"Always do your best, you will always succeed"

qtpieelmo
since 2000-07-04
Posts 989
Sesame Street :) hee hee ,NY
12 posted 2000-07-07 08:15 PM

i luved the poem & yes i've played the game but never really meant to hurt any1 & all of us do it at least once so dont act all innocent lol we get hurt & we want to hurt others in return at some point great work  
LOVE ELMO
<3

Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
13 posted 2000-07-07 08:25 PM

elmo~~~i know what your trying to say...but with this one person that i had in my mind when i wrote it really deserved it...he played me for a fool then wanted me back after we broke up i guess you can call it...he was my best friend and the person who at the point held my heart...but hey if it was a game i was playing oh well he got what he deserved...and yeah we do all play this...we get our hearts broken so in return we do decide to break some...

thank you all for replying...like i said when i first got responses they werent the ones i thought i would get...hey its only a poem though...its not like this is happening at this point in my life...

Artic Wind
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 8080
Realm of Supernatural
14 posted 2007-12-01 10:39 PM

Enjoyed

ARCTIC WIND

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » The Game

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary