navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » To the Junior Members...
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic To the Junior Members... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Melster
since 2000-12-09
Posts 442
Brisbane, Qld, Australia

0 posted 2001-01-07 07:08 PM

To the Junior Members...

I look around this forum here
And see a whole new croud,
The juniors here are gathering
At numbers far and near.
Their writing is just wonderful,
Full of love and fears,
They wandered in and made themselves
Feel right here at home...
There are soo many of you
That I am not going to name you all,
What I am writing here to say,
Is welcome one and all...

I just thought that I would write something a little different to my ususal...  I have noticed while reading posts that there is a lot of new people here now...  it is great to see sooo many new faces and read their wonderful work...  So this is my little welcome note to all of you and I hope you enjoy your time here!!

Melz!!

Dont believe what ur eyes r telling u they only show limitation. Look with ur understanding, find out what u already know & u will see the way to fly

© Copyright 2001 Melanie Heagney - All Rights Reserved
Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
1 posted 2001-01-07 08:16 PM

Very nice Melz ... this is a warm and welcoming family, and it's wonderful to greet all these new poets.  I remember being a novice here also (almost 5,000 posts ago, lol) and everyone welcomed me with open arms. It feels good to do the same for all! Much enjoyed your hearty welcome!  

Best wishes,
/Kit

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
2 posted 2001-01-07 08:48 PM

Awwwwwww thanks melz, yes i'm the new guy here. Thanks for welcoming me!

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I'm in love with my shadow
I admire it daily

jeremydraul
since 2000-08-01
Posts 1118
State of Despair
3 posted 2001-01-07 08:51 PM

that was very nice, welcome to the new ones!

~JDR

"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." -Oscar Wilde

Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
4 posted 2001-01-07 10:47 PM

There does seem to be a lot of new memebers posting, so welcome, we really do hope you stay   

"Disagreements stimulate thought, thought stimulates action, and action stimulates life." --Lakewalker
http://www.thehungersite.com

IsGona
since 2000-07-14
Posts 723

5 posted 2001-01-07 10:56 PM

You stole those words right out of my mouth you thief!!!    I think you speak for all of us here.  Every poet that comes here is apreciated and welcome in every way.  This was a nice gester.

"Every body has their destiny...
I'LL CHOOSE MY OWN
~Hatebreed~

Melster
since 2000-12-09
Posts 442
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
6 posted 2001-01-08 05:03 AM

~~Kit:~~  Thanks, I like to let people know that they are welcome  and i hope that it encourages them to stay more...
~~Dopey~~  We know you are a newbie... 2760 posts ago....
~~Jeremy~~  thanks...
~~Lake~~  Theres heaps of 'em it's great!!
~~Isgona~~   I know I stole your words...  j/k  but someone had to do this...  

Dont believe what ur eyes r telling u they only show limitation. Look with ur understanding, find out what u already know & u will see the way to fly

Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
7 posted 2001-01-08 07:40 AM

.........how come all of us that replied have been here a while, and none of the new people have replied??? ..........

"Disagreements stimulate thought, thought stimulates action, and action stimulates life." --Lakewalker
http://www.thehungersite.com

Allan Riverwood
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-01-04
Posts 3502
Winnipeg
8 posted 2001-01-08 07:55 AM

I was about to observe that myself, lake!
Can I still be considered a new guy?  If so, thanks Melz!

Poet on Acid
since 2001-01-07
Posts 325
Florida, USA
9 posted 2001-01-08 03:23 PM

I'm newer than new? I'm super new? anyways thanx for takin the time to not only welcome the new peoples but put it in the form of a poem. God gave us power in our words but wow, some people know how to use it.
LoveBug
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Elite
since 2000-01-08
Posts 4697

10 posted 2001-01-08 03:45 PM

This is a wonderful tribute to our future "elite" members! Thank you for making all of the newer ones feel so welcome!  

"Where there is great love there are always miracles" -Cather
"Love heals everything, and love is all there is"- Zukav

Melster
since 2000-12-09
Posts 442
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
11 posted 2001-01-08 11:59 PM

~~Lake~~  Now that you point that out, I can see that...  oh well, I musta scared them off...  hang on here comes the stampede...  I mustn't of!!

~~Allan~~  Yeah you are still pretty new to us...  though you are getting up in the world...  100 posts soo quickly, you keep busy!!

~~Poet On Acid~~  Is that a compliment??  If so thanks...  

~~LoveBug~~  It is always nice to feel welcomed, I was welcomed in one hell of a snowfight... (ahhh...  the memories...) So I thought this might make em feel welcomed!!  It's always hard being the newbie!!

Bye All, I will be back later to reply to all your wonderful peices!!

Love Melz!!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » To the Junior Members...

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary