navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » What happens when sk8ers and gangsters go skinny dipping
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic What happens when sk8ers and gangsters go skinny dipping Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Ina
since 2000-10-09
Posts 1236
Quebec, Canada

0 posted 2001-01-06 02:32 PM

I want to say im sorry
but I know you say its
your fault, and I guess
its true
The soft memories of
going skinny-dipping in
the lake at your cottage
when we were so young
I never liked to wear
clothes and neither
did you, our parents
got so angry when we had
walked down our quiet street
buck naked, wiggling our
butts at the mail man and
the evil lady who used to live
down the street
then we grew up, i started
skateboarding and you started to
drift away
I wore baggy Food pants and parody
baby t's
you started wearing Fubu and Lugz
I started drugs and so did you
I continued until I ended up in the
hospital, you didnt stop
I listened to nirvana, you listened
to Bone Thugs n Harmony
I figured out what you were, a gangster
and I tried to stop you, and I got
stabbed by your friends
You got shot, while standing up for me
and you died,
all you told me to remeber was us
skinny-dipping and running around naked
All I can remeber is you lying on the ground
going limp in my arms, I begged u to stay
but u smile and whispered words in my ear
"ill be here forever all u got to do is listen
to BTNH's eternal 1999"
So I do, everynight before I go to bed and the
lyrics play in my head
"....he's gone, and all he
left was his memories. But when I die, you gon' see me. One, two, three, Wally rest in peace, please...."
                 Regina

[This message has been edited by Ina (edited 01-06-2001).]

© Copyright 2001 Regina Levy - All Rights Reserved
IsGona
since 2000-07-14
Posts 723

1 posted 2001-01-06 03:01 PM

.... ... I'm lost for words. I really was not ready for such a serious and sad poem.  I need to go call my friend right now.  I send you my deepest regard.  Losing a friend has to be one of the hardest things.
I will pray for you
Jason< !signature-->

"Every body has their destiny...
I'LL CHOOSE MY OWN
~Hatebreed~

[This message has been edited by IsGona (edited 01-06-2001).]

Author Unknown
since 2001-01-05
Posts 57
Linn MO USA
2 posted 2001-01-06 04:17 PM

thats intense, know how ya feel...very powerful felt it in my heart, umm like you said if you need to talk or anything email me and again very intense poem

*dont let life bring you down, dig thru the ditches and deck it in the face and reclaim your place*---Kyle Finn....2001

lilpoet
since 2000-12-30
Posts 55
Dallas,Tx
3 posted 2001-01-06 04:57 PM

At first I thought this was just a silly little poem when I saw the title and started reading it...but then...
It made me cry, I feel so bad for what happened and I can only imangine how much you must be hurting.  
And I hope you've stayed out of drugs cause you know what that leads to.  
I was actually able to stop my best friend from doing drugs...but I'm sure it was very hard to.
I wish you all the best luck in life, and you'll learn from these experiences.

~If I had a star for everytime you made me smile, I'd be holding the entire midnight sky in my hands~

Ina
since 2000-10-09
Posts 1236
Quebec, Canada
4 posted 2001-01-06 05:47 PM

this poem is a tribute and a warning. I try to remeber skinny-dipping at 5 years old, instead of all the times he came to me with bruises and cuts. never told me, he said it was for my own good. but i wanted to help and i got stabbed! please if u have a friend or anybody u love or know please help them out!get them out!
Regina

Melster
since 2000-12-09
Posts 442
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
5 posted 2001-01-06 05:53 PM

This is soo beautiful...  soo sad too...  I thought too that it was going to be a funny poem...  but it was infact the opposite...  I know your feeling about the different friends thing though...  I had a friend who was into the whole gangster thing and I was more like you...  it is hard, eventually though we knew it couldn't work out and moved on with our separate lives...  I still think about him, but I know that it is never to be...  we were too different...  Keep your friends memories with you always and never forget them...  If you need anything let me know, I am always here to help!!

Melz!!

Dont believe what ur eyes r telling u they only show limitation. Look with ur understanding, find out what u already know & u will see the way to fly

Allan Riverwood
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-01-04
Posts 3502
Winnipeg
6 posted 2001-01-06 06:16 PM

You mentioned to me that you have trouble writing about the death of your freind, but it really comes through in this piece.  You are obviously coping well with your loss, looking at memories that you have.  Don't ever stop remembering the good times.
Suga_Baby
since 2000-08-06
Posts 380
Maine, USA
7 posted 2001-01-06 06:28 PM

Wow I thought this was gonna be a silly little lighthearted deal but WOW... good work
Jenn Cirrincione
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-07-02
Posts 2107
Fl
8 posted 2001-01-06 08:52 PM

Is that what it feels like when your heart drops? Wow. I wasn't expecting this... I'm so sorry for your loss.
I agree with Isgona... total loss for words.
xoxo
Jenn

"A person can never get over a broken heart if they aren't willing to let go of all of the pieces."-- ??

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
9 posted 2001-01-06 09:11 PM

This was so sad Ina. I don't know what to say but damn. I am sorry about your friend. Now we all know the story about what happened to your friend that died. I've seen poems dedicated to a friend of your's who died, but now we know how it all happened. Sorry Regi.

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I'm in love with my shadow
I admire it daily

Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
10 posted 2001-01-07 01:21 PM

Very powerfully written piece here.  It has left me thinking about a lot of things.  Thank you for sharing this one with us!

"Disagreements stimulate thought, thought stimulates action, and action stimulates life." --Lakewalker
http://www.thehungersite.com

jeremydraul
since 2000-08-01
Posts 1118
State of Despair
11 posted 2001-01-07 03:57 PM

very nice poem, i enjoyed it a lot.
best wishes

~JDR

"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." -Oscar Wilde

Child of the Stars
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-09-07
Posts 1658
Ann Arbor, MI
12 posted 2001-01-07 05:03 PM

Regina...god I'm so sorry...

Ina
since 2000-10-09
Posts 1236
Quebec, Canada
13 posted 2001-01-07 05:56 PM

thank you all for your replies to my poem. It means alot. Me being a sk8er and all, has never helped with my friendships ppl who are gangsters. its an invisble barrier but very visible. This poem is not only dedicated to my best friend but to all my friends who are in gangs. I printed this poem out and made 60 copies and now they are all around The West Island, circulating for my friends and those who hurt my friends as a reminder.
Regina
thanks againg for all your replies.

~sugarpie313~
since 2000-09-14
Posts 375
Maine, USA
14 posted 2001-01-07 08:02 PM

i am glad that you were able to write about your saddening past. It helps to get it out and to help other people and to open up their eyes to what can happen. you did a great job and putting this down on paper. I hope your friends appreciate what you did. it's more then just printing out copies, it's the writing that is hard. good job. i'm sorry for your loss.

~*Valerie*~

*...Remember your roots, my friend they're right down below, because heroes come and heroes go...* - Creed

prettypinkrebel
since 2007-11-07
Posts 104

15 posted 2007-11-09 11:06 AM

The same thing happened to me! you never ever lose that night in your head, and all you seem to remeber is his last breath! I HATE it that your goign through this but i am to oand its nice to know three is someone out there who is on the same page!!
Good Write!
Loves,
Adreanna Leigh

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » What happens when sk8ers and gangsters go skinny dipping

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary