navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Thick Mist
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic Thick Mist Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico

0 posted 2001-01-06 12:20 PM

Thick Mist:

A mist blocks my view.
The path is unknown.
Lost in a mesh of thoughts.
Tearing my web apart.

Blood clots prevent the life.
Staggering over nightmares.
My skin is torn off continuiosly.
Lost within the mist I walk.

Reaching a wall of ends.
I must climb to reach a smile,
Yet my tools were left behind,
And oh the mist is thick!

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I'm in love with my shadow
I admire it daily

© Copyright 2001 Pepe de la Muerte - All Rights Reserved
Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
1 posted 2001-01-06 12:33 PM

hmmmm...very interesting Dopey.  To tell you the truth, I loved each line except for the end.  I feel like you cut us off on something.  I don't know, maybe it's just a feeling.  But still, wonderful post

I see no changes, wake up in the morning I ask myself, "Is life worth living or should I blast myself" TUPAC SHAKUR

Allan Riverwood
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-01-04
Posts 3502
Winnipeg
2 posted 2001-01-06 01:18 AM

A good poem, effectively shows your tortured path as you walk.
I believe that the ending is like that because the situation itself, in reality, has not ended, is that correct?

Melster
since 2000-12-09
Posts 442
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
3 posted 2001-01-06 02:54 AM

Great peom Dopey, you write with such meaning and power!!

Dont believe what ur eyes r telling u they only show limitation. Look with ur understanding, find out what u already know & u will see the way to fly

IsGona
since 2000-07-14
Posts 723

4 posted 2001-01-06 12:51 PM

I really like this one.  You are w/o a doubt talented.
I actually liked the last line.  It gives the me the sense of still being lost without any answers in sight.
Jason

"Every body has their destiny...
I'LL CHOOSE MY OWN
~Hatebreed~

Ina
since 2000-10-09
Posts 1236
Quebec, Canada
5 posted 2001-01-06 01:09 PM

it was great. real deep. a "thick mist" we all get our paths blocke, we either get through or we dont and ok sorry..im rambling..
Regina
ps Great poem Javier

Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
6 posted 2001-01-06 06:50 PM

I also liked the ending of this.  It didn't seem cut off to me when I read it, but that's just me of course.  You've reached the wall of ends but can't quite get over to finally end it.  Yeah?  Anyway, nice job.

"Disagreements stimulate thought, thought stimulates action, and action stimulates life." --Lakewalker
http://www.thehungersite.com

CareBear3
since 2000-11-20
Posts 39
New Hampshire
7 posted 2001-01-06 08:07 PM

I really enjoyed the ending, I kind of saw it like you reached a stoping point, and in order to get over the top you need your tools, but its such a long task to go back and get the tools that its questioning whether or not its worth the effort...ha maybe Im WAY off! But this was excellant I really liked it.  

"In great moments life seems neither right nor wrong but something greater it seems inevitable"

~Kelley

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
8 posted 2001-01-06 09:41 PM

Well everybody.....Acire is right, the ending did cut off and leave the reader wanting more......i hate writing in that style but i did....it was meant to be like that. Anyway.....carebear got it right......i reached the wall of ends.....the final solution to it all.....but once i got there my tools to break down the wall or climb it were left behind..and damn the mist is thick front and back.......thus.....going forward would be just as hard as going back. I'm boxed in....and trapped......no matter how I solve it, pain will ultimately win.

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I'm in love with my shadow
I admire it daily

jeremydraul
since 2000-08-01
Posts 1118
State of Despair
9 posted 2001-01-07 03:40 PM

another lovely poem dopey
i liked the scenic pictures I get when I read this...
best wishes

~JDR

"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." -Oscar Wilde

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Thick Mist

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary