navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Returning
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic Returning Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Will DeVore
since 2001-01-01
Posts 12
Weddington, NC, USA

0 posted 2001-01-02 09:37 PM

Coming back is often hard to do
When someone loses track
They wander in circles
But rarely reach their beginning

An awful lot of willpower is required
For one to actually go back
It's embarrassing to return to a past
That was left behind so long ago

What does one do once they arrive
To the place whence they came
Do they turn back the earmarked pages of their life
Or do they open up a new chapter

~1/2/01~
-=Will=-

© Copyright 2001 Will DeVore - All Rights Reserved
jeremydraul
since 2000-08-01
Posts 1118
State of Despair
1 posted 2001-01-02 09:40 PM

good ideas
....i often wonder the same thing
if this is about you, i hope you find what youre looking for
best wishes

~JDR

"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." -Oscar Wilde

Ina
since 2000-10-09
Posts 1236
Quebec, Canada
2 posted 2001-01-02 09:44 PM

goign around in a circle really is a pain. i totally agree with Jeremy.
Regina

Virgil
since 2000-12-29
Posts 43
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
3 posted 2001-01-02 09:47 PM

I know just what your poem's talking about...it's a pain in the butt to go back, I would rather just not do it. Anyway, good job!

"By other ways, by other ferries, not here, shalt thou pass over: a lighter boat must carry thee."

"I AM CANADIAN!!"

Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
4 posted 2001-01-02 09:58 PM

A very thought-provoking concept Will ... very nicely composed, much enjoyed!  

Best wishes,
/Kit

Skyfire
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-12-27
Posts 3381
Riding
5 posted 2001-01-03 12:32 PM

Impressive. I'm very impressed. Very.   You've got talent... keep it coming, eh?

~*Rhonda

"I am Canadian" - Joe
If you set limitations upon yourself, it's no wonder you fall short of your dreams - Rhonda J. Adolph

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
6 posted 2001-01-03 12:40 PM

This was nice. The question at the end  is something you'll have to answer on yer own. You'll know what to do!

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I'm in love with my shadow
I admire it daily

Will DeVore
since 2001-01-01
Posts 12
Weddington, NC, USA
7 posted 2001-01-03 04:06 PM

I expected a response somewhat like that.  To answer the responses, this post is not in fact about me.  Just an idea that passed through my head.  And I have to agree with Dopey_Dope.  The question is one that must be answered in private.  That's why I didn't provide one.
Melster
since 2000-12-09
Posts 442
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
8 posted 2001-01-03 04:22 PM

I always tell my friends to go forwoards...  not necessasarliy open a new chapter, but to go forwards...  we can't change the past, only the future...  starting afresh is hard but sometimes it is the best thing to do!!  Good writing and great post, looking forward to more!!

Dont believe what ur eyes r telling u they only show limitation. Look with ur understanding, find out what u already know & u will see the way to fly

Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
9 posted 2001-01-04 11:46 AM

Great poem here, it has gotten some really good responses.  I also think, well I know, that Dopey is right (when isn't he ) and melz has some great thoughts.  They all stole my ideas and posted them before I could!!!  It's not fair!   Ok, anyway, nice job on the poem.

"Disagreements stimulate thought, thought stimulates action, and action stimulates life." --Lakewalker
http://www.thehungersite.com

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
10 posted 2001-01-05 06:06 PM

wonderful ideas!!! just remember, looking to the past actually is what helps us move to the future.  We learn from our past  

I see no changes, wake up in the morning I ask myself, "Is life worth living or should I blast myself" TUPAC SHAKUR

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Returning

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary