navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Can't Make You Love Me (please read!)
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic Can't Make You Love Me (please read!) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
sweetstuff101
since 2000-07-27
Posts 375
OK, USA

0 posted 2000-12-30 02:07 PM

Personally i don't think this poem is all that good....but I tried!!

Can't Make You Love Me

Look into my eyes
Tell me what you see
Do you see all the things
You were looking for in me?

Hold me close
I don't want to go
Will you stay with me?
I have to know

Wipe away my tears
As I begin to cry
Because the world has treated me wrong
Life seems like a lie

Whisper those sweet words
Gently in my ear
It's your sweet voice
I always love to hear

And when the time comes
Will you set me free?
I promise to come back
Because we were meant to be

I love you
This I can't deny
But I can't make you love me
No matter how hard I try
< !signature-->

~*~GoOd fRiEnDz ArE hArD 2 FiNd, HaRdEr 2 LeAvE, & iMpOsSiBlE 2 fOrGeT~*~tHe HaRdEsT tHiNg tO Do iS wAtCh tHe 1 U LuV, lUv sUm1 eLsE~*~

[This message has been edited by sweetstuff101 (edited 12-30-2000).]

© Copyright 2000 Priscilla - All Rights Reserved
Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
1 posted 2000-12-30 02:30 PM

The poem is sad and sure you can't make him love you.......but you can try. Win him over.....show him your stuff.
I used to like this girl for 3yrs.....she had boyfriends and well......i wrote poetry. I liked girls but was the biggest prude kid you'd ever met. Shy as hell......anyway.....i set my eyes only upon her and after a while i was like "im going for it"......and i did.......i told her i liked her and she said "oh i USED to like you".........that would crush somebody but it gave me this positive attitude.....like if she did like me i could win her over again. And you know what? If she said "well i dont like you".........i woulda thought...."you will soon"......Look it's all in the attitude.......think you can do it, and you just might........be positive...and go get him. There is no time to waste.......because time does not wait for anybody.

As W.H. Auden said....
"O let not time deceive you.
You cannot conquer time."

So get out there and work it!

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I hate your socks. I'd like to burn them!

Dark Enchantress
since 1999-07-27
Posts 1258
meet Morgana
2 posted 2000-12-30 02:38 PM

I agree with Dopey...it's all in the attitude. You can do it if you believe in yourself. This poem actually opened my eyes a bit about my own personal situation. And for that....you have my thanks.   This was a good poem...you displayed your emotions well. Good luck!

Angel

I am no one if not myself.

~*SeLf PrOcLaImEd FrEaK oF nAtUrE*~

DreamerGrl27
since 2000-10-29
Posts 142

3 posted 2000-12-30 02:57 PM

I agree with everyone...you can't make someone love you, but you can try. I think it is about your attitude also. Try thinking positive and don't be afraid to tell someone how you feel, because they might feel the same way as you.  You never know how another person feels about you until they tell you. I hope everything works out okay. I really loved the poem, it flowed really well and everything fit together perfectly.
Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
4 posted 2000-12-30 03:20 PM

This is very sad....but don't let anything get in your way to getting what you want.  Just know when the right time is to let it go.  You are so young still, you still hvae so much more to come in the future.  College specially    Stop writing such sad poems, you're making me teary eyed

I see no changes, wake up in the morning I ask myself, "Is life worth living or should I blast myself" TUPAC SHAKUR

sweetypie5
since 2000-10-06
Posts 97
MWC,OK,USA
5 posted 2000-12-30 04:39 PM

Hey gurlie I know what you are going through! And even though you like him a lot he really doesn't deserve a great gurl like you! But if you really don't believe me and still want him...go after him! You can eventually win him over! Believe me...I am telling the truth!!! Hehe!! TTYL.....call me!
Skyfire
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-12-27
Posts 3381
Riding
6 posted 2000-12-30 07:48 PM

Well, if you don't consider this good, I'd love to see some of the stuff you think IS good! This is awesome! I just don't know what to say (once again... )!

Don't stop writing!!  

~*Skyfire

*~Always Canadian*~
~*~I used to be an idiot, but I'm all right now~*~

Ina
since 2000-10-09
Posts 1236
Quebec, Canada
7 posted 2000-12-30 09:10 PM

well there is one way you can make him love you.......lol....dont ever do that! i agree with everyone else its all in the attidude.
this was good,btw
Regina

those who love us,will always love us.those who hate us,may g-d turn their hearts,if he cant may he turn their ankles so we can see them by their limp

branden726
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-09-25
Posts 607
Bay City, MI
8 posted 2000-12-30 10:00 PM

well im after ina in like every one but all well anyways great poem and its sad but dont ever try to win someone try to make them want u and if they dont then guess what it wouldve never worked.

"i just love when you bring your whole crew because its just a bigger piece of cake for me to chew threw"

sweetstuff101
since 2000-07-27
Posts 375
OK, USA
9 posted 2000-12-31 12:37 PM

Thanx for the advice dopey!! I really appreciate you all replying to my poem. You guys are just toooo nice!!

Luv Always,  
   Priscilla

PS~ Sweetypie...thats what I have been trying to tell myself...but it just doesn't phase me....

Skyfire~ I don't really think much of my work is good at all. But if I had to pick a favorite...it would probably be...hhhmm....Someone Else's Life....actually I do think that poem is good.

< !signature-->

~*~GoOd fRiEnDz ArE hArD 2 FiNd, HaRdEr 2 LeAvE, & iMpOsSiBlE 2 fOrGeT~*~tHe HaRdEsT tHiNg tO Do iS wAtCh tHe 1 U LuV, lUv sUm1 eLsE~*~

[This message has been edited by sweetstuff101 (edited 12-31-2000).]

xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs
10 posted 2000-12-31 12:41 PM

yea life sux in this way...you cant make someone love you...they kinda gotta do it themselfes and i know exactly what your going through cuz im kinda goin through the same thing now...i hope everything works out the way you want it to. Good poem  
Jenn Cirrincione
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-07-02
Posts 2107
Fl
11 posted 2000-12-31 09:16 AM

This poem was very good! I agree with Dopey, however easier said than done.  
by the way Dopey, what ever happened with the girl after that? Did you get the hook up??   hehehe
xoxo
Jenn

"A person can never get over a broken heart if they aren't willing to let go of all of the pieces."-- ??

Melster
since 2000-12-09
Posts 442
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
12 posted 2001-01-01 04:18 AM

That is absolutley gorgeous...  I LOVE it!!  GREAT work!!

Melz!!

Dont believe what ur eyes r telling u they only show limitation. Look with ur understanding, find out what u already know & u will see the way to fly

Isabelle
since 1999-08-25
Posts 176
Indiana
13 posted 2001-01-01 12:29 PM

This was beautiful. Good work. Keep it up.

Jeanna

"Poetry is the music of the souls, and above all, of great and feeling souls."
~Voltaire~

Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
14 posted 2001-01-03 02:18 PM

You can't make someone love you, you can only make yourself someone that can be loved.  Great job on the poem, I think it's relly good

"Disagreements stimulate thought, thought stimulates action, and action stimulates life." --Lakewalker
http://www.thehungersite.com

Suga_Baby
since 2000-08-06
Posts 380
Maine, USA
15 posted 2001-01-07 12:42 PM

This poem rocks my WORLD!! Great work  
IsGona
since 2000-07-14
Posts 723

16 posted 2001-01-07 01:37 AM

Sorry it took me so long to reply... I mean you posted this one way back in 2000.  
So ignore my tardyness, this was a good poem.  LakeWalker said exactly what I wanted to say  
Jason

"Every body has their destiny...
I'LL CHOOSE MY OWN
~Hatebreed~

sweetstuff101
since 2000-07-27
Posts 375
OK, USA
17 posted 2001-01-08 04:14 PM

Hey sorry you guys I have been a little busy w/ making up school lately but I'm back now! Thanx for replying to my poem, you guys are awesome!!

Much luv,
  ~*~Priscilla~*~

PS~ it's ok Isgona!!!

How come it is so easy for a person to say "I hate you" and mean it, but it is so difficult for someone to say "I love you" and really mean it????

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Can't Make You Love Me (please read!)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary