navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » A Disappointment
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic A Disappointment Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Chel
since 2000-07-01
Posts 511
Baltimore, MD, USA

0 posted 2000-07-02 09:30 PM

A Disappointment

Yesterday I was a disappointment
Yesterday I saw love
Today I see disappointment
What have I done?
I look into your eyes
I see hate
I have disappointed you
I don't know why
Why am I so stupid?
A disappointment
I did wrong, but why?
I am not what you wanted
Useless for a human
Why did I do wrong?
Why am I never right?
Always a disappointment
Never what you wanted
Why am I here?
I should just die
This is the last time I will be
A disappointment

"True friends stab you in the front"

© Copyright 2000 Michelle Y. Plocinik - All Rights Reserved
Isabel Galaxia
since 2000-06-18
Posts 733

1 posted 2000-07-02 09:41 PM

Chel- That was a good poem, but you put yourself down so much!!  I really hope you weren't writing this about yourself, because you shouldn't be so mean to yourself.  I know I'm not one to talk.  Incase you did write this about yourself, I'm SURE you're not usless, dissappointing, stupid, or even wrong, and you SHOULDN'T die!!!!!  You're a great writer, so keep up the writing, and keep your chin up-
Bel

StarPryncess17
since 2000-05-31
Posts 932
Colorado
2 posted 2000-07-02 10:25 PM

Girl, you are NOT a disappointment! Please don't ever feel that way!! You were given life for a reason and for that reason, you shall not be a disappointment! The Heavenly Father doesn't make disappointments in creation. Please just keep your head up, I'm sure whatever this thing is that is bothering you so bad will pass with time! Love Always~*~Jessica~*~

~*~Love is the product of our dicontentment with ourselves~*~
~*~SMILE! It makes your butt shine!~*~

Jeremy Halstead
since 2000-06-01
Posts 569
Morris, Ill. U.S.A
3 posted 2000-07-02 10:34 PM

Well, so far, you've been nothin but a friend to me and that isn't exactly my idea of dissapointing.  Whoever you feel as though you've dissapointed expects way too much..  I just pray that you can truly realize that...I know it's hard.

Jeremy

"Time is the matter, and in a matter of that all wounds will heal and all scars shall fade."

Jeremiah Johnson
since 2000-06-08
Posts 1223
Brooksville, Fl, U.S
4 posted 2000-07-03 12:50 PM

your far from being what you say. and you express the true you here in every poem you write i love. so do please keep it up so i have something to read.

I'm a dying romantic and when i can no longer write i can no longer live -Jeremiah Johnson-

Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
5 posted 2000-07-03 01:43 AM

just like jessica said god doesnt make us disappointments...even if you do disappoint yourself we all do...we all make mistakes and those are the consequences of life...hey we may not like it but we got to play by the rules...and killing yourself isnt worth it...just remember god loves you and so do alot of other people...

~IF YOU WANT SOMETHING VERY BADLY~SET IT FREE~IF IT COMES BACK TO YOU~ITS YOURS FOREVER~IF IT DOESNT IT WAS NEVER YOURS TO BEGIN WITH~

Chel
since 2000-07-01
Posts 511
Baltimore, MD, USA
6 posted 2000-07-03 08:07 AM

hey guys, I want to thank you all for reading my poems.  This one wasn't personal to me.  I am very gracious to have friends like you to care about me.  I hope that you all realize that I would never do something like that.  I have so much to live for.  Take care.
Luv always,
Chel

"True friends stab you in the front"

Jose Marti
since 2000-07-01
Posts 374
washing DC
7 posted 2000-07-04 12:16 PM

Chel you are not a dissapiontment. If anybody would have you believe otherwise, it's because the trully hate you and seek to destroy you. Stay strong

max

LyricFetish
since 2000-01-13
Posts 528
North Carolina
8 posted 2000-07-04 01:13 PM

I'm going to join the crowd in saying you are anything but a disappointment, I truly admire fellow(ess) writers and consider them 'kindred spirits' of mine. Your poem was wonderful, full of passion and feeling. I commend you.

*~Meredith~*

I am none but the angel
Who sings you to sleep
As you pray to God
Your soul to keep
*Me

Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
9 posted 2000-07-04 01:33 PM

Oh dear Chel ... I'm so glad you said this wasn't personally about you.  You've got such great talent from what I've seen here already, and you've clearly been able to express your thoughts well in this verse. Very emotional and heart-wrenching Chel.

Best wishes,
/Kit

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
10 posted 2000-07-04 03:38 PM

As long as you think you've done the right thing or the best you could do, that's all that matters.  Other peoples opinions should be second hand.
Artic Wind
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 8080
Realm of Supernatural
11 posted 2007-12-01 08:02 PM

Enjoyed

ARCTIC WIND

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » A Disappointment

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary