navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » I Tell Myself
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic I Tell Myself Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Tears of Glass
since 2000-12-04
Posts 182
Physically? VA.... Mentally? I'm not quite sure

0 posted 2000-12-26 04:39 PM

Here's another one for you guys... Tell me what you think...

I Tell Myself

I tell myself the love is gone,
But in the same breath a little voice
Whispers, 'It's still there.'

I tell myself I don't miss you,
But everyday, everywhere, I lood for you.

I tell myself it wasn't meant to be,
But in remembering how good it was,
I find that very difficult to believe.

I tell myself the love will come again,
Yet at the same time, I wonder
Whom you will be loving then.

I tell myself it's over,
But my heart refuses to accept that.

I tell myself that no one
Is worth this much pain,
But then no one had ever given me
So much love and happiness.

I tell myself that life isn't so bad without you,
Even as I wish you were
In my life again.

*Jennifer

I'll explain why I wrote this poem.  I was in a realtionship for 2 and a half years and it ended not too long ago.  He was my confidante, and my best friend.  It hasnt been easy...

© Copyright 2000 Jennifer M. - All Rights Reserved
keoni
since 2000-10-16
Posts 850
Up in the mountains in the NFC
1 posted 2000-12-26 04:47 PM

I'm sorry your relationship ended. I hate this feeling. I have learned to live with it and get over it in time. It's a hard thing to do.                                
                                          Jon

SwEeTnSeXy18
since 2000-09-18
Posts 247
nc
2 posted 2000-12-26 10:56 PM

Tears of Glass:

Great poem. I liked how you said how you felt and wanted to feel together. This is a tough situation to be in. In time your heart will heal or mabye you will find this person later on down the path and you will reunite. You never know what the future holds, trust me I learned that the hard way! Take care.

~Lisa~

~in order to gain, you have to lose~

kimmy
since 2000-07-31
Posts 98

3 posted 2000-12-27 02:59 AM

this is exactly what i am going through right now...i understand how hard it is..over time..it wil hopefully get better...just keep looking for the better things to come..good poem..
TrueLUV
since 2000-07-19
Posts 158
Connecticut, U.S.A.
4 posted 2000-12-27 09:58 AM

Iam sorry to hear what you are going through, and I only pray that it will get better... the poem is very beautiful I felt the feeling with every line I read

Keep it up

Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
5 posted 2000-12-27 03:28 PM

I think this is a good poem and I hope you make it through these hard times looking forward to the good ones.

"Disagreements stimulate thought, thought stimulates action, and action stimulates life." --Lakewalker
http://www.thehungersite.com

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
6 posted 2000-12-28 10:04 AM

you know it's never easy to lose someone tha close to you.  Denial is defenitely a part of it too.  You tell yourself this, but at the same time you really feel the opposite.  Good luck and i hope things change for the better for ya  

I see no changes, wake up in the morning I ask myself, "Is life worth living or should I blast myself" TUPAC SHAKUR

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
7 posted 2000-12-29 04:10 PM

This was good........i liked it but you know ive been through that......same time too.....2 and a half years........only diff. is that we're kinda on and off and that sucks for me........anyway good luck with stuff.

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I hate your socks. I'd like to burn them!

DreamerGrl27
since 2000-10-29
Posts 142

8 posted 2000-12-29 09:04 PM

Your poem was amazing, but I'm sorry you had to write it and that it's true. All I can say is that it's not easy but you just have to keep trying, and you can't force yourself to get over someone or stop loving them, because that is controlled by your heart and you cant do anything about that.  It takes a long time, and you'll probably never forget them or even stop loving them but eventually you'll move on.  I really hope everything works out okay.  
Skyfire
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-12-27
Posts 3381
Riding
9 posted 2000-12-29 09:33 PM

Sweetie, that poem is soo good! I know it's hard when you just get out of a long relationship... just don't keep your feelings inside. Write them out... You'll get through this, I promise you

~*Skyfire

*~Always Canadian*~
~*~I used to be an idiot, but I'm all right now~*~

Neokrew
since 2000-12-24
Posts 60
VA
10 posted 2000-12-29 10:39 PM

Hey,
Nice poem blah blah I just said everything they said   Keep posting and writting (BTW you know why I want to know on tuesday  

-- Neo

Melster
since 2000-12-09
Posts 442
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
11 posted 2000-12-29 11:56 PM

Great work, a wonderful peice showing the hardships of letting go of something so dear and close to you...  

Melz!!

Dont believe what ur eyes r telling u they only show limitation. Look with ur understanding, find out what u already know & u will see the way to fly

jeremydraul
since 2000-08-01
Posts 1118
State of Despair
12 posted 2000-12-30 12:22 PM

good work but hold the tears!

~JDR

"A writer doesn't acquire a vacancy of mind, but rather a inadequacy of words." - Jeremy D. Raulinaitis

Silver Butterfly
since 2001-03-13
Posts 42
Between here and the end
13 posted 2001-03-13 09:33 AM

That was beautiful. I could feel the struggle in it. I really liked the line "yet at the same time I wonder, whom you will be loving then". That is the most powerful phrase in the poem. Awesome job. Ciao

Linc
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-03-07
Posts 552
The Backstreet Boy
14 posted 2001-04-06 07:51 AM

Hey,

This is a great poem   loved it

-- Linc

"Once you reach your original goal it seems that the journey was your real accomplishment."

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » I Tell Myself

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary