navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Wong Again Mr. Spider
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic Wong Again Mr. Spider Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico

0 posted 2000-11-26 01:10 AM

Wrong Again Mr. Spider:

Laying here weaving a mesh of webs.
Living the spider's life.
Consuming up time.
Killing all I see for food,
And weak enough to be
Brushed away by a human hand.

Falling to the ground
With a sense of amazement.
Lower and lower.
Faster and faster,
And suddenly when I hit
The bottom soil, I smile.

Nothing can get worse!
I'm safe to go on with more webs!
I take one octa-step,
And suddenly a shadow from
Above crushes my body.
I was wrong, it did get worse. Bloody shoe!

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I hate your socks. I'd like to burn them!

© Copyright 2000 Pepe de la Muerte - All Rights Reserved
BaByGuRL
since 2000-11-25
Posts 13

1 posted 2000-11-26 01:37 AM

haha...dopey, that is quite creative...it gave me a good laugh...keep writing you are very talented
Kandi
since 2000-06-14
Posts 354
North of Hell
2 posted 2000-11-26 01:39 AM

Hey there

I dunno if this had some kind of deep hidden meaning to you, so I hope it doesnt offend you when i say that I just totally cracked up laughin when I finished this one. I'll go back and read it again to look for a meaning though. But I loved it, and I needed a laugh so I thank you  

By the way, I'm still mad that you welcomed my sister to passions before I did...darn you
(just joking)

Lots 'o' Lovin'
Kris

~*Things you see the way you see them will never be seen again*~

~Won't you come and hold my hand?
This world has taken me as far as it can...
w

Ina
since 2000-10-09
Posts 1236
Quebec, Canada
3 posted 2000-11-26 07:54 PM

o yeah!this was great. im not suprised though. By the way. have you got a new fetish w/ bugs?jk. welll it was great. i loved
"bloody shoe"
today you have made my day w/ all the new poems ive read from u....hope to see more..soon
Regina
aka Ina

branden726
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-09-25
Posts 607
Bay City, MI
4 posted 2000-11-26 09:22 PM

Hey dopey? New subject i see? this is the first one that ive really seen that hasnt had something to do with love or love lost or death ya know its GREAT!! i like it.

"i just love when you bring your whole crew because its just a bigger piece of cake for me to chew threw"

Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
5 posted 2000-11-27 03:42 PM

I took this poem in two ways.  First, the literal way, a spider being killed, which I found funny in my own twisted little way   The second was a deeper look with symbolism and all of that great stuff.  Thinking life's fine than suddenly a tragedy when you least expect it.  I'm not quite sure the way you meant for us to take this one, but either way, this is great!

"Disagreements stimulate thought, thought stimulates action, and action stimulates life." --Lakewalker
http://www.thehungersite.com

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
6 posted 2000-11-27 09:36 PM

Lake, I am in love with you!
I am so glad you took the time to read this a bit deeper than the rest. I wasn't annoyed at the fact that people thought it was amusing because i guess it kinda was hehe. But anyway you got it completely right.
The spider usually for me symbolizes darkness and the opposite of happiness. Although it's the contradiction of light and good......it wants to be happy. I mean who'd wanna be sad? hehe..
The web symbolizes life and the hard work we all do to achieve our goals and bla....but it's flimsy....weak....and it was brushed away by a human hand.
Then he falls and falls and thinks he's gonna die but doesn't....and WOAH! He's happy! He's thinkin nothing can go wrong...the worst has hit....he's at rock bottom......so he gets up...brushes the dust off and the only way he can go is UP UP UP!
But wait.....nope nope....the shoe crushes him and he dies......it did get worse.

thanks for reading deeper!

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I hate your socks. I'd like to burn them!

LoveBug
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Elite
since 2000-01-08
Posts 4697

7 posted 2000-11-27 09:54 PM

Great symbolism, my friend. I always look forward to your pieces and their little hidden meanings. I especally like how this one is structured. Thanks for posting!

"Where there is great love there are always miracles" -Cather
"Love heals everything, and love is all there is"- Zukav

IsGona
since 2000-07-14
Posts 723

8 posted 2000-11-28 12:54 PM

Dopey Dope is da man.  This was awsome.  When I read your title I knew that I was going to laugh reading it.  Which I did but as I read it I could see me in the spiders shoes. (DOH spiders don't have shoes).  Anyways it was great.  I would have never caught though the whole web being our life and all that we worked for though.  I'm glad you exlplained that  
IsGona

"Every body has their destiny...
I'LL CHOOSE MY OWN
~Hatebreed~

Child of the Stars
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-09-07
Posts 1658
Ann Arbor, MI
9 posted 2000-11-28 07:06 PM

UhhHHHhhhHHh the feverish delirium is taking over........I didn't get the meaning at first (blame it on the flu) but once I read it again and again I think I really got it. Great job, and sowwy I didn't see this sooner!! Ciao!

~Carly

Home is where the heart goes when it needs a band-aid.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Wong Again Mr. Spider

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary