navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » It Kills Me
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic It Kills Me Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Tamma
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-01-17
Posts 794
In His Arms, Harpers Ferry, WV

0 posted 2000-06-30 11:53 AM

I look at him and nearly cry,
He reminds me of my past.

Nobody can even tell,
It’s killing me inside.

No one can read my thoughts,
They can't read my eyes.

I'm holding my feelings in,
I just have to hide them.

When I see him,
I think of another.

I'm not good with words,
So I never told him.

I held in so much for so long,
I have to write it all down.

(if ya ever wanna chat, you can IM me on AOL: sexikitticat -or- Poetic Bliss 82)

© Copyright 2000 Tamma M. Wilson - All Rights Reserved
Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
1 posted 2000-06-30 01:55 PM

well tamma i know how you feel...i went through this...was with my friend then we stopped talking...and when i seen him it was like i had so much  to say...but never got the chance to tell him how i still felt...

~IF YOU WANT SOMETHING VERY BADLY~SET IT FREE~IF IT COMES BACK TO YOU~ITS YOURS FOREVER~IF IT DOESNT IT WAS NEVER YOURS TO BEGIN WITH~

Jeremiah Johnson
since 2000-06-08
Posts 1223
Brooksville, Fl, U.S
2 posted 2000-07-01 01:59 AM

theres always something inside us that kind of kills us until we kill it. wonderfuly put here. and i see you killed it by writing it down. always love to read you keep it up.

I'm a dying romantic and when i can no longer write i can no longer live -Jeremiah Johnson-

Ethan Halo
since 2000-04-28
Posts 793
on the roof again
3 posted 2000-07-01 02:10 AM

the past, well... she never really lets go. and it's not usually the most pleasant of grips either. and you're very right. writing it down, strangely enough, helps SO much. i have found that writing is now my fav way to vent. and it produces great, raw pieces of poetry, like this one. thanks for sharing. and good for you for lettin it out.

We all got our demons.
We all got somethin' to atone for.

Jeremy Halstead
since 2000-06-01
Posts 569
Morris, Ill. U.S.A
4 posted 2000-07-01 05:05 AM

Again, we share similar themes.  I have a poem floating around somewhere in the back pages called Internal Steampipe and one called Silence...check um out...who knows, maybe they're as good as yers.  You have an admirable honesty and clearness in your writing...I like it bunch loads.

Jeremy

"Time is the matter, and in a matter of that all wounds will heal and all scars shall fade."

StarPryncess17
since 2000-05-31
Posts 932
Colorado
5 posted 2000-07-02 11:44 AM

This is a very nice poem! I think your words convey your point very well. And I think that all of us write more than we tend to say just because it is easier. Keep it up! Love Always~*~Jessica~*~

~*~Love is the product of our dicontentment with ourselves~*~
~*~SMILE! It makes your butt shine!~*~

Danny Holloway
Member Elite
since 2000-01-15
Posts 2034
Tulsa, OK
6 posted 2000-07-06 10:22 AM

Tamma, we all hide feelings of one kind or another.  Maybe it helps keep some parts of our life in balance.
~~good writing, and nice picture~~

A life isn't significant except for its impact on other lives.

Artic Wind
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 8080
Realm of Supernatural
7 posted 2007-12-01 10:30 PM

Enjoyed

ARCTIC WIND

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » It Kills Me

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary