navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » A vapor
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic A vapor Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
niceguy
since 2000-11-13
Posts 113
Sapello, NM, USA

0 posted 2000-11-16 09:30 PM

A week ago Sunday, I lost a friend who I wasn't "that" close to but close enough to mourn her death. Here is the first of two poems that I wrote concerning my feelings at the time.

A vapor

I see now how brief life is.
How can this be...how can she be done?
Someone so full of life, alive.

I see noe how easily we take life for granted.
Why did this happen...why did she die?
She was here, now she's gone.

I see now how precious life is.
If this can happen to her...what stops it from heppening to me?
Life is nothing more than a breath, a vapor.

"Don't take love for granted...once it's gone, it hurts."

© Copyright 2000 John - All Rights Reserved
Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
1 posted 2000-11-16 10:29 PM

It's kind of sad that somebody close to us, or somebody we know has to die to remind us just how prescious life truly is. I hope all is well and things run along fine. Great expression in this one!

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I hate your socks. I'd like to burn them!

Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
2 posted 2000-11-17 11:20 AM

I really like this poem, the style of it is good.  Losing a friend is sad, even if you are not extremely close.  Good job expressing "how easily we take life for granted."

"Disagreements stimulate thought, thought stimulates action, and action stimulates life." --Me!!

http://www.thehungersite.com

niceguy
since 2000-11-13
Posts 113
Sapello, NM, USA
3 posted 2000-11-17 11:23 AM

Hey, I didn't think this poem was all that great and I didn't really like the way that I put it together. But since I can't really start writing with a chosen setup in mind, I just start writing and see how it turns up.
Sometimes it's just questions, and other times it's like this. Thanx a lot and glad you liked it. Laterz.

"Don't take love for granted...once it's gone, it hurts."

xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs
4 posted 2000-11-19 05:04 PM

You make a very important point in this poem..you basically state that you can never predict the future so dont take life and all of its other things it offers you for granted. I am really sorry to hear about your friend..
kaile
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Ascendant
since 2000-02-06
Posts 5146
singapore
5 posted 2000-11-20 11:27 AM

Hi niceguy,

I live in singapore and recently, a plane belonging to Singapore Airlines crashed at Taiwan....the whole country was thrown into shock and turmoil..how could such a terrible disaster happen to us?

i guess it often takes the death of someone we know to make us realise that we are vulnerable and not as mighty as we will like to be...

you may not like your poem but i sure did enjoy your sentiments

thanx for the read

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » A vapor

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary