navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Through Your Eyes
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic Through Your Eyes Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
DancinQueen
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-07-29
Posts 1092
Kokomo,IN,USA

0 posted 2000-11-15 03:25 PM

**Through Your Eyes**

Looking into your eyes,
I would get lost in you.
Nothing else mattered,
you've proven dreams do come true.

Through your eyes,
I could reach the depths of your heart.
I could see a love,
from which I'd never part.

You were the only real thing in my life,
you completed my soul.
Without you, I was nothing,
my life so boring and dull.

I thank the Lord,
for giving you eyes.
Through them I can see the truth,
but also the lies.

I'll never forget the day,
you made my heart dispurse.
I looked into your eyes,
and didnt see my reflection, but her's.

**Whhew..NOTE: to all those who worry about me (acire,erin,jess,ect..) im NOT going thro this and i'll be sure to let you know when i write if i am AND i know that dispurse really doesnt work there, but i wrote this in english class and i couldnt think of a word and someone told me it meant to break apart...and i didnt want to change it...so sorry it doesnt make sense!   happy reading..

"A true friend can see the truth and pain in your eyes, even when you're fooling everyone else"

© Copyright 2000 Kiley - All Rights Reserved
LoveBug
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Elite
since 2000-01-08
Posts 4697

1 posted 2000-11-15 03:33 PM

This is such a sad poem. I love how it changes tones... at first, you think it's going to be about a perfect love, and then everything changes. It's exactly how it seems to the person that it happens to, it isn't expected. I'm glad that this doesn't apply to you! Keep up the great work!

False gems may shine as brightly as the genuine article, but there are always those who can tell the difference.

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
2 posted 2000-11-15 03:53 PM

This was a very sad poem. It didn't quite end the way I was thinking it would but the effect it gives off at the end is very good.

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

I hate your socks. I'd like to burn them!

DancinQueen
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-07-29
Posts 1092
Kokomo,IN,USA
3 posted 2000-11-15 09:42 PM

LoveBug~> thank you This is one of my favs..and only 2 replies  

dopey~~>thanks,too. i like the ending..im gettin into this twist at the end thing  

~!*DQ*!~

"A true friend can see the truth and pain in your eyes, even when you're fooling everyone else"

Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
4 posted 2000-11-16 01:13 AM

My dear DQ~
For a minute there you had me worried...That is until I read the info you gave...Well I am very happy to hear this isnt happening to you...But unfortunately it does happen...Good work on your poem too!!!And the word doesnt really sound too bad...It actually fits perfect!!!
< !signature-->

~*Love is sometimes like a rose. Beautiful in the beginning but dies in the end.*~

[This message has been edited by ERIN (edited 11-16-2000).]

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
5 posted 2000-11-16 11:23 AM

Hey sweets --- guess what?  I actually wanted to write a piece about my reflection in someone's eyes.  But you did it already, and I'm loving it.  I guess that idea is taken already.  I've always had this thing about seeing myself in someone's eyes.  Cause that means that you're right infront of her, close enough to see it...you know what i mean.  

so, when u gonna be on again

I see no changes, wake up in the morning I ask myself, "Is life worth living or should I blast myself" TUPAC SHAKUR

curlygurly
since 2000-09-12
Posts 276
USA
6 posted 2000-11-16 03:37 PM

This was so sad, but i'm glad that you aren't really going through it. i hope that you and every other girl out there doesn't have to. great poem!  
Curly

"So many tears i've cried, so much pain inside"
-Lenny Kravitz

DancinQueen
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-07-29
Posts 1092
Kokomo,IN,USA
7 posted 2000-11-16 05:19 PM

ERIN~~> hey girlie! glad you liked it!   i *guess* it sounds good, but my mom said it really meant to hand out..

acire~~>hey! hmm i have a bad feeling that you IMed me earlier today and my computer was bein a POS and i couldnt IM anyone back and it took me forever to fix it. so sorry if you did! but i'll catch you sometime   promise

Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
8 posted 2000-11-16 09:20 PM

That would be bad if you were having to go through this, so it's good that you're not.  Good job writing about it though, and I like the twists at the end, keep writing them  < !signature-->

"Disagreements stimulate thought, thought stimulates action, and action stimulates life." --Me!!

http://www.thehungersite.com

[This message has been edited by Lakewalker (edited 11-16-2000).]

DancinQueen
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-07-29
Posts 1092
Kokomo,IN,USA
9 posted 2000-11-16 11:03 PM

Lakewalker~ hey   Im likin the twists at the end too glad you like it!

~!*DQ*!~

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
10 posted 2000-11-17 04:53 PM

just wanted to say hi  

I see no changes, wake up in the morning I ask myself, "Is life worth living or should I blast myself" TUPAC SHAKUR

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Through Your Eyes

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary