navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » My living is a dream
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic My living is a dream Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
TearsOfPearls
since 1999-09-23
Posts 322
Vereeniging, South-Africa

0 posted 2000-06-28 04:25 PM

Dreaming
is better than living,
you deceive yourself
into believing
that life is sweet,
no evil, no lies,
no stormy nights
filled with wailing cries.
No facing the truth
no bleeding eyes,
being something
in my pretending.
Dreaming
is easier than living.

Waves...amazing hey? Wind blowing over smoothe ocean water creates shear. The longer the wind blows, and the futher the fetch, the more energy gets transferred from the wind to the water. What started off as a breeze 1 000km away, ends up as a glass-faced barrel at some far off beach.

© Copyright 2000 TearsOfPearls - All Rights Reserved
~Night_Mist~
since 2000-06-24
Posts 31
Calgary, AB Canada
1 posted 2000-06-28 04:41 PM

Hello:
   I love your poem. It's very beautiful. I like your comparisions. Keep writing.  

Luv,
~Night_Mist~

Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
2 posted 2000-06-28 05:22 PM

this poem is BEAUTIFUL...dont you wish that we could live in our dreams instead of this world fill with hate and racism...but our dreams arent reality...i give you props for this poem beacause i really like it...

~IF YOU WANT SOMETHING VERY BADLY~SET IT FREE~IF IT COMES BACK TO YOU~ITS YOURS FOREVER~IF IT DOESNT IT WAS NEVER YOURS TO BEGIN WITH~

Jeremiah Johnson
since 2000-06-08
Posts 1223
Brooksville, Fl, U.S
3 posted 2000-06-29 12:37 PM

great poem. but see i've been dead to the world for so long i no longer live here i live in my own reality. one that i created inside my head.
P.S sorry if i seem a bit insane beside the fact that i am its because i'm moving in like ten days and have to start all over last year of highschool somewhere else and i hate the idea but i have to go.

I'm a dying romantic and when i can no longer write i can no longer live -Jeremiah Johnson-

LoveBug
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Elite
since 2000-01-08
Posts 4697

4 posted 2000-06-29 01:26 PM

Dreaming is a great escape, and it may be easier than living, but you shouldn't live within a dream. You'll miss more than you could ever imagine. Feel free to dream, but come back to reality every once in awhile.

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." -Oscar Wilde
"The robbed that smiles steals something from the thief" -Shakespea

TearsOfPearls
since 1999-09-23
Posts 322
Vereeniging, South-Africa
5 posted 2000-06-29 03:46 PM

Thanks you guys.

Yeah, I agree, it is great to dream, but sometimes it is so much easier than living in reality. So...when you live in a dream world, every now and than, reality walks up to you and slaps yout through the face and brings you crashing down, and that is why Jeremiah doesn't seem insane to me, I completely understand though our situations are totally different.

This just makes you wanna live more in a dream world.

Waves...amazing hey? Wind blowing over smoothe ocean water creates shear. The longer the wind blows, and the futher the fetch, the more energy gets transferred from the wind to the water. What started off as a breeze 1 000km away, ends up as a glass-faced barrel at some far off beach.

Lani_DarkOne
since 2000-05-28
Posts 152
UK
6 posted 2000-06-30 02:01 PM

This is GREAT. It's also very true.
I'm a dreamer, so much so that I (before) used to live in this fantasy world...like turning your back to the TRUTH....and decieving myself.
And when reality does slap you in the face it hurts like hell...that's why I'm keeping my eyes open..
"Dreaming
is easier than living"...too true...keep writing Tears Of Pearls!!

Artic Wind
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 8080
Realm of Supernatural
7 posted 2007-11-19 08:10 PM

Enjoyed

ARCTIC WIND

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » My living is a dream

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary