navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Why was it you?
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic Why was it you? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
~SwEEt_LiL_GirL~
since 2000-11-04
Posts 21

0 posted 2000-11-04 09:13 PM

I never knew it could happen
I never thought it could happen to someone I knew
But to find out that you were close to death
Really shook me up.

Knowing you weren’t wearing your set belt
Knowing you were thrown from the car
Knowing you weren’t driving and someone else was,
That almost took your life
Really scare’s me and I don’t know what to do.
Hey you guys, this is my Poem to Keith, someone read it to him on Sunday because i wont be able to get there but i wish i could!

You were standing right in front of me,
Talking to me like normal,
But just knowing you won’t be the same
And knowing you might not be there tomorrow
Makes me want to weep till there is no tomorrow

I pray to god for your life
I pray to god that he’ll watch out for you
I pray to God you’ll see another day
And I pray that this won’t be the last time I see you

Your friends are hear
They’ll never turn
Please get better and please stop hurting

We love you keith and always will
But don’t leave us now,
We still want you here.

*God now I Lay him down to sleep
I pray the Lord his soul you keep
For if he dies before he wakes
I pray the Lord his soul to take*

Lord watch over my Friend!!

© Copyright 2000 ~SwEEt_LiL_GirL~ - All Rights Reserved
Child of the Stars
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-09-07
Posts 1658
Ann Arbor, MI
1 posted 2000-11-04 09:19 PM

Hey. This was a kickin poem. And just remember, everything happens for a reason. I'll be praying for you and your friend. Stay strong

~Carly

Forever has ended, and never came too soon...

xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs
2 posted 2000-11-04 09:44 PM

Welcome to passions!! Your poem really touched me...5 people that i know got in a car accident last weekend...all my age. One died cause he went flying out of the taxi and it landed on him...and another is in critical condition cause he went flying from the car...they were in the front not wearing seat belts and the three in the back are fine. I know how you feel, i wasnt as close to them as i think you were to Keith but i understand how you feel, it's a scary thought and it really makes you focus more on the whole meaning of life. Great first post...but i'm really sorry that had to happen. You and your friend are in my prayers.
xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs
3 posted 2000-11-04 09:44 PM

sorry double post =o)

[This message has been edited by xShUgArHiGhx (edited 11-04-2000).]

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
4 posted 2000-11-05 01:47 AM

Welcome to Passions and i hope you enjoy your stay in our home of words and stuff!!!
Anyway this was a great first post. I hope everything goes well in the end and i hope that you keep posting frequently!

"I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust."

I hate your socks. I'd like to burn them!

Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
5 posted 2000-11-05 08:18 AM

Welcome to Passions Sweet Lil Girl!

We look forward to having you share your efforts with us and invite you to join the family!

The is a heart-wrenching first post. Your friend will be in my thoughts and prayers. I hope to read more of your poetry and your responses to our wonderful family of poets! (check your e-mail for a special message)

Best wishes,
/Kit

Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
6 posted 2000-11-05 12:12 PM

Wecome to Passions  
Great first post and I hope everything ends up fine.  This poem is really good, I'll be looking for more  
< !signature-->

"Disagreements stimulate thought, thought stimulates action, and action stimulates life." --Me!!

[This message has been edited by Lakewalker (edited 11-05-2000).]

Isabel Galaxia
since 2000-06-18
Posts 733

7 posted 2000-11-05 12:15 PM

This is so sad!  I really hope your friend is okay...geez this is so sad.  It's a great first post...please let us know how he is...good luck, keep writing
Bel

~SwEEt_LiL_GirL~
since 2000-11-04
Posts 21

8 posted 2000-11-05 12:46 PM

Child of State,
Thank you for keeping my friend and me in your prayer's i thank you.

xShUgArHiGhx,
Thank you for Welcoming me, and i'm extremely sorry for what has happen with your friends. I'll keep them in my prayers and thank you for keeping mine in yours. I hope everything get's better and i hope everything works out. Your in my Prayer's as well. Thank you!

Dopey_Dope
Thank you for the welcome, i hope i do post more and they are as "well" or even better then this.

Kit McCallum
Thank you for the welcome, i really am wondering if all my poems i do is as good or a little better. Thank you for keeping my friend and i in your prayers, Thank you for the Email as well. You really made me feel welcome! thank you once again.

Thank you Everyone for responding to a poem that was hurtful to write but in away i'm glad that you Know what i'm going through and can help me!! Thank you once again. God bless! =)

curlygurly
since 2000-09-12
Posts 276
USA
9 posted 2000-11-05 07:24 PM

Welcome to passions! this was an awesome first post. you are a very talented poet! i hope that your friend is ok. I know how you are feeling tho, my dad has cancer and he's not doin so hot now and it's really hard to see him suffer. Hope keith gets well soon  
Curly

"So many tears i've cried, so much pain inside"
-Lenny Kravitz

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
10 posted 2000-11-05 07:48 PM

WELCOME TO PASSIONS!!!

What a nice poem to write a friend.  Don't worry, just keep praying for He listens.  Thanks for shring and keep it up

I see no changes, wake up in the morning I ask myself, "Is life worth living or should I blast myself" TUPAC SHAKUR

~SwEEt_LiL_GirL~
since 2000-11-04
Posts 21

11 posted 2000-11-06 12:16 PM

Thank you for the Welcome and the support, all we can do right now is put his life into God's hands and let him heal. Thank you everyone for your support. God bless!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Why was it you?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary