navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Bound
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic Bound Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
hoppy
since 2000-01-27
Posts 271

0 posted 2000-10-28 12:16 PM

What am i doing here?  Who are you?  I never knew you!  I have wasted the last 5 years of my life chancing a blinded dream and this is what i have to show for it!  A broken heart and a tear in my eye stand for a moment of silence of what has been lost.  I'm blind, even more so than you.  The words i hold in my head can cut you like butter but i restrain from saying anything.  I'm not yet sure if i am silent because i'm afraid i will hurt you or because you don't care.  This trash you call love, you tried to make me take part of it.  You told me it was good.  This thing you call love isn't love!  Your wrong!  

One day a little child named Isabel came to the edge of the river bank and gazed into the water infront of her.  As she watched the ripples deminish she began to see her reflection appear on the cool water's surface.  Being only 5 years old this image thrilled her.  What small things a child takes pleasure in.  After making watching her face move around in the reflection she noticed there was another face just beside of hers in the water.  Isabel jumped back from the water and looked around trying to find the person who's face was in the water.  There was no one around so she looked back into the water and yet again the face emerged just beside of her own.  

This image's lips began to move with no sound coming from them.  Despite this Isabel could understand every word this image spoke to her.  Even though she had never met this thing and didn't even know what it was she knew it's thoughts.  The image told her that something bad was going to happen but would not tell her when.  Isabel did not understand this concept the image was trying to get across to her.  In an explosion of the water a bellowing voice came saying "one score ye shall be blinded.  Lest ye open thin eyes thou years will be desilate and miserable."  Just as quick as the voice came from the water so did it return.

Isabel quickly jumped up from the river bank and rushed back to her house in the woods.  For the rest of that day she hid in her room afraid that the image would come back to get her.  This frightened Isabel so badly that she never spoke of this insident with anyone.  I It was one of those childhood fears that if you talk about what's bothering you then your fears will come true.  So for years and years she lived her life just as she wished.  Problems came with prosperity and trials but she thought she was doing pretty good.  Living in a large house on the river bank of that great river.  Still afraid of the water yet wondering what it was she saw that day.

One cool July night Isabel sat on the deck of her house just thinking about how things had gone for her so far.  She remembered her days as a child and how enjoyable they had been.  Having fun and playing with her friends.  But no matter how hard she tried to forget the memories would not leave her head.  haunting isabel to no end.  

From the distance came a noice that brought chills to her ears.  It appeared to be coming from the general direction of the river.  Deep into the darkness long she stood there, wondering fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared dream before.  As if the breathe had been taken from her she dropped down onto the floor and begin to gasp for breath.  A man immerged from the house and picked her up from the floor.  "What's wrong?" he stammered.  But she could not speak.  The man shook her hoping she would snap out of it but she was fixated on the darkness.  

A lonesome sound came again from the blackened sky.  Isabel screamed out "Go away, please go away!"   The man paniced and began to drag Isabel into the house.  "Did you hear him?" Isabel screamed?  "Did You?
"  The man started at her with a puzzled look and replied "No, No I didn't".  But Isabel heard it.  The voice kept repeating, "Thou score is upon you.   Thou curse binds you even now.  Ask ye not freedom from this evil which you bestowed upon thyself.  Ye blind child, remember thy few days at the water?  It has come to pass.  Depart!"

There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.
-- Oscar Levant

"Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live."

© Copyright 2000 Hoppy - All Rights Reserved
Child of the Stars
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-09-07
Posts 1658
Ann Arbor, MI
1 posted 2000-10-28 01:08 PM

Whoa. This blew me away... the words were amazing, the plot haunting...whoa...

~Carly

The grindstone of life will either polish us or wear us down, depending on what we're made of.

Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
2 posted 2000-10-28 08:47 PM

Oh, this is chilling.  And it's almost Halloween so this is a perfect time to share this too.  Really good writing here (maybe a few spelling errors, but oh well).  Nicely done

"Disagreements stimulate thought, thought stimulates action, and action stimulates life." --Me!!

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
3 posted 2000-10-28 11:45 PM

MAybe this should go to the prose section but still a very well written piece.

"I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust."

I hate your socks. I'd like to burn them!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Bound

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary