navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » So TiReD
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic So TiReD Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
tRyIn tO fIt iN2 mY oWn ShoEs

0 posted 2000-10-25 09:06 PM

I'm tired of you,
I'm tired of us.
I'm tired of our relationship,
And our sturdy trust.
I'm tired of playing,
This stupid game.
Because of me,
Things will be forever changed.
I cant laugh like i use to,
I cant smile away my tears.
Your barely a comfort to me,
When confronting my fears.
I'd like to think i was ok,
And that we'd be fine.
I could force myself to believe,
It'll be fixed in a nick of time.
But i'm tired,
Tired of what i see.
Tired of being referred to,
As you and me.
Your my best friend,
And i know its a chore.
But for now i'd rather be lonely,
I cant take this much more.
Being weighed down with responsibilities,
Always needing to be glad.
If you have a bad day,
Dont worry!
I'll make you un-sad!
I love you to death,
And till death do we part.
But i cant be fully there for you,
if i'm missing half my heart.
I'm bruised,
And beaten.
Rotten to the core.
I'm sorry,
This lil gurl cant take this no more.
I'm sorry if i get aggrivated,
And easily upset.
Dont want to be touched,
I'm suprised you havent given up on me yet.
I cant deal with these pressures,
And constant calls.
I try to stand up,
But because of you i fall.
I know this sounds weird,
And hard to understand.
But right now,
Your doing harm to me as a friend.

© Copyright 2000 Michele - All Rights Reserved
CLBinLOVE
since 2000-06-04
Posts 147
Hilton Head, SC, USA
1 posted 2000-10-25 09:18 PM

wow, i dont know about anyone else, but if this guy loves you as much as you say he does, than hes gonna be in major pain, id hate to get something like this from my girlfriend...
but it had a good rhyme pattern, and i kinda liked the way it flowed, all in all it was pretty good, i just hope you made it up and dont intend to break a guys heart with it hehe

let the fighting words lie
let the candle light die
let the sun come up
let the same imply
~EvE 6

Isabel Galaxia
since 2000-06-18
Posts 733

2 posted 2000-10-25 09:48 PM

Well, maybe it's just me...but I didn't take this as a boyfriend girlfriend thing.  Like I said it's probably just me.  Good luck, great poem, I hope things get better...keep it up  
Bel

Isabel Galaxia
since 2000-06-18
Posts 733

3 posted 2000-10-25 09:48 PM

OOoooopssss!!  Hit reply twice AGAIN!

[This message has been edited by Isabel Galaxia (edited 10-25-2000).]

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
4 posted 2000-10-25 09:55 PM

Well i don't know what to say but i hope things get better and you get ok. Keep writing!

"I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust."

I hate your socks. I'd like to burn them!

xShUgArHiGhx
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
5 posted 2000-10-25 10:29 PM

Ok just to fill everyone in, this is about me and my best friend which happens to be a guy. He's constantly telling me how he feels everything for me more than i feel for him and he's just so smothering that i had to write this poem. We're not going out but i just got fed up with our relationship....i hope that makes things a lil clearer =o)
Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
6 posted 2000-10-26 01:17 PM

Shugar~
Sounds like hes not being the friend that you want...You sound more like you are being hurt then getting friendship...Why dont you take a break from him and see how things go???

Well good poem...Thanks for sharing it with us!!!

~*Love is sometimes like a rose. Beautiful in the beginning but dies in the end.*~

Caz
since 2000-09-13
Posts 133
ConcepciĆ³n, Chile
7 posted 2000-10-26 07:47 PM

xShUgArHiGhx, the poem is great, I really liked it. It shows an old scar of my life, so I can give you an advice but I prefer to email it to you, so check it.
Bye, and good luck,
Your friend,
Caz

It's been raining since you left me.

Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
8 posted 2000-10-27 05:03 PM

I liked the suggestion of taking a break from this friendship.  If you feelike you're being smothered that may help.  I think this is a really good poem!

"Disagreements stimulate thought, thought stimulates action, and action stimulates life." --Me!!

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
9 posted 2000-10-28 01:25 PM

TALK...that's all i can say. talk to him about it, and if he doesn't listen, maybe it's time to find another best friend.  Being friends (not only best friends) is also a give and take situation....and if he doesn't wanna give, maybe he really isn't that good of a friend.

I see no changes, wake up in the morning I ask myself, "Is life worth living or should I blast myself" TUPAC SHAKUR

xShUgArHiGhx
Member Elite
since 2000-09-26
Posts 3150
10 posted 2000-10-29 12:49 PM

Hey guys...thanx for your responses...But he is the best friend i've ever had..it's just so difficult..and every time i talk to him about this he gets upset and doesnt wanna talk about it or points the finger at me or something. I just have to take it day by day..but thanks for your reponses!
Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
11 posted 2000-11-28 11:03 AM

If that's the way he acts when you try to talk to him, it means he doesn't respect you pov.  And that means that he doesn't even repect you either.  I think you should stay away from him.  How could you call someone your best friend when such abuse is placed on you.  good luck

I see no changes, wake up in the morning I ask myself, "Is life worth living or should I blast myself" TUPAC SHAKUR

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » So TiReD

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary