navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Wondering Why
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic Wondering Why Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Vball Chickie1624
since 2000-05-14
Posts 116
New York

0 posted 2000-06-26 02:13 PM

Thinking about you makes me cry,
Wondering why you had to die.

Wishing you were hear with me
Wondering why it had to be.

Remembering when I was with you,
Like the time when I took you to the zoo.

I hope you're happy up there,
Why couldn't life be fair?

I'm missing a piece of my heart now,
I keep wondering how?

Why did it have to be this way?
Why did the drunk driver have to sway?

I wrote this poem when I was in 8th grade for my little cousin.  Her car got hit by a drunk driver and she died.  I know that's it's just a basic poem, but I was only in 8th grade.  Just tell me what you guys think.

© Copyright 2000 Danielle DuFour - All Rights Reserved
LoveBug
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Elite
since 2000-01-08
Posts 4697

1 posted 2000-06-27 12:08 PM

Hun, I'm so sorry that this happened to you. This poem is so sad! It's terrible that people still get behind the wheel when there drunk...

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." -Oscar Wilde
"The robbed that smiles steals something from the thief" -Shakespea

Jeremiah Johnson
since 2000-06-08
Posts 1223
Brooksville, Fl, U.S
2 posted 2000-06-27 01:14 AM

yes this one here i feel. i lost four family members in one day so i know how it feels and many other people like the love of my life who got gunned down about three years ago. also just to let you know loved the piece.

I'm a dying romantic and when i can no longer write i can no longer live -Jeremiah Johnson-

Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
3 posted 2000-06-28 05:56 PM

i am really sorry to hear about your cousin...its sad but its reality...i hope that the person that did this to your cousin is sitting in jail...but just to say your poem is beautiful...

~IF YOU WANT SOMETHING VERY BADLY~SET IT FREE~IF IT COMES BACK TO YOU~ITS YOURS FOREVER~IF IT DOESNT IT WAS NEVER YOURS TO BEGIN WITH~

Jacman
since 2000-06-27
Posts 291
Dwight Il, US
4 posted 2000-06-28 08:06 PM

I feel bad for the loss that you had to deal with.  Sometimes I think God takes some people home with him because they are such special people and he can't stand to be apart from them.  Atleast thinking this has gotten me through some sad times.  I'm still new to this so I hope to read more of you soon.  I like this one, even though you were only in 8th grade, its good!
Deranger
since 2000-05-10
Posts 498
Somewhere, between here and there
5 posted 2000-06-29 04:02 AM

People get behind the wheel when thier drunk becuase humans are dumb.   DUM dumb, so stupid, we dont even get a "b". Another thing?  

Why is everyone here Jesus this and Jesus that?  God didn't kill them, some idiot smashed off his ass did. I have lost friends, some religious, some not.  Never seemed any different either way.  No big ole fricken light came from up above and saved them from the horrible pain they were in.  Nope, they just lay there and suffer.  What god would allow such horrible things to befall his servents?    

Now if God loved someone so much, why would he rip them from a place where they were so loved, only so he could be near them?  A bit selfish i think.  But then again, why would God put them on the horible burning sphere of misery that is this earth in the first place?  If God does exsist, i will have many questions for him...

Umm, sorry for the theology bit...get carried away sometimes...(but i mean every bit).

Jeremy Halstead
since 2000-06-01
Posts 569
Morris, Ill. U.S.A
6 posted 2000-06-30 03:18 AM

Nobody really knows why things like this happen.  The best we can do is try to take a good state of mind and let the wound heal.  Although it's been awhile since this happened, I know that memories still tale you.  Just remember that without those, your little cousins legacy would never be.  Don't worry about the poem being basic...you got your point across well and that's all that matters.

Jeremy

"Time is the matter, and in a matter of that all wounds will heal and all scars shall fade."

Danny Holloway
Member Elite
since 2000-01-15
Posts 2034
Tulsa, OK
7 posted 2000-07-06 10:16 AM

I think you have a loving heart and a talent to write.  Share them both with the world!
dh

A life isn't significant except for its impact on other lives.

Artic Wind
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 8080
Realm of Supernatural
8 posted 2007-12-01 10:29 PM

Enjoyed

ARCTIC WIND

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Wondering Why

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary