navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Go All Out
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic Go All Out Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
aLLaLONE
since 2000-09-25
Posts 7

0 posted 2000-09-26 12:42 PM

“Go All Out!”
That’s what I’ve been telling myself lately when I think I can’t do something. “Go all out, It’s senior year, and there can’t be any regrets!” I think it came from my best friend who has been almost all my life the “smallest guy on the team”, but always the one with the biggest heart. We worked at this kid’s camp during the summer and there was this girl that worked with us too. Everything about her was great. Personality, sense of humor, (ummm) posture. I was always scared of asking her out and practically waited the whole summer. When I finally mustered up the courage to ask her there was another guy at work that already made a move. Now in’t that a *****! Not the girl, but my life in general. So I start actually trying to do something with my situation. Only one problem it’s almost the end of summer and I have to go to a camp. So what would you do? Well I thought about it and told myself if I really wanted her I should just spill it all, put it all out, and tell her how beautiful she was, how her smile can lift me up out of a bad day, and all that other romantic blah blah. You think I did it? Yeah right! I wussied out and wrote it all down on paper and left it on my friends car with a note to give it to her that day. Well a week passes and I check my voicemail. I have like sixteen messages! My phone roamed in San Diego so I couldn’t check the messages you know. Oh, how’d I get to San Diego? No, camp wasn’t there, but right when I got back from camp, I saw my Dad packing the car with luggage. Without telling me previously, it sounded like I was going to San Diego. Which sucked because it was my birthday that week and I really wanted to see my friends, but that’s another story. Where was I? Oh yeah, I flew back alone on an airplane from San Diego and as I was waiting for my dad to pick me up, who was an hour late, from the airport, I checked my messages. I think I really pissed off this guy who was waitng behind me for the phone. Well I checked my messages and I hear this message, it’s my friend talking to two of my other friends and I guess they didn’t know they called me or something because on my voicemail was like a three minute conversation talking about football, cars, and me. My friend told my other two friends the situation I was in, and somewhere in there said that the other guy at work did get with the girl. When I saw my friend I didn’t mention it. I’ve never talked to him about it. Sure we talked about the girl, but that letter I left on his car to give to her, I haven’t even spoken about that since then. I’m not even sure if it got to her. Maybe I’ll find out this week when her school’s football team plays ours. Maybe she’ll say, “Thanks for the letter, you loser!” Or maybe she won’t even be there. It doesn’t really matter to me now. Does it? I’m writing like 800 words on something that doesn’t matter to me? Forget it, that doesn’t matter right now. The story that I just told is to help me illustrate my point that if you don’t go all out someone else will. That once in a lifetime chance, that one opportunity can be gone just as fast as it hit you in the face and said, “Hello It’s me Opportunity!” So I’m just saying that people everyday miss out on good things because there scared, don’t want to try, there afraid of what their friends will think, or just don’t open their eyes and see that life has just handed them something great. Whether it’s relationships, school, sports, or whatever your scenario is, to “go all out” is the best advice I can give you.

< !signature-->

*** Note from Kit  ***

In order to ensure that we
Do follow Passions' rules
I must intrude, just briefly now,
Not meaning to be cruel.

You can delete this poem of mine,
Replace it with your own,
For every post within this Forum,
Needs a little poem.

*See response note below please  

[This message has been edited by Kit McCallum (edited 09-26-2000).]

© Copyright 2000 aLLaLONE - All Rights Reserved
AngelShell
since 2000-03-01
Posts 446
not heaven nor hell so...
1 posted 2000-09-26 03:08 AM

Firstly I would like to say, Welcome to Passions, normally this is a poetry thing, but I like what you wrote.
I don't know what the moderators are gonna say, but I like it!  There's no where on here where we can just say whatever we feel like, so, I like the initiative you've shown (once again I don't know if the moderators will feel the same or not but hey!)
Um...yes...I totally understand what you're saying.  Of course, when I went all out, he shot me down, but no worries, I actually do feel better now because I know that it's atleast out there and I can stop the "he might like me too" thing that I was tourturing myself with before.
I totally agree...you should go all out, give it all you've got.
No pain no gain.
That might be a cliche that's grown so old, but I find that it helps sometimes.
I hope to see you around some more...whether it be through your poetry, or whether it's just through sharing advice like you are now, either way I hope I'll catch more of you.

Good luck!!

**Shell**

AngelShell
since 2000-03-01
Posts 446
not heaven nor hell so...
2 posted 2000-09-26 03:34 AM

Hey, I was just thinking, if you wanted a place where you could just talk about anything, with out it having to be poetry, try the Teen & Mentor Lounge, which should just be called "The Teen Lounge".

The place has been around for a while, but I'm trying to get something happening in it, I'd like the help if you're willing!!!!!

**Shell**

Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
3 posted 2000-09-26 07:46 AM

Welcome to Passions aLLaLone!

I think this could be an interesting discussion, but this Forum is reserved for poetry, so I've added a little poem to ensure we're within guidelines this time.

For general discussions in the future, please feel free to review and post in any of the "Discussion Forums" such as "Feelings" or "The Alley" which can be found off the Main Forum Menu (upper left corner button on your screen).  I could also move this thread to one of the discussion Forums if you wish not to add poetry to this topic.

We also have an interesting forum for Teens called "Teen Explorer". Feel free to check this Forum out for it's unique aspects also.

The "Teen Mentor Forum" was more specifically geared to a poetry mentoring program, and you can pose any questions you may have regarding this, to the moderator there, Poet deVine.

Great to have you here aLLaLONE, and look forward to reading some poetry from you soon.  Thanks for understanding ...  

Best wishes,
/Kit

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
4 posted 2000-09-26 01:08 PM

Yup!!! Never let the moment just pass you by...Great advice

I see no changes, wake up in the morning I ask myself, "Is life worth living or should I blast myself" TUPAC SHAKUR

Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
5 posted 2000-09-26 03:39 PM

Welcome to Passions
This is great advice, I'm looking forward to reading some of your poems

aLLaLONE
since 2000-09-25
Posts 7

6 posted 2000-09-27 01:47 AM

Sorry it's not a poem, but I wanted teen feedback on it. I did move it to Feelings so it's over there now. Thanks for all the great comments though. Feel free to ask and email me about anything. It's good to be in Passions! Later!
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Go All Out

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary