navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Mirrored Death
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic Mirrored Death Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico

0 posted 2000-09-24 12:46 PM

Mirrored Death:

Death in the mirror
Smiling, breathing, and sighing.
His breath falls upon me,
He's doing all the lying.
I just don't see the point
On why living causes dying.

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

© Copyright 2000 Pepe de la Muerte - All Rights Reserved
Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
1 posted 2000-09-24 01:48 PM

Dopey~~~Why are you talking about death in your poems???Im not talking bad...But this is the 2nd poem I have read by you and its talking about dying...

Anyways this was good!!!

*Falling in love is when you give someone a piece of your heart, falling out of love is when the piece doesnt fit*

anomaly187
since 2000-06-15
Posts 284
San Francisco,CA,US
2 posted 2000-09-24 02:55 PM

loved the poem dope...just one thing.

"I just don't see the point
On why living causes dying"

could you explain your thinking to me...if you want to...i'm just a little confused..maybe because i think life causes death...or at least it builds up to death heh.. well thank you...i hope i didn't **** the meaning up this line up in my head.

"'I am the the lizard king
I can do anything
I can make the earth stop in its tracks
I made the blue cars go away

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
3 posted 2000-09-24 03:20 PM

Well Anomaly, this was written at a point in my life where i did not see the point in dying. I didn't understand the concept of why we live to die. I hated it, i hated the idea that we were just born to die. I didn't see the point on why living causes dying. Like, they are complete contradictions and yet, it can be considered alike. Why? Well its some sort of cosmic synonym. Like...IF we are living and are alive, then we must be dying and im some sense dead. I mean.....If the famous little saying that once you are born you commence to die is true and so on....then it only fits the poem perfectly. I just don't like the idea of that. I don't see the point. I dislike it, I despise it and OH WELL! hahaha, but i think a bit differently now.

< !signature-->

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

[This message has been edited by Dopey_Dope (edited 09-24-2000).]

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Mirrored Death

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary