navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » I Thought You Knew [part II]
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic I Thought You Knew [part II] Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
~*Meghan*~
since 2000-05-22
Posts 17

0 posted 2000-09-23 09:34 PM

Let the water crash upon me
Let the fire be burn before me
Let the wind blow around me
And I will not fall
Let your words be thrown like spears
Let your actions bring my tears
Let your petty little choices bring my fears
And I will not fall
My love goes deeper than the ocean's depths
I held you tighter than Gods' holy hand
I loved you harder, than anyone you've met
~I thought you knew all this before hand,
and now you've hurt me.

© Copyright 2000 ~*Meghan*~ - All Rights Reserved
Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
1 posted 2000-09-23 09:51 PM

This is very good, I liked it.  Thanks for sharing it
StarPryncess17
since 2000-05-31
Posts 932
Colorado
2 posted 2000-09-23 10:43 PM

Do I know how you feel or what?!?! My goodness, I've felt exactly this way before. You just have to know that no guy is worth your tears, and the one who is won't make you cry. So pick your heart up off the floor and do better! You may have gotten hurt, just use it as a learning experience. Keep your chin up girl! It's like I always say"Time in it's own essence can heal even the deepest of wounds, including the heart. Soon enough, the pain will subside and the ache, just a distant memory. A scar shall remain this is true, but that too, with time shall fade..."Best of luck in life and love girl!
Love Always
~*~Jessica~*~
< !signature-->

~*~sMiLe! It MaKeS yOuR bUtT ShInE~*~

[This message has been edited by StarPryncess17 (edited 09-23-2000).]
Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
3 posted 2000-09-24 12:51 PM

Hey! I hope things are ok with you! Anyway i thought the format of this poem was stylin' i liked it a lot. Shhhhhh don't tell nobody, but don't you think it's funny when people try to ACT intellectual by talkin all funny? hee hee hee..... anyway the poem was cool!

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
4 posted 2000-09-25 04:26 PM

I know I replied to a poem with part 1 in the title...But I never found part 2 till now...When you get your heart broken its a learning experience to make sure your heart can take it...Dont think of it as anything bad its just seeing if you can go through with it...One day a guy is gonna come along who you are gonna fall in love with...And you are gonna think back to what all of us told you here...

It TaKeS a MiNuTe To LiKe SoMeOnE, aN hOuR tO hAvE a CrUsH oN sOmEoNe & A dAy To FaLl In LoVe, BuT iT tAkEs A lIfEtImE tO fOrGeT sOmEoNe.

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
5 posted 2000-09-25 10:04 PM

You have a way with words...This is a very good poem, keep writing.  Sorry to hear about your situation right now.

I see no changes, wake up in the morning I ask myself, "Is life worth living or should I blast myself" TUPAC SHAKUR

Ender
since 1999-12-08
Posts 200
Yuma, AZ USA
6 posted 2000-09-25 10:21 PM

I didn't have the honor to read the first part of this poem, but i must say i would like to.  The second part is awsome and i can't wait to find the first part.  keep up the great work.

*Blonde people are normal. Everyone else is just strange. -Ender*

Ethan Halo
since 2000-04-28
Posts 793
on the roof again
7 posted 2000-09-26 03:56 PM

"i held you tighter than God's holy hand."

now there's a sentiment that i can empathize with. i've only let myself feel that way once. keep that chin up. the world, oddly enough, will continue to turn!

this reminds me of an old, old post of mine. i think i'll repost it.

good luck, and good writing. =)

Everyone's got their demons.
We all got somethin' to atone for.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » I Thought You Knew [part II]

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary