navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Methadone
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic Methadone Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Deranger
since 2000-05-10
Posts 498
Somewhere, between here and there

0 posted 2000-09-20 09:42 PM

Methadone

You don’t quite fit the norm,
Do you think you can reform,
Before the coming of this lethal storm?

Nothing is what it seems,
And if you’re not careful,
This truth,
Will rip you at the seams,

You hear them scream,
All the unborn children,
Denying you the peace,
Of your dreams,

In your mind,
Nothing seems too kind,
But that’s what you get,
When you cross the lines,

From insanity to madness,
Don’t believe them when they say,
There’s no escape from this,
Heart-retching sadness,

The crux of memories shine,
Blowing synapses in your mind,
But what can you do?
What do you expect to find?
At the end of the line?

Though we live as senseless cattle,
Upon the pasture of society,
Deluded as the next drug-addled,
Freak,

The hell with unity,
They murder our lives with such,
Grave impunity,
But, have you the key?

To unlock the gates to insanity,
Deliver you from the lies of this fallacy,
To cure the disease of normalcy?
--------------------------------

In-wishing-you-could-reform-without-conforming

THERE IS NO SPOON!

Spreading insanity, one post at a time

Singing, "If i die before i wake..."

© Copyright 2000 Alexander Crino - All Rights Reserved
Alwye
Member Elite
since 1999-06-16
Posts 3850
In the space between moments
1 posted 2000-09-20 10:01 PM

"Deliver you from the lies of this fallacy,
To cure the disease of normalcy?" --ah, how true your words are.  Very well written, I liked the harsher sound of this, it's very fitting.  Keep up the great work!  

*Krista Knutson*

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." -Confucious

JandR4Eva
since 2000-09-20
Posts 9
Jacksonville, FL
2 posted 2000-09-20 11:05 PM

well I guess you didnt care for my poem much, but I guess I didnt get yours. I'm new at writing so I'm not that great but I try and thats the best thing I can do is try.

AngelShell
since 2000-03-01
Posts 446
not heaven nor hell so...
3 posted 2000-09-21 01:24 AM

hey Babe!

Wow, I come back from being away from this place for like three weeks, and you're already tearing the place up....how do you manage it...and yes, I am being half sarcastic...
But, my *****iness (am I aloud to say that?) aside...it was a FANTASTIC poem...you know how I feel about you're writing.
However, I do have a few things that I would like to ask you...or...bring to your attention more likely (I must warn you that I am in one of my 'let's pick everything to bits and deabte every fact that seems the tiniest little bit out of place' so please excuse me if I A: don't make sense and B: come off a little harsh...you know I don't mean it) anyway...where was I?  Train of thought dissapearing into oblivion...oh yes...
It seems to me, and don't take this the wrong way...but it seems that you are striving to be different when all you have to do is realize there is no such thing as normalcy...and in the first Stanza you talk about how they aren't normal and do they think they can get normal...yet in the last you say is there any cure for this normalcy?
It's a really great poem and there are so many things that you have brought up...it's a poem that only you could write babe, a poem that I've read about ten times already and I pick up something new and different every time.  The first time you read it you think, what the hell!?!?! And then you read it again and it makes more sense, and then you read it again and again and again and every time, another piece fits in...I like that.  Of course, because of this, it brings up more questions than answers and it would probably take a life time to answer all the questions brought up by this one poem, and that is because the poem is about life, therefore, if you have questions about the poem, you have questions about life, and you can't answer all your questions to life without dying first.  See, that's the ***** of the thing (ooh, there's that word again...I hope the moderaters don't cut this...can they do that???) to have all the answers to life, you have to die.  It's a take-your-pick thing I guess...either live a long and confusing life...or die quickly and have all your questions answered before you have time to over load your tiny brain with them.  We never forget, they just get pushed out...
Hmmm...see...I don't make much sense, and to think it's only 5 at night and I haven't been drinking!!!

Well, I'll talk to you later babe...don't take anything I said to heart...although, is that possible?  Is it possible not to take it to heart???  Something to think about...
Luv ya babe!!

Beautiful is empty
Beautiful is free
Beautiful loves no one
Beautiful stripped me
~Beautiful~
~Creed~

Deranger
since 2000-05-10
Posts 498
Somewhere, between here and there
4 posted 2000-09-21 02:50 AM

I’m gonna start this out by saying…ouch! My head hurts!  Lousy Michelle and her long reply…hehe

Alwye: I’ve always held the world to be a harsh place, if one wishes to relate to it, one must match it. Thanks.

JandR4Eva:  Thanks for your honesty…but. Everything is cool now?  Right?

AngelShell:  Ok, you’re the one who hurt my head…ouch…still hurts…You can’t say ****, they cut it out, see?  ****! Anywho, Yes, I like this one as well, it deals with the sick, smelly portion of society…the under the arm part pit, if you will.  We’re all caged up in the prison of freedom…alas…what have we come to?  And to take something to the heart, you would need to have one frist…

Thanks everybody…

In-wishing-I-knew-what-the-difference-between-katsup-and-ketchup-was

THERE IS NO SPOON!

Spreading insanity, one post at a time

Singing, "If i die before i wake..."

Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
5 posted 2000-09-21 07:55 AM

"Though we live as senseless cattle,
Upon the pasture of society,"

Excellent Deranger! Powerfully written, and very thought-provoking. I especially loved the lines above, really well done!  

PS ... I enjoy all your signature lines "in-wishing-xxx" Keep up the great work!

Best wishes,
/Kit

Jacman
since 2000-06-27
Posts 291
Dwight Il, US
6 posted 2000-09-21 12:00 PM

If you did have a spoon, what would you use it for?  Anyway, liked the poem and like I said before, I read your work and it makes me think of pain killers.  

jason

I'm not concieted...I'm convinced.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Methadone

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary