navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Searching Home
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic Searching Home Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico

0 posted 2000-09-18 06:59 AM

Searching Home:

This land,
This world,
The only place I know.
But is there not another?
Another place to roam my careless years away
With new passions and new dreams,
A new happiness I know not of here?

I seek a new life,
And in seeking I loose myself
To the demonds of thought I so knew in my past.
I knew them so well that I could scream out their names.
I knew them so well that I had the reassurance of predicting their next move.

An odyssey of home
Which I so need to have,
And I will not stop till my void is filled.
Because I know there is a land,
A world,
In which I know not of,
And the excitement of knowing is all that keeps me searching
For my home, my happiness, my new life.

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

© Copyright 2000 Pepe de la Muerte - All Rights Reserved
Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
1 posted 2000-09-18 07:17 AM

I love the positive aspects in this Javier. Searching for our own unique Utopias ... I forever follow this same path. I enjoyed the wording, and the way this was crafted, well done!  

Best wishes,
/Kit

Jacman
since 2000-06-27
Posts 291
Dwight Il, US
2 posted 2000-09-18 11:35 AM

It seems that we are all searching for that place to call home.  I really like your work.  Even though I don't reply much, I do read it all and I havn't read anything that I don't like.  Keep it up!!

jason

It can't rain all of the time.

-Micheal Draven(The Crow)

Allysa
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
since 1999-11-09
Posts 1952
In an upside-down garden
3 posted 2000-09-18 04:00 PM

i love this one. it speaks to me. u know what i wonder. i wonder if chairs could talk, what would they say? i asked my language teach and then told her what i thought mine would say was that i was choking it. and she looked at me funny, so i pulled back my arm to reveal my hand which was clutching the chair. forks and spoons all the way. knives are dangerous.

Don't wander throught this glassy surface, expecting to find more than me, because what I am without a purpose, but a lone mirage to see.

Isabel Galaxia
since 2000-06-18
Posts 733

4 posted 2000-09-18 09:39 PM

Dopey-Is your name Javier?  I ask because I'm not sure.  It's a great poem, I can't say much more than that.  I think I know how you feel, maybe not exactly.  Muy bien mi amigo.  Hasta luego
Bel

Beautiful is empty
Beautiful is free
Beautiful loves no one
Beautiful stripped me
-"Beautiful" CREED

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
5 posted 2000-09-18 09:53 PM

Sí, mi nombre es Javier. Soy feliz que usted tuvo gusto del poema y tambien quiero que te sepas que Espero ver sus poemas pronto!  Adiós!

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

Allysa
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
since 1999-11-09
Posts 1952
In an upside-down garden
6 posted 2000-09-19 08:19 AM

Dopey: like i said, this speaks to me. anyways, what do you think chairs would say if they could talk? i'm gonna keep asking you this until you tell me what you think chairs would say if they could talk. i didn't know you spoke spanish. como esta? Love ya much, Allysa

Don't wander throught this glassy surface, expecting to find more than me, because what I am without a purpose, but a lone mirage to see.

Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
7 posted 2000-09-19 09:11 AM

Dopey~~~I think we all are looking for that one place...Where we can call home...Sounds like you are looking for the place already...I wish you luck if this is based on a personal experience...

*Falling in love is when you give someone a piece of your heart, falling out of love is when the piece doesnt fit*

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
8 posted 2000-09-19 10:17 AM

Great write!!! I know we all are looking for something better than what we have.  And there's nothing wrong with that as long as what we are looking for is to better ourselves inside.  That actually is life's goal.  As long as we are being realistic, let me be the first one to say, GO FOR IT.

As i wake up in the morning I ask myself, "Is life worth living or should I blast myself" TUPAC SHAKUR

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
9 posted 2000-09-19 04:14 PM

Yes this is a mental odyssey to fully find the true me, a better me.......a home in which I find complete peace in.

Anyway Allysa....if chairs could talk they'd say "get the heck off of me!" Thats all i know......anyway yea i speak spanish. I am puerto Rican.....i live in Puerto Rico.

bye!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Searching Home

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary