navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Why Must You Do This (please reply)
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic Why Must You Do This (please reply) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Isabel Galaxia
since 2000-06-18
Posts 733

0 posted 2000-06-22 10:21 PM

Why Must You Do This

Why do you have to be like this?
Why do you have to say that?
Why do you have to make me feel so bad?
Why do you have to make me sad?

Must you say things like that?
Must you make me cry?
I hate when you do that
When you tell me this could make me die

I know you’re my friend
But it doesn’t always seem that way
It’s only sometimes you act like this
Not every day

But lately you’ve been yelling at me
Trying to get a point through my head
But you just don’t see
You don’t see what’s going in my head

I know you care
You tell me you do
And I really appreciate it
Honestly, that’s really true

But please stop yelling
It tears me up inside
I just don’t agree with you
But your opinions don’t subside

I don’t want you to worry
But I’m glad that you care
And I hope that you know
I’m not going to go anywhere

I didn't write this trying to be negative or mean or anything, but i wrote this right after getting into a fight with one of my friends, as I was trying not to cry.  Yes, this is yet another peom about my "eating situation" as my friends call it now.  Please feel free to say whatever you want about it.  Thanks!

© Copyright 2000 Isabel Galaxia - All Rights Reserved
MysticalAngel
since 2000-06-22
Posts 23

1 posted 2000-06-23 12:59 PM

I realize that your friend was only trying to help you and maybe think of the possibility that maybe they have a point. Don't be closed out to their advice. Because I know if my best friend had a "Eating Prob." I would be craming my advice down her throat until it quit. It's not good for anyone and maybe you should consider talking to someone with past expirence with it. Maybe they could give you some good insight on some of the side effects. Hope all is well and stay positive. Good poem though! MysticalAngel
Jeremiah Johnson
since 2000-06-08
Posts 1223
Brooksville, Fl, U.S
2 posted 2000-06-23 02:23 AM

please find a way to listen to your friends because they can help you out. really good poem though i don't care so much for the subject behind it because its hurting you and your friend. hope things turn out better and keep your head up toward the sky.

I'm a dying romantic and when i can no longer write i can no longer live -Jeremiah Johnson-

Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
3 posted 2000-06-23 03:47 AM

very nice poem...you should really listen to your friends point of view though...this person is only showing you that they care or else they wouldnt be trying to get in your head...i had a friend who disapproved of what her brother did...but he was only following in her footsteps...i had somethings to say...she didnt like what i said but it was the truth and eventually it got through to her...so listen to your friends they are only trying to help...

~IF YOU WANT SOMETHING VERY BADLY~SET IT FREE~IF IT COMES BACK TO YOU~ITS YOURS FOREVER~IF IT DOESNT IT WAS NEVER YOURS TO BEGIN WITH~

StarPryncess17
since 2000-05-31
Posts 932
Colorado
4 posted 2000-06-23 04:08 AM

Isabel~I know how you feel, eating disorders are very difficult to deal with. I wasn't sure whether or not I would see another poem from you about this or not..well, looks like I did which tells me that this is a big problem in your life. I know how you feel, everything people say doens't matter--you don't care what they think you are doing to yourself because in your mind, you're making yourself thinner/better looking...right? well, I would give anything to have gone back and listened to my famiy on this one. Isabel, I know it's hard and that little saying "easier said than done" plays a VERY large role in this type of situation. It sounds to me like your friends care -- obviously they are concerned...but you feel like what they say has nothing to do with your situation, how do they know what they are talking about? They've never felt the way you do. Well Bel, millions of people have the same feeings you do--the same obsession to be thin. I'm sorry that you are going through this! My heart is with you right now. Your friends may not know what you are going through and it makes it hard for you to rely on them...If you ever need to talk PLEASE don't hesitate to e-mail me, I've been in your shoes and I know your pain. My heart and prayers are with you!!!!!! Love Always~*~Jessica~*~  
p.s.~sorry about the long reply!
< !signature-->

~*~Love is the product of our dicontentment with ourselves~*~
~*~SMILE! It makes your butt shine!~*~

[This message has been edited by StarPryncess17 (edited 06-23-2000).]

Crystalina123
since 2000-01-31
Posts 228

5 posted 2000-06-23 08:46 AM

Bel,
How dare your friend rag on you? They don't know what it's like to struggle with weight, after all, all of them are gorgeous right? Can I ask you a question? Think of someone you love dearly; you best friend, a sister/brother, a parent . . . how would you feel if they were destroying themselves the way you are? Please think about it. My heart goes out to you and you are in my thoughts and prayers daily. If you ever want to talk you can E-mail me at Crystalina123@yahoo.com ok?

Love,
Crystal

Maybe God has us meet a few wrong people so that when we meet the right one we can truly appreciate the gift.

Isabel Galaxia
since 2000-06-18
Posts 733

6 posted 2000-06-23 09:25 AM

Everyone, hi again.  Wow, I didn't even realize I clicked "book submission" I really didn't mean to! Once again, thanks for all of the concern, you have no idea how much I appreciate it.  
MysticalAngel, Jeremiah, Erin- I know my friend is only trying to help me, and I can kind of understand why.
Jessica- I liked the long reply.  By the way- what's your e-mail address??
Crystalina123- you have a point.  
Thanks everyone!  
Bel

StarPryncess17
since 2000-05-31
Posts 932
Colorado
7 posted 2000-06-23 04:18 PM

Bel~I'm glad you liked it, I don't feel so bad now!   My e-mail address is : StarPryncess17@hotmail.com Please don't hesitate to e-mail me...even if it's just to say hi. I'm glad to help in any way I can. It always helps having someone who knows what it's like to battle this incessant desire to be thinner. Let me know if you need anything..even just to hear that you can and will get through this!   My prayers are with you!!! Love Always~*~Jess~*~

~*~Love is the product of our dicontentment with ourselves~*~
~*~SMILE! It makes your butt shine!~*~

**AANGELLE**
since 2000-06-21
Posts 45

8 posted 2000-06-23 05:43 PM

I really read this poem over and over, you see my best friend also has an eating prob and I would literally do anything to have her back to hrself again the beautifull person that she was and still is somewhere inside. Thankfully though she is beginning to talk to me about it and is getting help. This does not mean I will ever stop worrying about her and or thiking "what if?" I know your frind probably seems like a nag but I'm sure it's because she would be lost without you...
       Love Kerrie

Isabel Galaxia
since 2000-06-18
Posts 733

9 posted 2000-06-23 06:06 PM

Hey **Aangelle**, it helps to know a little about how it might seem for my friend.  Well, he's(yes it is a guy) not my best friend, he's not even a very close friend, but I guess he still cares, well, he says he does anyway.  But I think that now he has given up on me, as he has been trying to "talk some sense into me" for the past...maybe 3 or 4 months.  Well, good luck to you and your friend, I hope you both get through this okay.  Thanks
Bel

Artic Wind
Member Rara Avis
since 2007-09-16
Posts 8080
Realm of Supernatural
10 posted 2007-11-18 01:55 PM

Enjoyed

ARCTIC WIND

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Why Must You Do This (please reply)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary