navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Living Rudely
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic Living Rudely Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico

0 posted 2000-09-10 12:54 PM

Yet another poem from the 3rd batch. I think some of you will see this poem and say "yep, he's a rude one alright".....i think that's funny though, but seriously folks.... i'm a nice guy. I am but a wittle wittle teddy bear. LOve meeeeee! hehe..

Living Rudely:

Deep are the depths of the ocean
Dark are the nights without my star
Mysterious is all I have ever been
And all I ask is "How far is far?"

Shallow are the minds of today
Lights are the form we progress
Rude is the only safe way
To be an overachiever in this unhealthy mess.

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

© Copyright 2000 Pepe de la Muerte - All Rights Reserved
anomaly187
since 2000-06-15
Posts 284
San Francisco,CA,US
1 posted 2000-09-10 01:24 AM

hey dope, you know i think i am beginning to love you..heh..another great poem..i am starting to believe our poems were meant to be read by each other cause i seriously am in awe of all your work from 9th grade...myself being a 9th grader it's nice to read work that i can really learn from..thank for your reply on my post It all pours out...i've had short comments on another poem i once posted like i was weird...you're one of a kind..in my eyes..continue posting these poems..they mean alot to me.

Now night arrives with her purple legions
Retire now to your tents & to your dreams
Tomorrow we enter the town of my birth
I want to be ready. - JM

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
2 posted 2000-09-10 01:45 AM

You know what anomaly? I love your writing. I freaking adore it. I am glad you like mine too. When I posted this one up about Living rudely....cuz i mean, the title just states the whole feeling of the poem.....like i just thought of you...i thought "anomaly would like this.....can't wait to see his reply"......so yea there you go bud

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

Child of the Stars
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-09-07
Posts 1658
Ann Arbor, MI
3 posted 2000-09-10 03:36 PM

Dopey I don't think I'm ever gonna be as good a writer as you...you were this talented in 9th grade and I am no where near that talent level now! (im in 9th grade)Oh well...I'll work at it. How far is far?*sigh* tootelz.

~Carly

Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

StarPryncess17
since 2000-05-31
Posts 932
Colorado
4 posted 2000-09-10 04:12 PM

Since this is a friendly environment, I will reply with my opinins on your work, not on you. This was an interesting poem. But like usual, I have to disagree with your negativity. I don't think that being selfish and being rude is the only way to acheive. But hey, you have your opinions and I have mine...
< !signature-->

If aLl My FrIeNdS JuMpEd OfF a BrIdGe, I WoUlDn'T JuMp WiTH ThEm BeCaUsE I'd Be At ThE bOtToM tO CaTcH ThEm.  

[This message has been edited by StarPryncess17 (edited 09-10-2000).]

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
5 posted 2000-09-10 07:38 PM

Star- thanks for being mature. I appreciate that. Anyway, this poem was a negative poem. Very..... but, you have to look at it in a certain point of view to actually say "hey, i can see why he wrote this". It wasn't me saying live rudely and thats the whole message but oh well. Oh and hey, remember...these poems are me 3yrs ago. I don't think like this now.
Oh and sorry about what i said about yer little quote thingy. it was a JOKE, i didnt think youd take things so personal. Hope you can forgive me.

StarPryncess17
since 2000-05-31
Posts 932
Colorado
6 posted 2000-09-10 09:22 PM

OK, here goes, as for being mature, thanks for the sarcastic comment. I could have said many a things, but probably come to regret them, so i didn't. You say what you said was a joke, well that's nice I'm glad you are capable of joking, but why must y ou do it in such a negative way? And for some reason I failed to see where you said hey Jess, btw this is just a joke. I take things personally when my optimism and my life (which are my friends) are shot at. You have to understand that. I am not trying to be a B*i*t*c*h, but I am telling you please try not to take so many shots at people and their opinions. I apologize for coming off as a mean person. I'm actually very nice, just tend to take things a little too personally...
< !signature-->

If aLl My FrIeNdS JuMpEd OfF a BrIdGe, I WoUlDn'T JuMp WiTH ThEm BeCaUsE I'd Be At ThE bOtToM tO CaTcH ThEm.  

[This message has been edited by StarPryncess17 (edited 09-10-2000).]

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
7 posted 2000-09-10 09:32 PM

I honestly meant what i said about you being mature.
StarPryncess17
since 2000-05-31
Posts 932
Colorado
8 posted 2000-09-10 10:03 PM

Right. my sincerest apologies are to you then. And I forgot to mention something before, I do know what you mean about the poem, I agree, I was just being stubborn!   I guess that the little b**** in me! hehe thxs for the sincerity.
Love Always
~*~Jessica~*~

:) If aLl My FrIeNdS JuMpEd OfF a BrIdGe, I WoUlDn'T JuMp WiTH ThEm BeCaUsE I'd Be At ThE bOtToM tO CaTcH ThEm. :)

StarPryncess17
since 2000-05-31
Posts 932
Colorado
9 posted 2000-09-10 10:03 PM

Right. my sincerest apologies are to you then. And I forgot to mention something before, I do know what you mean about the poem, I agree, I was just being stubborn!   I guess that the little b**** in me! hehe thxs for the sincerity.
Love Always
~*~Jessica~*~

:) If aLl My FrIeNdS JuMpEd OfF a BrIdGe, I WoUlDn'T JuMp WiTH ThEm BeCaUsE I'd Be At ThE bOtToM tO CaTcH ThEm. :)

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
10 posted 2000-09-10 10:28 PM

Hey thanks for being so cool about this. I just HATE hostility. I simply despise it. I try to be as nice as possible and my little crack at adding a bit of humor to this place wasn't proper I guess. Oh well.....but I'm still gonna try and see where i can make this place a bit peppier. HUMOR is very imp!
Anyway hope to see your posts soon!

Ender
since 1999-12-08
Posts 200
Yuma, AZ USA
11 posted 2000-09-14 05:35 PM

I love this poem alot. I love reading your work. Great job

*Blonde people are normal. Everyone else is just strange. -Ender*

Kandi
since 2000-06-14
Posts 354
North of Hell
12 posted 2000-09-14 07:00 PM

Hey Dopey   This is the first poem of yours I've read, and I REALLY loved it! and I don't doubt ur a nice guy! I really like ur style, and if this poem is any indication, I'll bet your other work is just as great! I'm gonna go read some of ur other stuff now!
Thanx for posting this!
Love and Hugs
~K~

~*Things you see the way you see them will never be seen again*~

~*When does something that you thought was so right slap you in the face and becom

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Living Rudely

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary