navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Gates
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic Gates Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico

0 posted 2000-09-08 07:13 PM

This poem is a poem. It was written on paper. Paper comes from a tree. Trees are cut down to make paper. Cutting down trees is ok as long as we plant more. The amazon has a lot of trees. We cut amazon trees down. We don't replant trees. Cutting down trees is bad. Writing on paper is bad. This poem is still a poem.

OK! so here it goes!!

Gates:

Born under a lily,
But raised under the rose.
My thoughts are confinded,
And my mind enclosed.

Like the raging hell
Burning to escape
The love and kindness
We are raised to hate.

Frozen over with passion
With nothing to imply.
Melting away nature.
How de we get by?

Born under a lily,
But raised under a rose.
Open the gates of fate,
And see what they show.

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

© Copyright 2000 Pepe de la Muerte - All Rights Reserved
anomaly187
since 2000-06-15
Posts 284
San Francisco,CA,US
1 posted 2000-09-08 09:05 PM

hey, it is definately still a poem..there is nothing i can critisize about it either...i really just love it...oh and did you write this as a 9th grader? (i think you were the one who said that you were posting previous written poems)

Now night arrives with her purple legions
Retire now to your tents & to your dreams
Tomorrow we enter the town of my birth
I want to be ready. - JM

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
2 posted 2000-09-08 09:34 PM

OK let me explain this in the most elaborate way possible.
ALL of the poems I have posted from the first one till present have been from the 3RD BATCH. The 3rd batch were my very first few poems. It was named the 3rd batch because i had 2 different thought waves within it and 1+2=3.......1st plus second...i didnt do it.....one thought wave plus one thought wave....i have no idea WHY! haha....anyway....these were my firsts cracks at poetry writing.

To get an idea of it all here we go:

3RD BATCH (55 pieces)= 1998 second semester of 9th and summer going into 10th.
4TH WAVE (61 pieces)= 10th grade entirely
5TH CYCLE (47 pieces)= 11th grade first semester and part of second. Ending in April.
6TH ROUND (so far i have 78 pieces)= Starts in May of 2000 onto present day.

This current one I am working on has the most because i am going through tons of crap right now.
Along with those 4 dif. categories i have 2 more:

1. In the beginning- lost poems i found from my beginning of the 3rd batch that I didnt add.
2. The Lost Foundation- poems I wrote in 7th grade that sucked so much i never took the time to type into the comp. I recently put them all together and now i have them.

So there you go. So yes, all these poems you have seen and will continue to see will only be my 9th grade self....I am just trying to take it by stages. I have gotten better with time and more mature. I just want to portray this within the forum. LIke, show it to the world. So yea, glad you liked the poem!

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

Child of the Stars
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-09-07
Posts 1658
Ann Arbor, MI
3 posted 2000-09-09 01:14 PM

Dopey, I liked this one. I especially liked the intro. heh..you've got so much talent; I will use it as an inspiration for my own life. thank you for being.

~carly

Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

StarPryncess17
since 2000-05-31
Posts 932
Colorado
4 posted 2000-09-09 01:24 PM

Dopey~
An inspirational poem in which I have found much pleasure reading.

Born under a lily,
But raised under the rose.
My thoughts are confinded,
And my mind enclosed.

I absolutely loved that stanza!! Keep 'em coming, I can't wait to read more!!
Love Always
~*~Jessica~*~
< !signature-->

If aLl My FrIeNdS JuMpEd OfF a BrIdGe, I WoUlDn'T JuMp WiTH ThEm BeCaUsE I'd Be At ThE bOtToM tO CaTcH ThEm.  

[This message has been edited by StarPryncess17 (edited 09-09-2000).]

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Gates

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary