navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » For all YOU people
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic For all YOU people Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico

0 posted 2000-09-06 06:00 PM

Yes well it seems that some of you like my work, and some of you are just not enlightened on just how versitile my stylez and forms of verse can be. So here is a poem written about 2yrs ago. Notice how all these poems are OLD.....none even close to what I have written now, but like i said, these are just preppz for you people....adios

Magical Thought:

Tis thee, my lord who hath convinced me
That I am nothing but a crinsky.
Flying with fairy's from magical lands
Developing into the molds of Gods own hands.
Talking to giants and little things too.
Thou hath convinced me that all this is true.

No questions in doubt, as if doubting was real.
O lord, assure me that this is not to conceal
A skim of your scam,
Yet a scam is so dim.
If this is a lie
Then the lie you must trim.

Yet faith in thee is all that is.
So I fly to the forest just to give
Rose pettles and a daisy
A thorn or two maybe
Pussy willows and such
Honey suckle isn't much.

All of these things for the majenta will
Even the spider on the window sill.
O lord, never tell me the truth of your wonderful tail
Fear of the mind and the mind to fail.
Nothing, O lord, can compare to this
So here I lay in this majestic bliss.

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

© Copyright 2000 Pepe de la Muerte - All Rights Reserved
Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
1 posted 2000-09-07 06:04 AM

Wonderful Dopey! You made me think this fine morning, that faith is a difficult concept. Yet, when we encounter the many sights daily, from inconsequential to grand ... how can we not believe? I enjoyed this ... very nicely penned!  

Best wishes,
/Kit

Sudhir Iyer
Member Ascendant
since 2000-04-26
Posts 6943
Mumbai, India : now in Belgium
2 posted 2000-09-07 06:35 AM

Mr. Dopey...

Your poetry is excellent.

But I have a very strong messsage for youy. Please do remember something. I am advicing you only because you are still in your early stages in life, barely spreading wings. I also know that you are not asking any advice, but then I like to involve myself in other person's affair if that helps that person. It also back fires sometimes, many times, maybe, but the happiness of things working out well crosses out the sad harsh moments.

I find useless pride, conceit and misdemeanour affecting you and your work. I have seen this not only here in this thread that says "Yes well it seems that some of you like my work, and some of you are just not enlightened on just how versitile my stylez and forms of verse can be. So here is a poem written about 2yrs ago. Notice how all these poems are OLD.....none even close to what I have written now, but like i said, these are just preppz for you people....adios"

Earlier I used to think that this was some prank/joke you are trying, but I read some of your posts and some of your replies also...

For your poetry, I can say that it is good. You write well, quite well, but far away from the best that I read here each day and the best that you can come up with too. If you venture into CA forum, I am sure there are great writers and better critics there who can exactly bring your false ego down to earth (only with the best intentions, of course, but you will learn a lot too). Please, in everybody else's interest, move over from the stance and desist from making such outrageous remarks.

Regards,
sudhir.

I put this here not to admonish you or to show how supposedly balanced I am, but also to the effrect that if other teens get inspired by your way of working around, they should slo know that there are others who might get offended.

Please understand my intentions are for the best.

If moderators feel it is required to cut out my response, it is okay. But for the benefit of this forum, where I visit often, if only to read what teens write, I find this out of line with the congeniality of the environment that we are creating here.

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
3 posted 2000-09-07 01:50 PM

Mr. Sudhir....I completely take what you have said into consideration. You are right! As odd as it may seem for me to fully and completely agree with you, I am. See, you have to understand that this egotistical view of my poetry is nothing but an act. I am trying to see what comes out of it. I doubt people would believe me, but I NEVER EVER in real life (my physical surroundings) say that I write good, or have good poems. You see, I am trying to gain as much wisdom as possible in life. Sure hey, im only 17, and I KNOW i have such a long way to go. I really appreciate what you've told me. I know there are so many great writers. I plan on being a writer as my carreer. Possibly a journalist of some sort and a poet on the side. I do know that I have so much more to learn about the ways of the mind and how to express myself onto a poem, but that is why I keep on writing. I write to fully gain as much knowledge of poetry as I can possibly achieve within my life time. You are older than me and obviously have experienced more, but mark my words, I have the drive to become great and far off into the future, may it be when i am 80....i will think to myself that I achieved a lot of wisdom and knowledge within life and self. So, your words were well taken. I hope to see you around the teen sector more.

< !signature-->

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

[This message has been edited by Dopey_Dope (edited 09-07-2000).]

Ron
Administrator
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-05-19
Posts 8669
Michigan, US
4 posted 2000-09-07 02:26 PM

It sounds to me as if you've already achieved as much or more wisdom than most. Nice response. Great goal!
Sudhir Iyer
Member Ascendant
since 2000-04-26
Posts 6943
Mumbai, India : now in Belgium
5 posted 2000-09-07 03:17 PM

Thank you so much for this positive attitude. I am sure that you will be favoured with more praises than many others for your attitude to life alone. I appreciate what you say here and I thank you for being you.

I hope to see you to grow to have a grand wise personality and feel that you will achieve much. I wish you the best in life... Carry on with your work and flourish.

Many regards,
sudhir

P.S. I will try to be around this area...  

[This message has been edited by Sudhir Iyer (edited 09-08-2000).]

MoonPrincess
since 2000-07-17
Posts 29
Wisconsin, USA
6 posted 2000-09-07 11:16 PM

Such a good poem!!! I'm impressed yet again... Looking forward to more of your work...
Love,
MoonPrincess

P.S.  What is a crinsky???

"Love begins with a smile,
grows with a kiss,
and ends with a tear."

StarPryncess17
since 2000-05-31
Posts 932
Colorado
7 posted 2000-09-08 10:59 AM

A wonderful piece you have shared with us. Muchas Gracias. I must say that I agree with Sudhir, but I am glad his words were well taken. Keep it up, and I hope to see more from you. (maybe a recent few too...?)
Love Always
~*~Jessica~*~
< !signature-->

If aLl My FrIeNdS JuMpEd OfF a BrIdGe, I WoUlDn'T JuMp WiTH ThEm BeCaUsE I'd Be At ThE bOtToM tO CaTcH ThEm.  

[This message has been edited by StarPryncess17 (edited 09-08-2000).]

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
8 posted 2000-09-08 06:26 PM

Hahahahaha its funny you ask what a crinsky is. I expected this before anything else, but it never came to be asked. Ok lemme start off by saying I MADE IT UP!!!!!! hahahaha...... i dont know, i just didnt feel like putting something that was existing. The whole poem is fantasy styled, so i made it up to go along with it. The character of the "crinsky" is in another poem of mine called The Big Picture of Things. But thats in my 4th wave which you will soon come to see in a bit of time, Maybe next week. Im still only posting my 3rd Batch......it'll be a while before anybody sees anything NEW or recent of mine. So thanks for the compliments BYE!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » For all YOU people

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary