navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » At fault
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic At fault Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
HerMelness
since 2000-07-12
Posts 37
Bridgewater, NS, Canada

0 posted 2000-09-02 09:01 PM

If you looked at me as he used to look, tears would spill from my horrified eyes as they saw visions of his stare.

If you held me as his arms used to hold, my body would shake with the anger of recalling his empty embrace.

If you spoke the words his lips used to speak, my mind would reel with the surpressed emotions he'd awoken.

It's impossible for you to be any less like him.
It's what I asked of you, what I wanted.

You're everything I could ever need, a perfection that echoes through my every thought.

Yet if you could bring back the feelings I used to own, the feelings only he could cause me to lose, perhaps I could find myself again..

-Wherever you go, go with all your heart.-

© Copyright 2000 Melanie - All Rights Reserved
StarPryncess17
since 2000-05-31
Posts 932
Colorado
1 posted 2000-09-02 09:18 PM

Nicely done Mel!! Keep it up! Love Always~*~Jessica~*~

~*~Why is it that love always
starts with a HuG
grows with a kIsS
and ends with a TeAr?!?~*~

Nikkisweet
since 2000-02-14
Posts 183
Tx, Dallas
2 posted 2000-09-02 10:32 PM

I'm not exatcly sure what this poem means.  I think it has to have somthing to do with the guy doing everything that the other guy didn't do and you remember him and what he did...am I close?  Good poem though.  I think that not understanding what they mean is the mystery of poetry...nicely done.

~Guys are like stars,
there are millions
of them, but only
one can make you dreams
come true~

Jenabou
since 2000-06-13
Posts 215
Oklahoma/Nova Scotia Canada/USA
3 posted 2000-09-03 10:03 AM

Well Mellis

another amazing poem,id wouldnt expect any less from you! it's kinda weird reading peoms by someone i know in real life on here!! It was wonderfully expressed
well done      

Love Ya Bunches
~Jen~

The world is like a mirror; frown at it, and it frowns at you. Smile and it smiles, too
Be kind,for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle

HerMelness
since 2000-07-12
Posts 37
Bridgewater, NS, Canada
4 posted 2000-09-03 03:58 PM

Thank you guys.. Nikki.. you're close. The poem reveals the confusion you're faced with when you have everything you want.. yet it's not enough. It's about the bond someone from your past can hold over you. I tried to show and not tell, adding to the mystery.. It may be a little too subjective.

-Wherever you go, go with all your heart.-

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » At fault

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary