navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Nasty Incandescent Stains
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic Nasty Incandescent Stains Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Deranger
since 2000-05-10
Posts 498
Somewhere, between here and there

0 posted 2000-08-31 11:13 PM

Nasty Incandescent Stains

When I’m alone, sometimes I sit and think,
What the heck is wrong with you?
And what the heck is in Mountain Dew©?

What do you think could make me glow?
And give me that smooth flow, just like you,
Just like crisp, green glowing Mountain Dew©.

You’re great after a hard day at school,
I don’t know how to live with out you.
(Just like a cold Mountain Dew®),

I can’t figure out how to get you out of my brains,
Or how to get out those nasty incandescent stains.

---------

This is part of the revolution! Let’s liven this place up a little.

----------------------
Spreading insanity, one post at a time

“Writing about darkness comes easily for me. I just close my eyes and write what I

© Copyright 2000 Alexander Crino - All Rights Reserved
DancinQueen
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-07-29
Posts 1092
Kokomo,IN,USA
1 posted 2000-09-01 12:01 PM

LOL well i must say that this is a one-of a kind. ive never read nor written a poem concerning a soft drink..but this was really good. I love you're unique poems. keep up the gr8 work!!  

~!*DQ*!~

"One fine day you'll look at me and know that love was meant to be"
~Carol King

Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
2 posted 2000-09-01 12:27 PM

Deranger~~~Now thanks to you...The people saying all this is about is love can change what they said...Cause I mean here you are writing a poem about a soda...This is good though...Keep up the good work!!!

~*~TrUe LoVe Is ThE cLoSeSt ThInG tO hEaVen~*~

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
3 posted 2000-09-01 10:55 PM

Hey deranger.....nice poem. I liked it a lot. Probably the best one i've read so far pertaining to this place. Hahaha it made me smile. I like that buddy  
Anyway, the revolution eh?....Did we start something? hahaha....well viva la revolucion!!!! Fuera la marina de Vieques!
Ok anyway...... You keep it up dude.... i have a few messed up poems, but..... i think its a bit too.... too well ---->  
for everybodies taste haha... you'd like them though. Anyway.... one is called "The fate of a Fat Cow"....the title speaks for itself. Hope to see your work more often. Adios!

I was born myself, raised myself, and will continue to be myself. The world will just have to adjust.

LoveBug
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Elite
since 2000-01-08
Posts 4697

4 posted 2000-09-01 11:47 PM

Nice change of pace. Keep it up!

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." -Oscar Wilde
"The robbed that smiles steals something from the thief" -Shakespea

Salooma
since 2000-01-28
Posts 781

5 posted 2000-09-02 12:47 PM

Way to change the mood around here! Thanks for the post Deranger....although I am not a fan of Mountain Dew. I perfer Pepsi  

Salma

Jacman
since 2000-06-27
Posts 291
Dwight Il, US
6 posted 2000-09-02 01:26 PM

I drink alot of mountain dew.  Interesting concept.  I like it.

jason

Just as soon as I belong, then it's time I disapear...
-Metallica-

AngelShell
since 2000-03-01
Posts 446
not heaven nor hell so...
7 posted 2000-09-03 01:49 AM

Hey Babe,
How are you going?
Well, nice to see that you're writting again, and if you have been writtng for a while and not sharing it with me then I'll be angry!!
So, this is a bit of a change from "Sign of the times".
BBL!!!!

Beautiful is empty
Beautiful is free
Beautiful loves no one
Beautiful stripped me
~Beautiful~
~Creed~

Isabel Galaxia
since 2000-06-18
Posts 733

8 posted 2000-09-03 03:32 PM

Hey man! Great poem, very funny. Lol!!  I love Mountain Dew, especailly diet!!!  keep it up
Bel

StarPryncess17
since 2000-05-31
Posts 932
Colorado
9 posted 2000-09-03 03:42 PM

Well I must say your title provoked something different in my mind than Mountain Dew, but it was great! Thanks for the laugh, I think I needed it today. (you should probably lay off all the altoids and mountain dew though, lots of sugars that I don't think you really need hehe  ) What a great change of pace though! Is it the revolutiuon!! hehee Love Always ~*~Jessica~*~

~*~If aLl My FrIeNdS JuMpEd OfF a BrIdGe, I WoUlDn'T JuMp WiTH ThEm BeCaUsE I'd Be At ThE bOtToM tO CaTcH ThEm.:)~*~

Deranger
since 2000-05-10
Posts 498
Somewhere, between here and there
10 posted 2000-09-03 10:57 PM

Well, yes I have to admit this is a little weird (Even for me!), but it was fun!  It seems there was something hidden deep within me that wanted to mean something else…I can’t really explain it, but if you look closer, I’m sure you’ll understand…

Thanks everybody…more strange stuff on the way.

*Clears throat*
Lalablahbananah.

---
Spreading insanity, one post at a time

“Writing about darkness comes easily for me. I just close my eyes and write what I

StarPryncess17
since 2000-05-31
Posts 932
Colorado
11 posted 2000-09-04 07:48 PM

ok so I have to admit that the first time I read this I was too busy laughing at the fact that you are so devoted to your Mountain Dew to find a deeper meaning. After reading it again however, you were right, I did find something deeper and it is so great that you could pull that off. Because had it been me, the message would have been completely confusing~ Thanks for the laughs but in all sincerity, the seriousness also. You're awesome dewd!!!!!! Love Always ~*~Jessica~*~

~*~If aLl My FrIeNdS JuMpEd OfF a BrIdGe, I WoUlDn'T JuMp WiTH ThEm BeCaUsE I'd Be At ThE bOtToM tO CaTcH ThEm.:)~*~

Pixie-Babe03
since 2000-08-29
Posts 387
Central Maine
12 posted 2000-09-04 08:10 PM

Deranger=-
Hmmm... what can i say??? that poem kicked serious backside!! You rock my worlkd in so many ways! your poetry is so great! Keep up the good work!!!!
Luv
~*Pixie*~

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » Nasty Incandescent Stains

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary