navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » My Worst Fear (An Idea From Lakewalker) PLEASE READ!!!
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic My Worst Fear (An Idea From Lakewalker) PLEASE READ!!! Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
thebeautybrat
since 2000-03-30
Posts 114
Florida

0 posted 2000-08-22 07:08 PM

A while ago i posted a request that people help me write a poem. Not many replied so it took me a while, but when i looked back at it i realized someone and replied and i didn't know. I read it and it sounded like a great idea for a poem!! It was a reply from Lakewalker. It was...

Lakewalker- Here's a boring idea for you (sorry, I was watching the Democratic Convention).  Write about a political issue that scares you.  Like the environment in your area, or not being in a good school.   Just a thought.  It's better than nothing isn't it?  Well, maybe not.  Ok, whatever you come up with, please post it soon!

Well when i read that i decided i would write about something i'm afraid of. Well...here goes.

I'm always afraid the worst will happen.
"Please don't let it happen to me!" I think.
I'm scared to walk onto a plane for fear of crash.
I won't get on a boat because it might sink.
I'm scared to walk alone at night,
Someone could kidnap or even shoot me.
I'm scared to be around second hand smoke.
I'm scared of STD's.
When i see people on drugs I try to stay away.
I don't like to play with fire.
Lightning send chills down my spine.
I don't hang around those electrical wires.
So much more makes me afraid.
I never tell anyone because i don't want to scare them too.
Not many know i feel this way.
But i really really do.
From the words i have said i bet you can tell,
I'm afraid of death, and leaving this place.
But one thing does scare me even more,
To lose a loved one and to look at their dead face.

This poem was not only written because someone gave me an idea. I think that deep inside I've been dying (heh, heard enough of that from me?) to write about this but i never realized it until Lakewalker gave me the idea. I hope this poem means something to all of you!! Thanks everyone!!

< !signature-->

Love is the greates feeling of all...but heartbreak is the worst feeling you can imagine.

[This message has been edited by thebeautybrat (edited 08-24-2000).]

© Copyright 2000 Leave it at (not telling) - All Rights Reserved
Erin
Member Elite
since 2000-06-15
Posts 2527
~Chicago~
1 posted 2000-08-22 07:16 PM

you know what this was one of the best poems that i have ever read...you know what i am also scared of alot of the things you are...like walking alone at night...i get this creepy feeling as if someone was following me...and i am deathly afraid of getting into car accidents (ive been in 1 to many)...but you did a good job with this one...

~*~TrUe LoVe Is ThE cLoSeSt ThInG tO hEaVen~*~

thebeautybrat
since 2000-03-30
Posts 114
Florida
2 posted 2000-08-22 07:20 PM

ERIN- thank you very much for your reply!! I'm glad someone can relate to your poem!! I'm very happy to hear that you think it's one of the best you've read!! Thanks again!!

Love is the greatest feeling of all...but heartbreak is the worst feeling you can imagine.

Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
3 posted 2000-08-22 07:45 PM

I think a lot of people can relate to this poem because everyone has fears inside of them.  It is extremly hard to lose a loved one.  I liked how you built up your fears and came to the final fear, death.  You expressed yourself very well with this one, I'm glad you found my words a little helpful   Keep writing great poetry!
LyricFetish
since 2000-01-13
Posts 528
North Carolina
4 posted 2000-08-22 11:14 PM

This is just straight up awesome! I know exactly what you're talking about here. And some of those things I have experienced, unfortunately. You've done a GREAT job! Be proud of yourself, you're cool.

*~Meredith~*

Somebody stop the world,
I want to get off!
*me

Lovely_Kris
since 2000-07-11
Posts 176

5 posted 2000-08-22 11:43 PM

Hi I like this poem because I know how you feel. I can relate to this poem. Thanks for posting this poem. keep up the great work.
Lovely_Kris

Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
6 posted 2000-08-23 07:22 AM

Great expression BeautyBrat! I've found the only way to get over some of these fears (and I've had some of these too) is being able to talk or write them out as you've done. By sharing your fears, you'll find you're certainly not alone, and that in itself, tends to make them less frightening!  

Best wishes,
/Kit

Salooma
since 2000-01-28
Posts 781

7 posted 2000-08-24 01:35 AM

very nice.....this was a wonderful idea....
maybe start something about fear...
but anyhow i really enhjoyed this...keep writing!

salooma

thebeautybrat
since 2000-03-30
Posts 114
Florida
8 posted 2000-08-24 08:58 PM

Lakewalker- thanks!! i'm glad you can realate. death is very painful emotionally and physically (well...most of the time) and i'm glad you gave me an idea that a lot of people can relate to!!

LyricFetish- thanks!! I never would have thought someone could call one of my poems awesome!! I guess I am proud of it now!! thank you!!

Lovely_Kris- thank YOU for posting your opinion!! I'll try and think of more to write!!

Kit- thank you for posting that!! I totally agree with you!!

Salooma- thank you for replying to my poem!! I will keep on writing because I keep getting such positive responses!!

Thank You Everyone!!< !signature-->

Love is the greatest feeling of all...but heartbreak is the worst feeling you can imagine.

[This message has been edited by thebeautybrat (edited 08-24-2000).]

ShUgArHiGh
since 2000-08-24
Posts 24

9 posted 2000-08-24 09:20 PM

This was an excellent poem!! This reminds me a lot of my friend, Good job!!!
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » My Worst Fear (An Idea From Lakewalker) PLEASE READ!!!

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary