navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » There She Is (I need advice, please respond)
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic There She Is (I need advice, please respond) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
jeremydraul
since 2000-08-01
Posts 1118
State of Despair

0 posted 2000-08-15 04:42 PM

Stepping on through, My eye meets yours,
My stomach churns, Do you like what you see?
Scared to talk to you, I turn and walk
Confusion sets in, Do you like me?

Not sure how to start, Or how it'll end
My mind is set on you, Do you feel the same?
Anxious and I await, For you to speak
Emptiness in your voice, Is this a game?

Not sure If I should dare, to open my mouth
Are you taken? Should I try to persue?
Questions wander, My body trembles with fear
How do I approach you, What do I do?

Do you feel the same? Do I exist?
Im blank with words, How do I compare?
Should I let you know? Do you want to know?
This crush kills me inside, Do you care?

---------------------------------------------
Give me some advice on this situation, I like this girl, we've never even talked before but theres something about her, Im not sure if shes singles, I think shes my age but I have no clue, I need to talk to her but I dont know how to approach her. All advice is welcome!
Thanks,
,._-=-~^* Jeremy *^~-=-_.,

© Copyright 2000 Jeremy Daniel Raulinaitis - All Rights Reserved
Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
1 posted 2000-08-15 04:53 PM

Here's the plan:
You:"Hey"
Her:"Hi"
You:"If I could rewrite the alphabet, I'd put U next to I"
Her:"I think I'm in love"
Sorry, a little humor for you there. Well, I guess the obvious answer is just go and talk to her (I know, I'm never much help)

Isabel Galaxia
since 2000-06-18
Posts 733

2 posted 2000-08-15 05:32 PM

Okay, first off, good poem, second, listen to my advice, but don't hold me to it okay?  Alright then, pleeeeease don't use any of the sick little pickup lines(no offense to Lakewalker of course).  If I were you, I'd find out some stuff about her- how old, what grade(if she hasn't graduated), if she's single, what she's like,etc.  You could talk to someone that knows her, or you could talk to her directly.  I, personally, wouldn't go up to someone that I didn't know and ask them out, but it seems to have worked with other people.  At least say hi to her.  That's about all I'll say for now...good luck!
Bel

Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
3 posted 2000-08-15 05:57 PM

My "sick little pickup line" up there was ment as a joke.  I agree with Bel, find out what you can about her.  Just start talking to her, to let her know you're interested.  I'm sure she'll tell you if she's taken.
jeremydraul
since 2000-08-01
Posts 1118
State of Despair
4 posted 2000-08-15 06:16 PM

Thanks for the advice, but, she doesnt live in the same town, I go to where she works a lot and I dont know anything about her, I guess I have to say hi or something, and start a conversation. thanks
Alwye
Member Elite
since 1999-06-16
Posts 3850
In the space between moments
5 posted 2000-08-15 11:30 PM

Ah, many of us have been in this situation. My advice is also to just start a conversation with her, get to know her.  You have nothing to loose, and possibly everything to gain.  

*Krista Knutson*

"You never lose by loving. You always lose by holding back."
-Barbara DeAngelis

Salooma
since 2000-01-28
Posts 781

6 posted 2000-08-16 12:30 PM

heyy....wow great poem as usual jeremy! wonderful.....sounds great about this girl...my advice since i know how hard it is to talk to someone let alone go right ahead and tell them you like em....i think you should start out as friends, just like you'd start talking to someoen you'd like to be friends with and then when you get to know her more...move on step by step....u never know!! good luck...talk to ya soon!!

Salooma

DancinQueen
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-07-29
Posts 1092
Kokomo,IN,USA
7 posted 2000-08-16 12:31 PM

Oh dont you HATE these siuations? But the only way to know all this stuff about her is to ask her. Unless shes a total B*TCH then she should talk to you or atleast let you get to know her. Ok i know what i want to ay but i dont know hwo to get it out lol OK WELL...just go up and say hi..anything can happen from there. You can get a good or bad vibe from just hello..so its in your hands   best of luck!

~!*DQ*!~
< !signature-->

"One fine day you'll look at me and know that love was meant to be"
~Carol King

[This message has been edited by DancinQueen (edited 08-16-2000).]

kimmy
since 2000-07-31
Posts 98

8 posted 2000-08-16 03:33 AM

my advice would be to say hello to her and if you know of anything that interests her strike up a converstaion about that, but i would talk to her becasue if you wait too long then the chance might slip by.
AndrewDL
since 2000-07-02
Posts 24
California
9 posted 2000-08-16 05:59 AM

hey lakewalker!!!

no offense or nothin, but the pick up ine goes like this:
"If I could rearrange the alphabet, I'd put U and I together."

Just a friendly reminder that even sick pickup lines can go wrong.

oh yeah, jeremy, follow everybody's advice that was posted here. i really can't say more than that. remember, its better to regret something that you've done, than to regret not ever doing it at all.

-Andrew
Trust too much, and you may be deceived, but trust too little and you will live in torment forever.

Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
10 posted 2000-08-16 10:17 AM

Andrew, I guess you're right   , but it doesn't sound horrible how I had it.  But alas, it was wrong.  And Jeremy: be sure to tell us how it goes!!
Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
11 posted 2000-08-16 10:33 AM

Just go to where she works at and just start a conversation.  Whatever fits the situation.  I don't think that is hard at all.  Just make believe that she's just some other girl and not the one you like -- that'll help a lot.  Don't try to find things out from someone else, it's better if you try to find out by asking her yourself --- that's what's gonna make your conversation longer instead of just hi and bye.  I don't know if I'm helping at all but don't hesitate at all if you do you wont do it. Just go in there and talk to her straight.

As i wake up in the morning I ask myself, "Is life worth living or should I blast myself" TUPAC SHAKUR

sweetcollege_girl
since 1999-12-03
Posts 872
just about where I want to be
12 posted 2000-08-16 12:06 PM

GOOD LUCK JEREMY!!! I'M ROOTIN' FOR YA!!!

:

stay cool (I mean that)

~~Lavada~~

"For every beauty, there is an eye somewhere to see it.
For every truth, there is an ear somewhere to hear it
For every love, there is a heart some

Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
13 posted 2000-08-16 10:30 PM

Let me tell you a little story Jeremy ... when I was about 17 (many moons ago), I really liked a guy who was working pumping gas at a gas station.  All summer, I'd always make sure I filled up there ... I even drove extra miles just to run out of gas quicker (had to pay my parents 10 cents a mile to use the car to boot, but I was desperate and that was a lot in my day, LOL). You know what?  By the time I finally got up my nerve to say "something" ... he quit the job, and I never saw him again.  Just say "hello" Jeremy, and be your own sweet, charming self, and take it from there ... at least you can say you tried right?  

Best wishes,
/Kit

*ChrisLover*
since 2000-08-02
Posts 46
erie, colo
14 posted 2000-08-17 02:13 AM

jeremy... hey well im not sure what advice to give ya ....... except.... never be shy or scared!! i think that what a girl hates the most!! and umm... i liked the poem alot!! you were great!!! and thanks for being such a sweetie and repling to my poems!! i really wish you the best!
love,
janette

Everything happens for a reason.. sometimes it's bad, but sometime it's good!! just remeber there's people out here who care!

Jeremy Halstead
since 2000-06-01
Posts 569
Morris, Ill. U.S.A
15 posted 2000-08-17 04:44 AM

If advice you need....advice have have for you.  First of all...you seem to know very little about this chick.  You should find out some little things about her...just ask around...her age, typical attitude, hooked up or not, that sort of thing.  If all that seems to fit alright, then you definatley need to approach her somehow.  I know that the butterflies and doubts can be really overwhelming, but just be cool.  Take on a mindset that it's not a big deal and yer just being social.  The more comfortable and cool you seem, the more she'll enjoy talking to you.  Also, rejection isn't the end of the world.  If it happens...oh, well...doo doo occures.  In a couple of months, another one will catch yer eye and you'll have another shot...trust me.

Jeremy

"Time is the matter, and in a matter of that all wounds will heal and all scars shall fade."

Crystalina123
since 2000-01-31
Posts 228

16 posted 2000-08-17 08:42 AM

Jeremy --
I think sick pick up lines are cute in a desperate sort of way, of course they don't kwork on me but I've seen them work  
Just walk up to her and say, "Hi, I'm Jeremy, what's your name" When she replies say, "So what do you do for fun?" Or something like that.
Just remember, the worst that can happen is she'll shoot you down. But think about it, right now you have no more of a chance with her than if she shot you down b/c you've never talked to her. Go for it man!!!

Crystal

Allysa
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
since 1999-11-09
Posts 1952
In an upside-down garden
17 posted 2000-08-17 09:38 AM

Hey! Nice poem! It's sweet. Let me see, about advice, hmmmm. I met this guy whose cousin lives across the street from my best bud and I didn't really want to talk to him because I liked him. Well, I just walked over there and said Hi, my name's Allysa, and he was like, Hi, I'm Justin and we got to talking and I asked him out and he said he didn't know, so I wrote him a poem and now I'm going out with him and he has the poem hanging on his wall. So I'd say go talk to her because she might've noticed u and she could really like you and once you get to know her better, you could have a beautiful relationship. ANd if after you talk to her you really like her, and you don't know how to ask her out or something, just write to her. Us girls love to get notes from guys. Why don't you ever write?
Allysa

Loves may seem forgotten, but the true will once shine through.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » There She Is (I need advice, please respond)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary