navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » !!!!!!A Whole NEW Forum Just for Teens!!!!!! All are Welcome!
Teen Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic !!!!!!A Whole NEW Forum Just for Teens!!!!!! All are Welcome! Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada

0 posted 2000-08-13 10:41 PM

A Whole NEW Forum Just for Teens - Teen Explorer!!!!

I wonder if you've heard the news,
   Another Forum's here!
A special place where Teens can post,
   And learn poetic flair!

It's dedicated to the Teens,
   It's special, just for you ...
A place where you can post a poem,
   To analyze ... it's true!

We've had a few requests of late,
   To help with style and form,
Or just some extra insight to
   Assist, advise, brainstorm.

So if you're stuck on how to start,
   Or how to end a line,
Or even if you want some help
   With rhythm and with rhyme ...

You'll find this is the place to go,
   Just post your poem right there,
And Craig and PDV will give,
   Advise beyond compare!

It's also a discussion board,
   Where poets can relate,
Expand their knowledge, learn some tricks,
   Hold classic poem debates.

So those of you who'd like to share
   A little something more,
We've called it "Teen Explorer",
   That's exactly what it's for!

*On the upper left corner of your screen, click on the "Main Forum" icon to take you to the full list of Forums. Then scroll down to "Teen Explorer". Click there, and review Craig's post entitled "What's a Teen Explorer?" and also Poet deVine's post entitled "TEENS!!! I need your posts".   These will explain the new forum in more detail.

EVERYONE is WELCOME!  So please, have a peek, drop in and say hello to Craig and Poet deVine.  Feel free to read the advice they have already begun helping others with, and most of all ... have FUN!!!

Best wishes,
/Kit

[This message has been edited by Kit McCallum (edited 08-13-2000).]

© Copyright 2000 Kit McCallum - All Rights Reserved
Alwye
Member Elite
since 1999-06-16
Posts 3850
In the space between moments
1 posted 2000-08-14 12:13 PM

Thanks for sharing the info Kit, I'm sure we all appreciate it!  

*Krista Knutson*

"You never lose by loving. You always lose by holding back."
-Barbara DeAngelis

MelissaL
since 2000-08-13
Posts 22
Joshua Tree, CA, US
2 posted 2000-08-14 03:01 AM

yea, thanks a bunch for the info. I will definatly check it out!

Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
3 posted 2000-08-14 02:28 PM

Well, I'm just writing to say that this is something you should defintely take advantage of if you want help on anything.  Craig's reply to my post really gave me some great ideas and it was extremly helpful.  If you have a poem you just can't get right,  something you want to learn, or something to debate, just post it there!

[This message has been edited by Lakewalker (edited 08-14-2000).]

Craig
since 1999-06-10
Posts 444

4 posted 2000-08-14 05:26 PM

Oops! Sorry my finger slipped on that darn submit button and accidentally bumped this up to the top.

(Can you really blame me? It’s the first time I’ve been described as ‘Very helpful’)  

Craig

Yes, I admit your general rule. That every poet is a fool:
But I myself may serve to show it. That every fool is not a poet.

Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
5 posted 2000-08-16 07:41 AM

This is great Craig ... I've been pointing a few individuals over as well, I'm enjoying your comments to everyone there!

Best wishes,
/Kit

Lakewalker
Member Elite
since 2000-08-05
Posts 3289
On the streets w/ people
6 posted 2000-08-16 07:04 PM

***Bump***
Salooma
since 2000-01-28
Posts 781

7 posted 2000-08-16 07:08 PM

This sounds awesome...I'll be there in a few!!

Salma

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
8 posted 2000-08-16 08:47 PM

Well, we have good start! I'd like to invite you all to stop by (sorry no snacks!) but we will have plenty of chats....keep in mind this is not CA..it's more an analysis of what your work means to you. So comeon over!
Elizabeth
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Ascendant
since 1999-06-07
Posts 6871
Minnesota
9 posted 2000-08-16 10:22 PM

Do you mean everyone everyone, or just the teen everyones?  

Elizabeth

Why ME???

Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
10 posted 2000-08-16 10:33 PM

Hmmmm, now that sounds like it needs a Poet deVine answer Elizabeth ... maybe you can post the question over in Teen Explorer so Craig and Sharon can respond, maybe others are curious too.  
Craig
since 1999-06-10
Posts 444

11 posted 2000-08-18 02:13 AM

Elizabeth

There’s no need to post in Teen Explorer to find me, I wander around reading almost everything at Passions.  

Sometimes I miss the odd post but in this case I was hoping to hold back on answering until the weekend. There were three good reasons (or what I thought were good at the time) The first was that I wanted to include an explanation about what WE thought Teen Explorer should be all about and it’s going to be Saturday before I can bump heads with Sharon on that. The second was that I wanted to include an invitation to the members here to ask for YOUR ideas, but that was reliant on the first ‘reason’ being posted to show the type of things we could do. The last reason was it would have been a good way to drag this post back to the top again.

Thinking about it I I’ve come to the conclusion that I can answer your question and still do all of the above later, so here’s your answer.

Most assuredly and resoundingly YES, Teen Explorer won’t work unless there are some adult members willing to offer advice in the form of replies. I wouldn’t be lying if I said that it would be a major blow to the idea behind the forum if the only adults participating were Sharon and myself.

Adults posting poems in Teen Explorer is another thing altogether. The underlying reason for Teen Explorer was to offer a place where Teens could swap ideas and garner snippets of knowledge regarding poetry from other members, including adults, that isn’t to say that adults can’t post poetry. If there is some trick, device, form or poetic concept that an adult wants to get across then an example is an excellent way of doing that, all they need to do is include the reasons why they’re posting it along with the poem.

I hope this answers your question Elizabeth, the bad news is this was me being brief!

Craig
< !signature-->

Yes, I admit your general rule. That every poet is a fool:
But I myself may serve to show it. That every fool is not a poet.

[This message has been edited by Craig (edited 08-18-2000).]

StarPryncess17
since 2000-05-31
Posts 932
Colorado
12 posted 2000-08-18 05:11 PM

An excellent idea indeed. When I lose this lil tag along called "writer's block" I too shall venture over there...

~*~Why is it that love always
starts with a HuG
grows with a kIsS
and ends with a TeAr?!?~*~

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #3 » !!!!!!A Whole NEW Forum Just for Teens!!!!!! All are Welcome!

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary