navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #2 » Darkness II
Dark Poetry #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic Darkness II Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Hardrock
since 2000-02-14
Posts 948
New Hampshire, USA

0 posted 2000-07-12 02:37 PM

Darkness II

To all who have commented and written to ask if my soul is really as dark as portrayed in "You wanna talk darkness…", thank you for your genuine concern for me. But to be honest, my soul is NOT that dark.

In fact, it is much darker...it is a kind of darkness that chokes the screams in your throat, flays the flesh from your bones, rips your bowels from your stomach and sucks the air from your lungs.  It fills your nostrils with the stench of an evil beyond comprehension, abrades your eyeballs with the diamond dust of hate, fills your mouth with dry putrid bitterness and rips your nerves with the voltage of rage.  It is a darkness of unbridled fury, rampaging destruction, cataclysmic proportions.  It is a fiery, searing, singeing, scorching darkness, where nothing lives, not even the ashes of your bones to betray your presence.  It is the destructor of all good, all light, all love, all life.  It is a darkness rejected by death itself.  THIS, good people, is my soul.  THIS, is my penance for past deeds unpunished.  THIS, is what resides in me.   And, not even the eyes of God himself can pierce this darkness.  It is mine….and mine alone.  So it is….so shall it ever be.

But lest you think of me as being totally evil incarnate, remember that it is my BEING that walks in light, smells the roses, stops to wipe a tear from the eye of some child crying over some trifle now long forgotten.  It is my BEING that makes me feel your pain, that cries for the lost, comforts the sick and dying, that gathers the poor animals of the world into the shelter of my arms.  It is my BEING that says "I love you" to the world.  It is my BEING that says, "I care".  It is my BEING that makes me ME.

Enjoy my BEING…..look not into my soul….or you will look no more at anything.

Hardrock

[This message has been edited by Hardrock (edited 07-12-2000).]

© Copyright 2000 Marv Hardin - All Rights Reserved
allan
since 2000-04-09
Posts 620
On the road
1 posted 2000-07-12 02:41 PM

Hardrock, you really crack me up!    

keep up the good work!

Allan

Deborah1
since 2000-06-22
Posts 653
New Hampshire
2 posted 2000-07-12 02:53 PM

Hardrock, I swear I had to put my seatbelt on!!...Incredible writing, absolutely remarkable, AND I enjoy your BEING to the fullest!! May you ALWAYS stay for a long......time!!! Deb1
catalinamoon
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-03
Posts 9543
The Shores of Alone
3 posted 2000-07-12 05:02 PM

As everyone else has said, that was some intense writing. And I think your being is one of the best.. But...I lay odds your soul is too.
Don't argue with me about this...
Sandra

"If a man moves you to feel like a woman,
the least you can do is let him."
Merrit Malloy

Jamie
Member Elite
since 2000-06-26
Posts 3168
Blue Heaven
4 posted 2000-07-12 06:55 PM

perhaps you just need to visit an optometrist

Your eye is the lamp of your body; when your eye is sound, your whole body is full of light; but when it is not sound, your body is full of darkness.----keep up the good work..

Jamie

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito. - Virgil.
"Yield thou not to adversity, but press on the more bravely".

SpitFire
Member Elite
since 2000-04-19
Posts 2396

5 posted 2000-07-12 07:36 PM

~Alright you,...now I'M SHAKING and need MY hand held.  WHOA!!! This is wicked pissa!!! (hehe).  I enjoy your being as well.  . *Whew*,...this left me exhausted. Take care. Really take care. *Peace.
Wren
since 2000-07-05
Posts 312

6 posted 2000-07-12 07:48 PM

I'm sorry, but you're STILL not convincing me. No offense, but I can't belive you. Why? Cuz I'm the antichrist, that's why! Can't get any darker than that, can you? I diden't think so.
-Wren
P.S.- This message is all in good fun  

The thread of destiny
Unknown by anyone
Unseen by anyone
Winds around your heart
Moist with tears
-Vampire Princess Miyu Theme

**STAR**
since 2000-07-10
Posts 26
San Diego, Ca.
7 posted 2000-07-12 11:08 PM

AAAHHH what a rush!!  Love it.  Very Intense and graphic.

From the Being to the soul let them keep eachother in check.  Let no man set either loose.  

insect
since 2000-04-22
Posts 1014

8 posted 2000-07-13 01:03 AM

Excellent keep going!
Thanks for the read.

kynder
since 2000-04-11
Posts 537
Tallahassee, Florida
9 posted 2000-07-13 01:31 AM

then if your soul is so dark even God can't pierce thru it, how can you preach His love?  how can you tell others to hang on, that they are His chosen, when you don't believe it yourself that He can erase it all??  practice what you preach, my forgiven brother.

kynder

Across the gateway of my heart,
I wrote "No Thoroughfare!!"
But love came laughing by and
Cried "I enter everywhere!!!"

Herbert Shipman

lotharingia
since 2000-06-04
Posts 897
saarbruecken, Germany
10 posted 2000-07-13 05:17 AM

This one made me cry! *sniff*
I'm afraid the contradictions are too vast for me to fathom.
If your soul is blacker than "Hell", how can you be such a lovely person?
Maybe your past is black, but not your present or your future.
Maybe the blackness in that past has changed into a light so bright we all have to wear shades?!
Anyway, you needn’t worry, because I’m sure everyone here only sees what you call your BEING. And we all love it (well, I do, and I’m convinced I’m not alone!)    

Lotharingia
"For God's sake, he's a poet. Poets are meant to feel miserable. Otherwise, what the hell are they here for? What are they going to write about?"
Tom Holland

Jeremiah Johnson
since 2000-06-08
Posts 1223
Brooksville, Fl, U.S
11 posted 2000-07-14 12:48 PM

alright ten to one odds hardrock my soul is darker than yours. lets make it a contest i'll email you about it. this is very good by the way enjoyed it much.

I'm a dying romantic and when i can no longer write i can no longer live -Jeremiah Johnson-

Click
since 2000-06-11
Posts 202
USA
12 posted 2000-07-15 11:46 PM

Good write.....This is the demon I fight in myself!!! I know the strength and power of this emotion! Funny how the sun still shines even as a heart breaks upon its own dark path.
  And we can stll enjoy the beauty with a nostalgic eye.
      Thanx!

Click

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #2 » Darkness II

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary