navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #2 » Amber Gold
Dark Poetry #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic Amber Gold Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
G. A. Webb
since 2000-01-21
Posts 441
Stanton, California, USA

0 posted 2000-07-06 12:44 PM

I contemplate just where to start
Do I take a risk, show her my heart
Do I open up, should I be so bold
For a chance to be with Amber gold

What should I do, what can I say
To show her how she brightens my day
I am reminded of some tales of old
When thinking of love for Amber gold

Beauty beams from her radiant smile
Which captivates me all the while
I’ll be her fire when she gets cold
And I know I would cherish sweet Amber gold

When she appears within my sight
It fills my soul with pure delight
Although my spirit’s been bought and sold
I can’t stop thinking of Amber gold

G. A. Webb

Regret not that which you have done,
Rather that which you haven't

© Copyright 2000 G. A. Webb - All Rights Reserved
Rex
since 2000-06-29
Posts 482
Houston, Texas
1 posted 2000-07-06 01:13 PM

Very, very nice. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.  Go for it!!

Poetry is the spontaneous overflow of powerful feelings: it takes its origin from emotion recollected in tranquility.

-William Wordsworth-

lotharingia
since 2000-06-04
Posts 897
saarbruecken, Germany
2 posted 2000-07-06 02:05 PM

lovely poem. I agree with rex, go for it, or you'll regret it. BTW very revealing picture  

Lotharingia
"For God's sake, he's a poet. Poets are meant to feel miserable. Otherwise, what the hell are they here for? What are they going to write about?"
Tom Holland

G. A. Webb
since 2000-01-21
Posts 441
Stanton, California, USA
3 posted 2000-07-06 07:28 PM

Rex: Thanks, I think I will, but I'm not sure how she'll react when I give this to her. Wish me luck!  

lotharingia: Thank, as I said, I think I will, but I could use all the luck I can get. And thanks for the compliment (I think) on my pic.  

G

SpitFire
Member Elite
since 2000-04-19
Posts 2396

4 posted 2000-07-06 08:39 PM

~Hiya G. Definately voting for this one.  Aaww,...how could she not atleast like this and appreciate you for thinking and expressing it. Anyway,...glad to hear you'll give it a shot. I'll send luck? your way. hehe. Take a deep breath,...and slip it under her door. haha.  But,...stay there for when she opens it. Oh,...after the bringing up of your pic,...I finally realized that there are people in it. haha....no seriously, I swear,...all this time I thought it was just some graphic or something. haha....so, I clicked on it and it made it bigger....I seeeee youuuu. haha. Take care. *Peace.
lotharingia
since 2000-06-04
Posts 897
saarbruecken, Germany
5 posted 2000-07-07 04:42 AM

I agree with Spitfire. No one can remain cold when given such a poem!

Lotharingia
"For God's sake, he's a poet. Poets are meant to feel miserable. Otherwise, what the hell are they here for? What are they going to write about?"
Tom Holland

Irish Rose
Member Patricius
since 2000-04-06
Posts 10263

6 posted 2000-07-07 09:57 AM

I would be proud if someone had written this for me. She should be too. It's lovely.

Kathleen

G. A. Webb
since 2000-01-21
Posts 441
Stanton, California, USA
7 posted 2000-07-07 01:26 PM

Thank you all for the encouragement!  

Here's an update: I took the 2 poems I wrote for Amber as well as one that I wrote for her roommate. They both asked me to write something for them, so I did. The other one I wrote for Amber was already posted called Questions For Amber and the one I wrote for Alison (Amber's roommate) I'll post after replying here. Alison's is more like advice coming from a "big brother" figure and I told her to take it as such. Alison took both envelopes and said she'd put Amber's in her room. I saw Alison later and she said that she loved my poem and that it made her day. I haven't seen Amber yet, so the jury is still out on that one. We'll see, I'll keep me fingers crossed.

Once again, thank you all! I really appreciate your votes of confidence. Take care gang!  

G

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #2 » Amber Gold

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary