navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #2 » You wanna talk Darkness?
Dark Poetry #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic You wanna talk Darkness? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Hardrock
since 2000-02-14
Posts 948
New Hampshire, USA

0 posted 2000-07-04 05:32 PM

Darkness

You wanna talk darkness?
Step into my soul,
A place so dark the devil himself never ventures forth without a torch.
A place so dark even evil fights a never ending struggle to escape.
A place so dark, even the Great Creator dares not look upon it.
A black hole of emotion, sucking everything into it,
Vacuuming the universe, pulling light, love, hope, joy, passion into
A swirling, bottomless abyss.

You wanna talk loneliness?

Look into my heart.

Marv Hardin  07/04/00

© Copyright 2000 Marv Hardin - All Rights Reserved
catalinamoon
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-03
Posts 9543
The Shores of Alone
1 posted 2000-07-04 05:36 PM

Nope, I just don't believe it. Theres lots of light and good in you..
But of course, very moving poem, and I can relate to those times of feeling so black and terrible.

"If a man moves you to feel like a woman,
the least you can do is let him."
Merrit Malloy

SpitFire
Member Elite
since 2000-04-19
Posts 2396

2 posted 2000-07-04 07:09 PM

~Hey Rocky (haha) what's up?  You know why I like this poem so much?....I'll tell ya.  It seems like it just came to you.  Like fell out of your head.  That I like.  Not that you feel darkness of course, but the way that it was written.  Your choice of words and the subject itself is interesting to me.  So,....Great job.  Love the vaccuuming part. Take care.  *Oh yeah,...BTW, stay off the lawn. haha. *Peace.
Dark_kisses_Within
since 2000-03-21
Posts 680
Kansas
3 posted 2000-07-04 07:19 PM

Whoaaaaaaaaaa Hardrock!!  Now lets talk about this darkness...... I believe there are many forms of darkness as there are many forms of being in the light.  Different levels as in the deepness we tend to go.  Tell ya what........... I am holding out my hand to you.... grab hold and I shall pull you into the upper level of darkness.  No its not full of light either, yet it sure is ONE step UP eh?  

Peace

(great poem BTW)

Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland
4 posted 2000-07-04 07:27 PM

Hardrock, we all have darkness hiding just under the surface. The secret is not to let it surface to often.  But I DO NOT believe you are mainly dark hon, I have some sensitive, caring stuff come from your pen too!!    

I'll tell you this...... No eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn.....
~Isis~
(Goddess - Sovereign of the Spirit)

Jamie
Member Elite
since 2000-06-26
Posts 3168
Blue Heaven
5 posted 2000-07-05 12:20 PM

Ever wonder what happens to the light that is  swallowed by a black hole??
Anyway,,I have read your poems,,, your lite will shine again.
in case you miss it-- 5-7-5 denotes the poem is in the Haiku form.< !signature-->

Jamie

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito. - Virgil.
"Yield thou not to adversity, but press on the more bravely".  

[This message has been edited by Prometheus (edited 07-05-2000).]

Jeremiah Johnson
since 2000-06-08
Posts 1223
Brooksville, Fl, U.S
6 posted 2000-07-05 12:36 PM

hardrock this is another great piece of work from you i enjoy it very much and hope to see more and your not that dark just trying to teach me a lesson i think. LOL enjoyed this much.
P.S when i move to south carolina it will be in Lexington how close do you live to there?

I'm a dying romantic and when i can no longer write i can no longer live -Jeremiah Johnson-

lotharingia
since 2000-06-04
Posts 897
saarbruecken, Germany
7 posted 2000-07-05 05:29 AM

Oh wow, Marvin, this one is soooooooo good! What desolation!
I am overwhelmed!
Speechless!
Agape!

Lotharingia
"For God's sake, he's a poet. Poets are meant to feel miserable. Otherwise, what the hell are they here for? What are they going to write about?"
Tom Holland

Irish Rose
Member Patricius
since 2000-04-06
Posts 10263

8 posted 2000-07-05 07:31 AM

I believe darkness and loneliness are shadowy companions. They live together. I've never known one without the other.
Well written piece

Kathleen

Deborah1
since 2000-06-22
Posts 653
New Hampshire
9 posted 2000-07-05 08:07 AM

Hardrock, your responses here bring forth much light and I love how you express yourself. so for those dark moments let us here at Passions in..we will be your light...
kynder
since 2000-04-11
Posts 537
Tallahassee, Florida
10 posted 2000-07-12 01:02 AM

a lonely heart beats the same as a loved one. it is just alone.  that is the hard part.  good work firmboulder.     

kynder

Across the gateway of my heart,
I wrote "No Thoroughfare!!"
But love came laughing by and
Cried "I enter everywhere!!!"

Herbert Shipman

Wren
since 2000-07-05
Posts 312

11 posted 2000-07-12 12:15 PM

Bad day?
As good as that poem was, I don't belive your soul is a horrible pit of darkness and dispair......quite the contrary! Keep your chin up! Everyone feels that way sometimes! (I do alot, if you want to name names)Try to find the goodness and light that lives inside your heart....everyone has it! (ask your friends...usually others see the good things about you that you yourself overlook!)
About that poem- that was increadibly good! I loved the way you portrayed your soul as a place so dark that Saten himself needed a tourch to look around! Great images!
But back to you- keep using your bad days to create wonderful poems such as these!
-Wren

The thread of destiny
Unknown by anyone
Unseen by anyone
Winds around your heart
Moist with tears
-Vampire Princess Miyu Theme

allan
since 2000-04-09
Posts 620
On the road
12 posted 2000-07-12 12:51 PM

Wow! Depressed as I am at the moment Hardrock - your poem made me feel as if I was positively glowing compared to the state you describe! (Is there such a state? 'Sounds like a Super Anti-Hero Destroyer of Universes-type state! It can't be how you really feel.... is it? If so you've managed to get my self-pitying attention off of me and into worrying about you!)

Take care...

Allan

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #2 » You wanna talk Darkness?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary