navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #2 » Tainted Ship of Friend
Dark Poetry #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic Tainted Ship of Friend Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
SpitFire
Member Elite
since 2000-04-19
Posts 2396

0 posted 2000-07-01 06:26 PM

Tainted Ship of Friend

I don't want to know you,
I don't want to be in your circle.
Your false realities and smiles
that burn my insides.
I don't need your acceptance,
your tainted ship of friend.
Your false ideals, and wretched laugh,
your fancy things that prove nothing.
I don't want to know you.
I don't want to be in your circle.
Your dirty eyes and posing thoughts,
your fancy walk and fake dreams,
your saddness on the inside.
I don't need your stamp of approval,
your tainted ship of friend.

[This message has been edited by SpitFire (edited 07-01-2000).]

© Copyright 2000 SpitFire - All Rights Reserved
brian madden
Member Elite
since 2000-05-06
Posts 4374
ireland
1 posted 2000-07-01 06:40 PM

Burn that ship. amen to that. Totally relate that poem, I know what it is like to have fake friends, they trip you up at first chance they get. Thank god for my two closest friends, I don't need a large group of people. Two people who I can trust with my life...what more can I ask for. excellent poem.

A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral. Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

catalinamoon
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-03
Posts 9543
The Shores of Alone
2 posted 2000-07-01 06:56 PM

Wow, what a great way to describe the people that betray us. So many are false friends, so we have to treasure the true ones.
Cat

Jeremiah Johnson
since 2000-06-08
Posts 1223
Brooksville, Fl, U.S
3 posted 2000-07-01 10:24 PM

oh yes i do agree two faces do suck. this is a great way to describe them thanks for posting.

I'm a dying romantic and when i can no longer write i can no longer live -Jeremiah Johnson-

Hardrock
since 2000-02-14
Posts 948
New Hampshire, USA
4 posted 2000-07-01 10:37 PM

Excellent SF....that's telling 'em!!  Really, really enjoyed this.  Hardrock
insect
since 2000-04-22
Posts 1014

5 posted 2000-07-03 03:47 PM

Wow! Your poems so strong!
See you at the top!
Pavement Surfer!

Joel the wolf
since 2000-04-06
Posts 1333
Angels Camp
6 posted 2000-07-03 10:03 PM

Yes kid I really like this one it shows so much strength to ?? cast ashore by your self, and not take that ship.
love ya kid.

Joel.

I howl a mournful song, that echos within my chambered heart, for all to read? nay for all to feel.

lotharingia
since 2000-06-04
Posts 897
saarbruecken, Germany
7 posted 2000-07-04 05:42 AM

I don't know how often I've thought these thoughts, Spitfire, and thanks for putting them into words! Unfortunately we usually only discover that our friends are false when we have already given them too much!

Lotharingia
"For God's sake, he's a poet. Poets are meant to feel miserable. Otherwise, what the hell are they here for? What are they going to write about?"
Tom Holland

lotharingia
since 2000-06-04
Posts 897
saarbruecken, Germany
8 posted 2000-07-04 05:43 AM

I don't know how often I've thought these thoughts, Spitfire, and thanks for putting them into words! Unfortunately we usually only discover that our friends are false when we have already given them too much!

Lotharingia
"For God's sake, he's a poet. Poets are meant to feel miserable. Otherwise, what the hell are they here for? What are they going to write about?"
Tom Holland

Lone Wolf
Member Ascendant
since 2000-03-16
Posts 5842
Lansing, MI USA
9 posted 2000-07-05 10:29 PM

SF,

Powerful words here...wow!!  Very dark indeed.  In time, a leopard will always show his spots.  So true.  Take care.  Hugs to you.

LW

Poetry is the spontaneous overflow of powerful feelings: it takes its origin from emotion recollected in tranquility.
--William Wordsworth

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #2 » Tainted Ship of Friend

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary