navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #2 » Another Depressing Birthday
Dark Poetry #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic Another Depressing Birthday Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
**Tammy**
since 2000-06-05
Posts 14

0 posted 2000-06-29 11:41 PM

Here I am again,
my birthday, June 29
nothing big, just another year closer to death thank god. just sitting here waiting to die is a sad picture. but what is even sadder is the fact
that i am 17 today  and already wanting to die.

© Copyright 2000 **Tammy** - All Rights Reserved
Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
1 posted 2000-06-30 01:06 AM

Suicide is not something I've ever contemplated. But I am familiar with it. My brother-in-law took a shotgun and put it in his mouth and killed himself. My sister and his 3 kids were in therapy for a long time trying to find out why he would do that.

So tell me, what is it about your life at 17 that is unbearable?  I'm on ICQ or email if you want to contact me.

Jeremiah Johnson
since 2000-06-08
Posts 1223
Brooksville, Fl, U.S
2 posted 2000-06-30 02:08 AM

i feel this way also i am 17 teen as well so if you want to talk you can email me maybe we have alot in common and can help each other. ok

I'm a dying romantic and when i can no longer write i can no longer live -Jeremiah Johnson-

catalinamoon
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-03
Posts 9543
The Shores of Alone
3 posted 2000-06-30 08:18 AM

Tammy, I have to ask you to listen to a little advice from a much older woman. I have had leanings toward depression all my life, but the years between 16-18 were by far the worst. There are SO MANY wonderful things to come for you in the future. And yes, there will be bad times too. But to have missed those good times would really be a sad loss. My daughters close friend from high school last week attempted suicide. She is 26. Beautiful and popular. Now she is on life support and never will she be Tina again. This breaks our hearts. This is never a happy alternative.  So enough of that, I am supposed to be cheerful here..But honestly, regarding birthdays, I think it is the rare and lucky few who have good ones. Most of us have unfulfilled expectations or disappointment. It's a set up for a bad day.I think I am still wondering where my big surprise party was for my 30th. And that was a good long time ago... And just imagine how lovely it is to be getting OLD too. Yuck! I can see that you have very deep feelings, and as a writer, you will be able to express your thoughts, and it will always help you. Don't give it up like I did for many years.
Anyway, Peace, and try to smile.
Catalinamoon

lotharingia
since 2000-06-04
Posts 897
saarbruecken, Germany
4 posted 2000-06-30 08:19 AM

This is pretty distubing! Please feel free to email me too, if you need to talk. I've felt this way often too, but what helps me is to look at all the beauty of the world, and think about how lucky I am to be here.

Take care!

Lotharingia
"For God's sake, he's a poet. Poets are meant to feel miserable. Otherwise, what the hell are they here for? What are they going to write about?"
Tom Holland

taramw
since 2000-06-08
Posts 738

5 posted 2000-06-30 08:27 AM

Tammy, I too wish to add my support here.  A couple of my friends died from their own hand... and I believe that in another life somewhere they are wondering why they did that to themselves... it truly wasn't worth it...

Truly, life (living) is just so much more preferable.  

Tammy, if you feel the need you can email me at anytime - or I am on AOL (IM).

Hardrock
since 2000-02-14
Posts 948
New Hampshire, USA
6 posted 2000-06-30 08:54 AM

Tammy....I have a birthday everyday, just because I'm glad to be alive.  A birthday is nothing more than a milestone in time.  Some use it as a stepping stone to elevate themselves out of the darkness....others see it as a stumbling block over which they trip and fall in their life's journey.  The great thing is:  The choice is yours, so long as you remain alive to make it.  I do 6-8 lectures a year on suicide....I have a closer understanding of it than most people (I won't go into details here)...so if you want to talk about it, or anything for that matter, just e-mail me.  Never choose a permanent solution to solve a temporary problem.  I care...I really do.  Hardrock
Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
7 posted 2000-06-30 11:06 AM

Tammy,

What things have you been thru for you to feel like you just wanna leave this world?  Just remember what other people go thru in their lives too,  some even far more worse than you.  And they are still here in this world.  This is what makes people strong, the will to live no matter what.  I know you're not commiting suicide cause in your poem i feel like you're just waiting for death t arive.  Live your life to the fullest.  You don't know what's in store for you in the future.  You are only 17 and believe me there's more to life than what you've already been thru.  If you wanna talk about it with someone, i'll be here.  BE STRONG

Deborah1
since 2000-06-22
Posts 653
New Hampshire
8 posted 2000-06-30 03:08 PM

Tammy.
Behind every closed door a new one will open, I want you to try and find something to believe in because Im sure you are loved and needed. Please consider this, there is nothing more precious than life, and once we get through the pain we really can become stronger. I too have lost people to suicide, and there is another way. Feel free to e-mail me anytime to chat, My blessings to you, (((hugs)))) Deborah1

allan
since 2000-04-09
Posts 620
On the road
9 posted 2000-06-30 04:53 PM

I've had the same feelings as you a lot recently. It feels horrible. I feel like that right now in fact. I think MORE and MORE people are being badly affected by a world that seems to be run more and more by business men.

Somehow peoples roots are disappearing from under them.

But I know from the past when I've felt like this that if I get through it there WILL be good stuff again as catalinamoon said.

As with the others feel free to email me...

Allan

Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland
10 posted 2000-06-30 07:16 PM

Oh hon 17 is on the crossroads or threshold of the best years of your life.  There is a well known song in Australia.. 'Wish I was 17 again!'  For those years are truly the wonder years.
We all get depressed from time to time, myself included, but being around 33 years in July I have learnt a few things, YOU have to make the myths and legends and stories of your life, they will never happen if you just sit around waiting for them.  Get out there, find something you love, learn more about it, and before you know it you have new friends with similar interests.
You don't want to miss out on lover, marriage and kids, having a child is the greatest gift any person can receive.
CatalinaMoon's advice was good too.
If you wanna talk hon I'm on icq or email me.
You don't HAVE to be sad and feel this way, YOU must be the change you want to see in your life.. *hugs*

I'll tell you this...... No eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn.....
~Isis~
(Goddess - Sovereign of the Spirit)

Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland
11 posted 2000-06-30 07:21 PM

P.S.  I too find birthdays are usually a let down.  I am 33 next month and never had a surprise party! etc.  It is merely a time span to measure our life, it is up to us to make our birthday special not rely on others to do so.  I wait and hope every birthday too, though I know I shouldn't, and it is a let down.  The only good birthday I had in the last 8 years since being married is the one where I won $500 odd at the pokies where we were having a small birthday lunch.
All you should hope for is friends and family to genuinely wish you a Happy Birthday.
I will do it now, know I am late but HAPPY BIRTHDAY HON!!!!!  

I'll tell you this...... No eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn.....
~Isis~

Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland
12 posted 2000-06-30 07:30 PM

P.S.S.  Check your email hon  

~Isis~

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #2 » Another Depressing Birthday

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary