navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #2 » Return
Dark Poetry #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic Return Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Rex
since 2000-06-29
Posts 482
Houston, Texas

0 posted 2000-06-29 01:42 PM

Why do you come back to me in dreams?  Isn't it enough that I should build what new structures I may and house myself in some chosen solitude where ghosts may not intrude nor memories remain?  Why do you come in the restful night to take my hand and lead me into byways that once I knew, and bring back in your returning, the phantoms of those infinite things that I have loved?  Before the echo of your last footfall ceased to sound, I knew that with your departure had gone, too, the essence of emotions that were part of me.  Time found it best that you should cast them, one by one, to the restless, unreturning winds; nor could I call back into pulsing life, so much as one.  The love of beauty; of rampant color, and the ebonies of enshrouding night.  Of deathless poems long sung, or birthless ones sealed close within a helpless heart; and the stirring of music that calls from slumber some deep unknown desire.  Ambition, and the companionship of sharing that makes sorrow bearable, and understanding a benediction.  The easement of solitude, the light enjoyments of living, and the eager spontaneity of laughter.  Appreciation, and the serenity of green hills straying to meet a distant sky.  The sweet triviality of a tiny flower offering its perfection to those who will, and Hope, and even Prayer.  Why do you come to me now, in shadowy insubstance, and lay them once more as shades in empty hands?  And why, in departing, touch my cheek in tenderness until the dearness of that lost caress awakens me, and I must go forth again?  Is it not enough that you have chosen?

One should not disturb the dreamless dead.

© Copyright 2000 Rex E. Alford - All Rights Reserved
Hardrock
since 2000-02-14
Posts 948
New Hampshire, USA
1 posted 2000-06-29 02:24 PM

Rex.....excellent work here.  Exceptional use of language, structure, phrasing to produce a truly wonderful piece.  Hardrock
SpitFire
Member Elite
since 2000-04-19
Posts 2396

2 posted 2000-06-29 02:56 PM

~Rex,...I must agree with Hardrock on the use of language. Definately made this poem as superb as it is.  What a great read.  Truly. It's message aches, but it was so beautifully written.  I am impressed with your first post,...do keep at it. Take care. Oh, and Welcome here. *Peace.
catalinamoon
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-03
Posts 9543
The Shores of Alone
3 posted 2000-06-29 02:59 PM

Hi Rex, that was an incredible work,and a feeling I have known.
Loved it. Welcome to Passions
Catalinamoon

AniKay83
since 2000-06-28
Posts 388
Missing Since 1999
4 posted 2000-06-29 07:16 PM

I'm with everyone else, beautiful language. It made me sigh...

"Oh, how can you hold my hand so tight,
When weren't you the one making me cry last night?
If I had not fought back and just sighed,
Would you still found it so easy to make me cry?"

"I'm sorry for telling u love was unnecessary... making u lose ur way. I'm sure I'll be as sad as u feel."
~Touch and Go

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
5 posted 2000-06-29 08:04 PM

Rex!!! You went post happy I see! Enthusiasm is great, but you'll get a better chance of being read if you limit your posts at one time...if some of those that you posted today don't get read because we're all really busy, please don't feel bad, we'll go back and catch them soon. Welcome to passions! Interesting poem...though I like the 'format' poem, this is well done. Please check your email for a special welcome!  
Jeremiah Johnson
since 2000-06-08
Posts 1223
Brooksville, Fl, U.S
6 posted 2000-06-30 12:38 PM

great work love it. i see most of your work is short then you hit me with this and this is even great see i can't write long poems that great.

I'm a dying romantic and when i can no longer write i can no longer live -Jeremiah Johnson-

lotharingia
since 2000-06-04
Posts 897
saarbruecken, Germany
7 posted 2000-06-30 10:59 AM

This is eyrie, harrowing and incredibly beautiful. You have a way with words seldom found. It seems you have suffered a tragic loss recently, judging by the theme of your poems. I'm sorry fate has been cruel to you. But them poems you write are truly brilliant, and I'm a great fan!

Lotharingia
"For God's sake, he's a poet. Poets are meant to feel miserable. Otherwise, what the hell are they here for? What are they going to write about?"
Tom Holland

Dark_kisses_Within
since 2000-03-21
Posts 680
Kansas
8 posted 2000-06-30 11:02 AM

WELCOME to Dark Passions my Friend.  A place like no other!     Very nice work here.  Very loving and sincere.  Keep up the work

Peace

Once there was a darkness
Deep and endless night
You gave me everything you had
Ahhhhhh you gave me light

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #2 » Return

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary