navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #2 » abyss
Dark Poetry #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic abyss Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
lotharingia
since 2000-06-04
Posts 897
saarbruecken, Germany

0 posted 2000-06-29 11:17 AM

you love his
crimson visions
his despair
his pain
carry you to
your doom

Lotharingia
"For God's sake, he's a poet. Poets are meant to feel miserable. Otherwise, what the hell are they here for? What are they going to write about?"
Tom Holland

© Copyright 2000 uta waller - All Rights Reserved
Dark_kisses_Within
since 2000-03-21
Posts 680
Kansas
1 posted 2000-06-29 11:21 AM

Hmmmmm now this poem hit me differently.  I wouldnt say we love his ways... i would say  ummmmmmmm we get use to his way!  This poem can be taken many ways.  I take it as the demons within ourselves.  And yes I do fight HIM daily!!  

Peace

Once there was a darkness
Deep and endless night
You gave me everything you had
Ahhhhhh you gave me light

kynder
since 2000-04-11
Posts 537
Tallahassee, Florida
2 posted 2000-06-29 11:55 AM

ah yes.... this is very good, lothy.  so incredibly powerful.  loved it!!!

kynder

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
3 posted 2000-06-29 08:08 PM

This is thought provoking..great poetry!  
Jeremiah Johnson
since 2000-06-08
Posts 1223
Brooksville, Fl, U.S
4 posted 2000-06-30 12:40 PM

yes such a great poem from you i hope to see more real soon.

I'm a dying romantic and when i can no longer write i can no longer live -Jeremiah Johnson-

taramw
since 2000-06-08
Posts 738

5 posted 2000-06-30 08:21 AM

Uta - a TERRIFIC poem - as always!    Yes, you can read a lot into this one... I particularly take it as someone who loves another who is very much at odds with them(perhaps), and ultimately destroys the other - because the other just cannot help themselves, and just stays, and stays, and stays...  Maybe I am wrong.... but then, who is wrong and who is right?  Poetry evokes many emotions to the reader... it can be either I guess    Or maybe it is late and I am just rambling! Nevertheless,  a great poem.
lotharingia
since 2000-06-04
Posts 897
saarbruecken, Germany
6 posted 2000-06-30 08:33 AM

Hi folks! Thanks for the feedback!
Kyder, "Lothy", huh? You're welcome to call me uta  
Tara, Late? It's only half past two in the afternoon  
As you say poems mean what the reader sees in them. But you're right about what I was thinking when I wrote this one - a girl (or a boy) who is in love with a man for just those reasons that make the love impossible, obsessed, drawn by the magnet of the abyss within his soul ...

Lotharingia
"For God's sake, he's a poet. Poets are meant to feel miserable. Otherwise, what the hell are they here for? What are they going to write about?"
Tom Holland

Hardrock
since 2000-02-14
Posts 948
New Hampshire, USA
7 posted 2000-06-30 08:45 AM

Well, UTA, I was gonna comment, but you took the words from my mouth.  You are correct...some women find a wounded man, in pain, almost irresistable.  It reaches out to the mothering, nurturing instinct in them.  Unfortunatley, these men usually have a reason they are in pain....and it's never one you can resolve.  Good poem...says a lot.  Hardrock
ChibiDeathscythe
since 2000-06-09
Posts 128

8 posted 2000-06-30 12:19 PM

Wow uta....those words spoke volumes to me. Extremely thought provoking. Luv it  

"Suicides have already betrayed the body.
Still born, they don't always die,
bu dazzled, they can't forget a drug so sweet
that even children would

lotharingia
since 2000-06-04
Posts 897
saarbruecken, Germany
9 posted 2000-07-01 09:53 AM

Hardrock, Indeed. I have been one of those women, hence the idea, got over that malaise though, now.   (I hope, anyway!) Glad you liked it!
Hi Chibi, glad you liked it, too

Lotharingia
Tom Holland

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #2 » abyss

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary