navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #2 » Longing
Dark Poetry #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic Longing Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
bluebrdy65
since 2000-05-16
Posts 276
Gladys,

0 posted 2000-09-18 06:16 AM

Your hands no longer caress me
Your eyes no longer shine
Your smile seems half hearted
I feel you're no longer mine

I long for you to pull me in
and make me feel all is fine

You seem to be standing back
and watching me look for what
I can not find.

Is it your goal to hide?

I long for you to reach out
and embrace me
and make me feel you are mine
I long for you to chase me
to the ends of earth
I long for there to be an end
to all of this mirth

But,

Your dull eyes just stare sometimes
as if you're just not there.
as if you just don't care.
and that is why I get so scared.

© Copyright 2000 Janie M. Williams - All Rights Reserved
Dark_kisses_Within
since 2000-03-21
Posts 680
Kansas
1 posted 2000-09-18 10:15 AM

Awwwwwww yeah, been there, done that and got the shirt on this topic MANY times   ( wow I feel old)  Anyways.... time heals all wounds.  Yes scars are still there but the pain soon dies away.  As does love sometimes fades away.  Its all part of the circle of life.  But keep your head held high and never give up hope and especially yur dreams.  

Peace
DkW

BTW...... nice poem  

No person is worth your tears, and the only one that is ...... will never make you cry

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
2 posted 2000-09-18 03:17 PM

Yes it can be scary and lonely when you have the longing and you are unsure about the other ones feelings...no one wants to care alone...James
Night Chica
since 2000-04-06
Posts 39
Vermont
3 posted 2000-09-18 07:14 PM

Blue -

I recently found myself in that position and believe me, I know exactly how it feels.  You're very unsure, scared, doubtful, worried, etc.  You wish that there was just some way you could reassure yourself that he's there because he wants to be, or that he really cares.

Unfortunately, I wish I could  help ease any pain you might have, but I can't.  I can only say, have faith my dear in what fate does and where it takes you, because everything will hopefully work out for the best.

Wonderful, emotion provoking piece.  Lovely.

-- Megs

I was never one to patiently pick up broken fragments and glue them together again and tell myself that the mended whole was as good as new. What is broken is broken- and I'd rather remember it as it was at its best than mend it and see the broken places as long as I lived.

-- Margaret Mitchell

taramw
since 2000-06-08
Posts 738

4 posted 2000-09-19 01:11 AM

This piece of yours is tremendous!  Written so well    Expresses a lot.  In fact, it's so good... I don't know what else to say  
Take care.

~ Tara ~

"A poem should not mean, but be" - Archibald MacLeish

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #2 » Longing

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary