navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #2 » Fighting Myself
Dark Poetry #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic Fighting Myself Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Joel the wolf
since 2000-04-06
Posts 1333
Angels Camp

0 posted 2000-06-23 03:16 AM

The impacts  are tremendous with blow  after blow ,
each hammering  strike against my armor vibrated  throughout my chest .
Pounding me to the ground , my shield  giving way.
raging is my blood ,  back fighting as I sew , so shall I reap  my best.

Fighting this beast  one more time, my biggest enemy.  
but I’ll fight  my stubbornness  to the very end.
To seek a lasting love of free will,
to know it’s a true love  from deep  within.

Joel.

In my poems to White Dove I have professed to fight God, the Devil or anything on or off this earth,  for her love, knowing now it’s me I’ve got to fight, my stubbornness, my pride, my fears.
To free that which I hold most dear in my life, I must fight myself.
I will win this battle.

< !signature-->

I howl a mournful song, that echos within my chambered heart, for all to read? nay for all to feel.

[This message has been edited by Joel the wolf (edited 06-23-2000).]

© Copyright 2000 Joel. - All Rights Reserved
Jeremiah Johnson
since 2000-06-08
Posts 1223
Brooksville, Fl, U.S
1 posted 2000-06-23 03:30 AM

joel great work. but this battle for your true love i will help you fight. so let me
        (I)
draw a sword with up
         S
         w
         o
         r
         d    P.S do you see my sword anywhere?

I'm a dying romantic and when i can no longer write i can no longer live -Jeremiah Johnson-

kynder
since 2000-04-11
Posts 537
Tallahassee, Florida
2 posted 2000-06-23 05:03 AM

well joel all i can say is i hope her love would have been worth it if you had truly waged those wars.  i for one, feel she is disillusioned and will be the one lost at the end of it all.  but i don't know her, i know you.  but i still think any woman would be a fool to turn love like that away.  that is what i ***** about on here almost every damn day.  no one ever loved ME that way!!!     let me say, i love you, joel.  and did you get my email the other day???  

kynder

A woman to a man is
But a mere chapter,
But a man to a woman
Is an entire book.--
Kynder Howell

EagleOne
Member Elite
since 2000-03-07
Posts 2829
Between a laugh and a tear...
3 posted 2000-06-23 07:58 AM

The hardest battle of all is the one that rages within us.

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Unknown

Hardrock
since 2000-02-14
Posts 948
New Hampshire, USA
4 posted 2000-06-23 08:16 AM

Darn Joel....are we brothers or what?  That's what my lady said to me when we went our separate ways:  "It's just your stubbornness".  She's correct, of course.  I'm the one with the problem...it wasn't her.  What she doesn't understand is that because I love her, I would never burden her with all my excess baggage....she deserves so much more than I can ever be.  Such is love, such is life.  Hardrock.
Joel the wolf
since 2000-04-06
Posts 1333
Angels Camp
5 posted 2000-06-23 11:15 AM

JJ, I have taught sword fighting for years along with all kinds of weapons spear, staff, fencing, so on, so on. I'll take this sword you have made and start the fight with my self, kinda like shadow boxing. thanks.

Oh sweet lady, you are a joy in the forums, in our home, we are brother and sister in the heart, not that we know each others pain we do,  but that we know the depth of each others love.

I seem to have picked up several ?? adopted family members here. haha, like the bloody Walton’s. hahaha
and sweet lady, if I may.?
I do love you. thank you for being here.

Yes Eagleone, it is. how come I feel like I'm landing every time I talk to you?? hahaha

God Hard, your right, it is our stubbornness that is our undoing, if anything I have found that by my keeping what bothers me from my loved one they resent it, We are men who are givers and our pride keeps us from taking, and that's what our loves want
do for us is give to us, to be that which is significant to us, we are the strong, in mind and body, so what can they give to us in our time of need? nothing if we don't let down our pride, and if we don't they will feel rejected and unwanted, this is
fallacy in our make up, we just never want to admit we need it, and them in turn.

love all you guys thank you .

Joel.

I howl a mournful song, that echos within my chambered heart, for all to read? nay for all to feel.

bluebrdy65
since 2000-05-16
Posts 276
Gladys,
6 posted 2000-06-24 08:00 AM

Joel Here we go fighting again
I loved this poem
and I think we all fight with ourselves the most at least I do.
I seem to be kicking myself in the butt all the time.
However I do love your work.
So keep it up.

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
7 posted 2000-06-24 08:17 AM

Joel may your heart and soul summon all the strength and courage necessary to win this battle...this internal struggle.  Do not worry...she knows where you are...she knows who you are...if she wants your friendship, companionship, no matter her desire she will let you know.  You have fought a good fight and all that remains is a choice on her part.   I'm hoping your heart finds the comfort and the strength it so desperately needs.  I am touched by your writing...James
Joel the wolf
since 2000-04-06
Posts 1333
Angels Camp
8 posted 2000-06-24 09:45 AM

Yes blue we are our biggest enemy.

and thank you James I'll use all I have in this fight.

Joel.

Nancee
since 2000-06-17
Posts 45
Australia
9 posted 2000-06-24 09:59 AM

As I desperately cling to someone that never was, my heart aches for you.
May the last pedestal fall and all be revealed.

Look around you,everyone you know, everyone you see is goin to shine, FOR YOU.

~Night_Mist~
since 2000-06-24
Posts 31
Calgary, AB Canada
10 posted 2000-06-24 02:31 PM

Hey Joel:
    I'm actaully really new to this site but I loved your poem. Good job! Stirred my emotions. That's for sure!
                  ~Night_Mist~

catalinamoon
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-03
Posts 9543
The Shores of Alone
11 posted 2000-06-24 08:39 PM

Joel, you will make it, and win the fight. Whichever way it goes, when you love that much, you have been a victor in at least one way. I love your writing,
Sandra/Catalinamoon

Joel the wolf
since 2000-04-06
Posts 1333
Angels Camp
12 posted 2000-06-25 12:50 PM

Thank you Nancee, yes me to. thanks again.

Night Mist, that's ok to be new we all were at one time. hahaha and stirred emotions are good. haahha

HHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWLLLLLLLLL

that's one for the new comer. ahha

and Sandra thank you, yes I will win this one, even if I have to come back from the dead I will.

Joel.

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
13 posted 2000-06-27 05:20 PM

Damn this is good...I'm going to recommend that Blondie over in op8 read this...reminds me of a poem she wrote in which she is fighting her demon titled "Overpowering Demon".....James
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #2 » Fighting Myself

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary