navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #2 » after all we've been through (you left me...)
Dark Poetry #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic after all we've been through (you left me...) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Virgin Suïcide
since 2000-08-11
Posts 319
Netherlands

0 posted 2000-08-21 12:30 PM

Now you just sit
and listen
to what I've got to say

Don't walk away
the last time I tried

I cried and I cried
everytime
I did it to myself again

You WERE always there
to listen
to my story

And you told me
what to do
and helped me with my feelings

But now you just run
away
scared of your own

You tell me you don't
love me
anymore from now on

You just
don't want it
anymore

But how can you say this
after all
we've been through?

You told me you loved me
now
and forever

Forever we'd be friends
no matter
what happened

We'd be together
together
as one

But now you just say
it's over
like nothing ever happened

And I trusted you
shared
my deepest feelings

Why did you do
this
and left me alone

Alone with my feelings
no one
who is there

It's hard to live on
without you
but I have to

I guess...

"I love the way you love, but I hate the way, I'm supposed to love you back..."

Love is hard to live...
Try to live life in love....

© Copyright 2000 Virgin Suïcide - All Rights Reserved
darkstar
since 2000-08-09
Posts 230
Port Richey, Fl, USA
1 posted 2000-08-21 02:44 PM

Good poem. If you need someone to talk to I'm there for ya...

Dark Star

Virgin Suïcide
since 2000-08-11
Posts 319
Netherlands
2 posted 2000-08-21 03:58 PM

ey...thanx darkstar! I'm kinda falling away from my life I guess....again... but I hope I will get over it or something... I really do...

love, Virgin Suïcide...
< !signature-->

Love is hard to live...

[This message has been edited by Virgin Suïcide (edited 08-21-2000).]

Janie
since 2000-08-13
Posts 158

3 posted 2000-08-21 10:40 PM

Virgin Suicide,

I can really relate to what you've written here. I once had a deep friendship with someone who I had told all my woes to, of past relationship garbage, the hurtful things others had put me through and then he and I became "more than friends" and dated for a long time. When our relationship ended, for no reason other than "it just happens", not only was I devastated because I'd lost my boyfriend (I had to withdraw from school that semester, too depressed to go to class) but I'd lost my best friend too. It was really hard for a long time, but with God's help, I made it through. There's someone special out there just for you, you just haven't found that person yet. It may be hard to see now, but Garth Brooks says it so well when he says, "Thank God for unanswered prayers" (if you don't know the song, it's about a guy who runs into his old high school sweetheart who broke his heart at his reunion. He reminisces about the past and how much the breakup had hurt him but then comes to the realization that if God had answered his prayer to put this "old" love back in his life, he wouldn't be w/his wife) Also there's a book you may want to read that's short about lost love. It's told thru poems about breaking up and surviving called "How to survive the loss of a love". It's pretty good-helped me.

Take care,
Janie

Virgin Suïcide
since 2000-08-11
Posts 319
Netherlands
4 posted 2000-08-22 04:35 AM

heya Jamie!
thnx for your reply! but with this guy and me, it was just a really close friendship, not more than that...although everyone thought so...but we never had anything or so... I had some problems with it too, and kinda because of that I have to do this year again...
and btw, I don't believe....

love, Virgin Suïcide...
< !signature-->

Love is hard to live...

[This message has been edited by Virgin Suïcide (edited 08-22-2000).]

LM
since 2000-08-03
Posts 585

5 posted 2000-08-22 04:20 PM

Hi. Great poem, I can really relate...
I was best friends with this guy for 5 years, but you know what they say about platonic friendship... yes, exactly, it doesn't exist! Although I was never inlove with him, he really meant a lot to me (still does) so I never really wanted to tell him a cold definite NO and I also thought that maybe with time I will fall inlove and we'll live happily ever after yadda,yadda,yadda...
Well guess what? He finally gave up hope it'll happen and we had a terrible fight I never thought possible between us. Once again, platonic friendship between a guy and a girl doesn't exist! But I realised I don't want to lose him though he made it PRETTY CLEAR he's not gonna speak to me again ever!
But I am not one who gives up so quickly! And I hope we'll come back being good friends (or more...)  
So don't give up! Tell him ALL YOU GOT TO SAY! Ciao!

LM
since 2000-08-03
Posts 585

6 posted 2000-08-22 04:22 PM

P.S.
Sorry it was kinda long and boring... just had to spill it out!

Virgin Suïcide
since 2000-08-11
Posts 319
Netherlands
7 posted 2000-08-22 04:29 PM

hehe, it's ok...but I think he's kinda like your guy...although we didn't have a fight...it was just very sudden and it's still kinda weird, and I don't want to give him up, but I just want to be friends with him...just like we were before I guess...
AND I WON'T GIVE UP!!!!

love, Virgin Suïcide...

Love is hard to live...

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #2 » after all we've been through (you left me...)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary