navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #2 » The questions you ask. ( for my son)
Dark Poetry #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic The questions you ask. ( for my son) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Jeremiah Johnson
since 2000-06-08
Posts 1223
Brooksville, Fl, U.S

0 posted 2000-06-22 02:32 AM

ok i don't have a son yet i'm only 17 but i tend to look into the furture alot and about things that have not happened yet. but when i do have a son this is for him.

You always speak when your not spoken
               To
  And always without my promission
              But
  I do the joyous thing as a father
              And
   Just listen to your questions
      What is this and that?
              And
  I tell you over time your mind
         Will be filled
   Like dust on an old Baseball
             Cap.

I'm a dying romantic and when i can no longer write i can no longer live -Jeremiah Johnson-

© Copyright 2000 E'Val - All Rights Reserved
Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
1 posted 2000-06-22 09:17 AM

I like this! Keep it and someday, when you have a 17 year old son, give it to him.  
SpitFire
Member Elite
since 2000-04-19
Posts 2396

2 posted 2000-06-22 09:23 AM

~How clever of you to write this for a son you haven't had yet. hehe.  You SHOULD keep this and share it with him....shall you have one.  Keep writing. Take care. *Peace.
Tosha Shook
since 2000-06-30
Posts 2

3 posted 2000-06-30 07:26 PM

Hay I really like this one.I am hopeing that may be one day this will be my son to.I hope and pray.......Love Tosha Shook...how come you have never read me this one I really like it a lot....It has a lot of love in it well have to go .Bye
Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland
4 posted 2000-06-30 07:37 PM

That and so much more, great start and just add to it as words of wisdom come your way.
Mind you they don't appreciate words of wisdom until they are 25 or so!! LOL  Good work  

I'll tell you this...... No eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn.....
~Isis~
(Goddess - Sovereign of the Spirit)

catalinamoon
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-03
Posts 9543
The Shores of Alone
5 posted 2000-06-30 08:06 PM

J, you are a deep thinker, already speaking to your son like this. You will be a great Dad someday. Nice poem, too.
Deborah1
since 2000-06-22
Posts 653
New Hampshire
6 posted 2000-06-30 08:20 PM

To plan ahead with such sweet thoughts, I hope you have that son someday, and keep that for him, I know he will find it very special!!!!
Hardrock
since 2000-02-14
Posts 948
New Hampshire, USA
7 posted 2000-06-30 08:42 PM

Marvelous Jeremiah...I hope you have that son. But if you have girls, like I did, it works just the same.  For my girls I have what I call the Neverending Book....it's a continuous writing on every thing I can think of...from Automobiles to Zeppelins (including Led Zeppelin).  It's just a short subject and my idea or opinion on it....so they have some idea how and why their father thought like he did.  Hopefully they will keep it going for their children....so far into the future later generations will look back and say, "Man, those early people were really hosed".  Families are like that.  Hardrock
lotharingia
since 2000-06-04
Posts 897
saarbruecken, Germany
8 posted 2000-07-01 05:40 AM

Wow, Jeremiah, what a great poem. And might I add that it's pretty unusual to find 17 year old men talking about having children with any enthusiasm. My hat off to you!

Lotharingia
"For God's sake, he's a poet. Poets are meant to feel miserable. Otherwise, what the hell are they here for? What are they going to write about?"
Tom Holland

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #2 » The questions you ask. ( for my son)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary