navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #2 » Satisfying Life
Dark Poetry #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic Satisfying Life Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Neala
since 1999-08-21
Posts 262
Florida, USA

0 posted 2000-06-18 06:03 PM

Living life for everyone else
Satisfies all but you
Poeple look up to you
But you become sad and alone
And without hope
Simply a meer lost cause

The more you help others
The less you feel for yourself
You become unimportant
Cause you so rapped up in everything else
So keep yourself in mind
All the time

-Neala
(Goddess of Sadness)

© Copyright 2000 Rachel Parrish - All Rights Reserved
Jeremiah Johnson
since 2000-06-08
Posts 1223
Brooksville, Fl, U.S
1 posted 2000-06-18 06:17 PM

this is a a great poem. i to feel this way I use to live to make others smile but than i became sad so now i live life and do what makes me happy tho i write dark poems.

I'm the lord, I'm the havoc, I'm the soul

SpitFire
Member Elite
since 2000-04-19
Posts 2396

2 posted 2000-06-18 06:25 PM

~Wow,...this poem really made me think.  Great work expressing yourself. I agree that we have to always make time for ourselves,...but I also think that helping others makes me feel good.  Like when I am really depressed,...it helps me if I help someone else...and to see that I have made someone's day a little bit less hard...Or a smile,...even the smallest thing can put a smile in your heart.  This poem got me thinking...so well done.  Take care. *Peace.
Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland
3 posted 2000-06-18 06:45 PM

True words Neala, even though you look after others, help them, being a nurse, doctor, social worker etc, whatever, you still have to take the time to look after No. 1 namely you.  It is draining always looking out for others, so the 'me' time is important.
Good work  

I'll tell you this...... No eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn.....
~Isis~
(Goddess - Sovereign of the Spirit)

Joel the wolf
since 2000-04-06
Posts 1333
Angels Camp
4 posted 2000-06-18 08:08 PM

Yes the me is first, I have always been a giver and found it so hard to take, and still do, something to work on.
love the expression kid.

Joel

I howl a mournful song, that echos within my chambered heart, for all to read? nay for all to feel.

taramw
since 2000-06-08
Posts 738

5 posted 2000-06-19 06:41 AM

I agree.  Sometimes we tend to "over-care".  We should always look out for number 1 first, because if we don't then we will not be of any benefit to anyone!    But in saying that I always believe that what you give out will always return ten-fold.
hunter
since 2000-06-18
Posts 22
lex,ky
6 posted 2000-06-19 10:26 AM

it seems right now i am living your words.i need to look more to myself.i will think on yourwords today as i go thru my life.
Munda
Member Elite
since 1999-10-08
Posts 3544
The Hague, The Netherlands
7 posted 2000-06-20 07:46 AM

Yep, whatever you do, don't forget yourself.
Well done !

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #2 » Satisfying Life

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary