navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #2 » Chances Are
Dark Poetry #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic Chances Are Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
carolinadreams
since 2000-07-20
Posts 142

0 posted 2000-07-29 04:47 AM

it's that very second when she opens her eyes and stares lovingly back into the ones that have adored her all night
it's that very moment that you both know what the other is going to say, yet speak no words
it's that very instant you can feel no ending, no beginning, no idea where it's all coming from, and then the eyes spill
it's that very first time you saw her cry, held back the tears, and knew something special was born
it's that very personal time you held yourself, wished for the best, prayed for the chance, and the eyes engulfed you
it's that very smell that reminds you, of times loved, of times lost, and the very presence
it's that very chance that the feeling is mutual, the sparkles are true, and the thoughts are inline
it's that very glimpse seen together of the same stars, the same future, and the awe of beauty within
it's that very chance that you might meet again, that you have always been together, and that something might last forever
it's that very strange empty feeling, the loss within, and the thought of live's lived within eachother
it's that very thought that life and love are not so simplified, that you have both given all you could
it's that very smile that appears on our face, that seems to wrap around between eachother together
it's that very thought that scares us beyond all understanding, within some strange looping situations, without the usual
it's that very interesting look in someones eyes, that again makes us wonder, without eachother
it's that very thing that might drive us crazy, or deeper within, maybe just lost
it's that very simple chance that we might understand eachother completely

J.L.Koehler
Please send some feedback on this, it is the first I've written in days, and I'm beginning to think I've used up all of my worth. Even if you don't like it, please let me know everything.

© Copyright 2000 J.L. Koehler - All Rights Reserved
bluebrdy65
since 2000-05-16
Posts 276
Gladys,
1 posted 2000-07-29 04:56 AM

I really enjoyed this poem
there is always new beginings in new and old relationships.We constantly travel through new feelings and emotions.
This is how I took your poem.
again I really enjoyed your piece
Blue

Deborah1
since 2000-06-22
Posts 653
New Hampshire
2 posted 2000-07-29 08:47 AM

Carolina, I get stuck too on writing sometimes, lately  I haven't done too much...Anyways please keep going, this was full of emotions and comparisons, and I loved it!! Hope to see more!!! Deb1

The fragrance always stays in the hand that gives the rose...--Hada Bejar

Lynne Dale
since 2000-07-18
Posts 114
Melbourne Victoria
3 posted 2000-07-29 09:16 AM

Carolina. I'm new at this so bear with me. I liked the way it looped back on itself forming a perfect image of infinity. I liked the mundane turned to magic the ordinary to the extraordinary. I liked the way it flowed. What I didn't like was...Um nothing.
Cheers
Kethry

Kethry.
When dark of night steals your soul. Think of me and be made whole.

Hardrock
since 2000-02-14
Posts 948
New Hampshire, USA
4 posted 2000-07-29 12:58 PM

J.L.  There is NOTHING wrong with this poem.  The creative juices are obviously still brewing within you. Beautifully done.  Hardrock
Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland
5 posted 2004-12-23 12:41 PM

Beautiful CD, but you always had a way with words.
Isis

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Dark Poetry #2 » Chances Are

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary